From what i hear the CT sounds amps have made some new changes. Anyone know of what changes were made to the boards? What are some thoughts on these amps.

They seem to be very popular at major events. ALOT of those amplifers were being used at this past unified World Finals event. Any details on this ?? Maybe post up a link or something ??

Lots of people in the Houston area using CT sounds products. I hear they are solid, I also heard the amps dont like to be wired below .5 .

ehh.gif

Spend your money elsewhere

Why is that? Anyone wanna back up their claims or just listen to what I say?

Ive been hearing nothing but good things about their amps lately.

Edited by jay-cee

Is this another skarred brand?

Is this another skarred brand?

After talking to several SPL competitors in Hunstville, CT Sounds put on a WAY better showing than Skar Products.

I do not run these products, but I have seen several of these amplifiers in SPL competitor vehicles.

What makes these any different than sundown, crescendo, skar.. etc?

What makes these any different than sundown, crescendo, skar.. etc?

White face and see-through back plate !

What else ?

I've heard they can run 5k on stock electrical on a half ohm load, no second battery, 90 amp alternator. Also when you play good music through em, unicorns appear on your windshield.

I've seen their amps in person, they look pretty beefy. And a lot of competitors are using them in the lanes. Their subs though, I wouldn't dare using them. They literally feel like subs you could buy at Toys R us LOL

I am just interested in their amps really. I hear good things about the amps, as far as the costumer service, thats a different story. Not trying to turn this into a bashing thread I was just curious if people know anything about the amps. As far as my plans I am wanting to get the new 2200.1 to push 3 SA 10's.

I am just interested in their amps really. I hear good things about the amps, as far as the costumer service, thats a different story. Not trying to turn this into a bashing thread I was just curious if people know anything about the amps. As far as my plans I am wanting to get the new 2200.1 to push 3 SA 10's.

Well, I'm not bias, of any brand or equipment. Me personally, I'm not a fan of the owner himself. But that's not what we're talking about. If you are only concerned with the product and the product itself, the amps will do rated, as long as you have adequate electrical. 

What happens when your brand new is dead on arrival and you can't get ahold of someone at CT or they refuse to replace it no charge, then will you blow off the CS part of the company?

Well, I'm not bias, of any brand or equipment. Me personally, I'm not a fan of the owner himself. But that's not what we're talking about. If you are only concerned with the product and the product itself, the amps will do rated, as long as you have adequate electrical. 

I wasn't referring to you when I said about the bashing, I was looking at your comments as to be the most honest. As for the electrical I already have a xs d3100 at the front as replacement. Big 3 done. I may decided on another battery towards the rear but i am undecided so far, need to see about the room I have.

What happens when your brand new is dead on arrival and you can't get ahold of someone at CT or they refuse to replace it no charge, then will you blow off the CS part of the company?

I'm sure this is why he decided to do strictly dealers. If this case happens I will duke it out with dealer. The local dealer for me is a pretty straight shooter and very reputable.

SSDD

SSDD

Not following?

Same Shit Different Day. Just another company playing with the same boards.

SSDD

Not following?

Same Shit Different Day. Just another company playing with the same boards.

Oh, lol. I tried a search on CT Sounds on the forum just couldn't find an answer. Just people who have them and people who trash talk it. I was basically trying to find out if anyone knew of the changes made. My dealer told me that they are a new model from previous but didn't get to talk much about them.

fuck CT sounds.

I have a local friend out here in cali who has had two doas and one smoke instantly and he will be on his fourth amp so far. So yeah great quality

Any pics of these DOA's? What is this person wiring to? Perhaps anything they put in their ride will go up in smoke if they have such bad luck. Which model did this person keep having such bad luck with? I don't doubt this person having issues, but I'd like some type of validity for myself since I have 1 Ct4k and another that'll be here tomorrow.

fuck CT sounds.

Have a bad run in with Coleman or something? lol

I personally was able to put up my ct4k against a crescendo 5500 head to head in my truck and the ct4k edged over the nendo by a tiny margin. 

My tests were at 1ohm final load with a mechman elite on 3 batts with the ct4k scoring a 147.2 and the nendo scoring a 146.6. These tests were performed 1 after the other with the nendo going first and a xs power 1005 topping off the batts before each burp. Scoring was done on a average of 5 burps on 4 18" Obsidian's with charging done between each burp. Test was done inside a garage so temperature wouldn't be affecting and also checked the temperature of the subs between each burp and never tested if the coils were over 140F. Average coil temperature was right at 115-124 degrees each burp. This small temperate variation had no affect on overall output.  

So at least the 4k passed my test for what I needed it for. The disclaimer i'd leave is this is MY setup and obviously these will change with anyone elses. So FFS don't go thinking these could be replicated in any fashion for your ride. The nendo might be better or the same, who the hell cares? I honestly just like the all black case design.