i heard coleman and kevin were lovers.....

I have a local friend out here in cali who has had two doas and one smoke instantly and he will be on his fourth amp so far. So yeah great quality

Any pics of these DOA's? What is this person wiring to? Perhaps anything they put in their ride will go up in smoke if they have such bad luck. Which model did this person keep having such bad luck with? I don't doubt this person having issues, but I'd like some type of validity for myself since I have 1 Ct4k and another that'll be here tomorrow.

fuck CT sounds.

Have a bad run in with Coleman or something? lol

I personally was able to put up my ct4k against a crescendo 5500 head to head in my truck and the ct4k edged over the nendo by a tiny margin.

My tests were at 1ohm final load with a mechman elite on 3 batts with the ct4k scoring a 147.2 and the nendo scoring a 146.6. These tests were performed 1 after the other with the nendo going first and a xs power 1005 topping off the batts before each burp. Scoring was done on a average of 5 burps on 4 18" Obsidian's with charging done between each burp. Test was done inside a garage so temperature wouldn't be affecting and also checked the temperature of the subs between each burp and never tested if the coils were over 140F. Average coil temperature was right at 115-124 degrees each burp. This small temperate variation had no affect on overall output.

So at least the 4k passed my test for what I needed it for. The disclaimer i'd leave is this is MY setup and obviously these will change with anyone elses. So FFS don't go thinking these could be replicated in any fashion for your ride. The nendo might be better or the same, who the hell cares? I honestly just like the all black case design.

They were doas and one smoked instantly. Not even any play time in them. One ohm, with 3 batteries.

I've verified the install and nothing is out of the ordinary, when we put an old autotek mm 3k on it, it did just fine.

Coleman just sucks

I like Coleman Coolers :P:

I've seen similarities in Skar and CT so I've stayed far away. From what I can tell they both are young guys who know basically nothing about car audio and just throw products together from China and Korea.

That being said audiotechnix/ctsounds wire and deadener is very affordable and for the price it don't think you can get much better.

This is purely my opinion though and from the information I've gathered.

Probably because wire is impossible to come in DOA.. but i'm sure with the right brand behind it.. they'll find a way to make that happen next in the car audio world.

I will echo what I said before. My CT4k is good and does well over rated power. More so than the nendo 5500 it replaced. Now I have 2 and both work great. I've yet to come across a single proof post of someone actually blowing/smoking the amps that hooked one up correctly. Everything I've seen is hearsay and people that remember something about something. Truth is Coleman never said that his board shared anything with any of the RD amps. Someone else put that out there that happened to see it and put that assumption together on Caco and Facebook. 

While the dude could possibly be a douchebag or a loser, that remains irrelevant. Truth is the amps he's put out have their place and are selling like crazy and do well. I'll likely trade mine out eventually, but for now I'll continue to run my shit amps I guess.

Edited by nadcicle

Ct sounds are China amps. All the better ones, sundown, dc, B2 Ect are Korean built. There is a reason a ct7k can be had for like $700 new and a dc7.5k or comparable pcb cost around $1500.

You guys are comparing apples to elephants.

Ct sounds are China amps. All the better ones, sundown, dc, B2 Ect are Korean built. There is a reason a ct7k can be had for like $700 new and a dc7.5k or comparable pcb cost around $1500.

You guys are comparing apples to elephants.

We've heard it said a million times that for some people a watt is a watt. The fact is the nendo made about 4300 at around 12.7 and the Ct4k made about 5030 at 12.7. Once again, whether or not it's apples to elephants or not these were both on SMD dyno's for what it's worth.

Also, since I owned both amps I give my opinion in such a way as not to show bias, but the CT flat out did better than the nendo in my 12 volt setup. The OP's question was about how their amps do and not about the integrity of the owner, where the amps were made, or even how they compare to their Korean counterparts. I based my response on things that I have experience with and not internet hearsay. 

The SMD dyno is a joke if using the burst.

And I compare because the life span on the Korean board is quite longer. Better parts Ect.

How an amp performs vs. The ratings are irrelevant.

A 2500w amp that makes 3k, isn't a 2500w amp. It's a 3k watt amp rated at 2500w.

The RD D5 is rated at 2kw. But clamps out in excess of 5k. Is it a revolutionary 2kw amp? Not it's a 5kw amp that's marketed to the competitor to fit in a certain power class.

No company wants their amps to I'll perform. So the they under rate them so they look better. Go look at the amps I just got installed in my build log. Those are rated at 3k. Here's the SMD results.

received_m_mid_1395792401639_dc59d44e654

Smoke and mirrors.

Yah, they were both certified runs. I'm not arguing that the dynamic power shouldn't even be an option.

You're side tracking that I'm saying the ct4k is a better amp for power than the nendo 5500 in my 12v setup. It does more on the meter and more certified. The only test I take seriously is the certified and the uncertified tests. The only reason I do take them seriously is cause I will be burping with the same amount of power. I know I won't see this on music and could care less. I could understand if I was saying it was a b2 m1u vs a soundstream 10k,but it's not.

As for under rating an amp, I was always under the assumption that the reason that was done was because your amp had to match certain qualifications in the lane @ a certain ohm load to be in that class. Eg. My amp does 400 watts @ 4 ohm so I'd be in the 0-500 class. It'd be irrelevant that it does 10k at a half at that point.

I respect that you guys know what you're talking about and you could put huge builds together and do well, but I wouldn't throw ct's 2 biggest amps to the side based on hearsay. If you got the chance to hold one or play with one I'd ask you to reevaluate your opinion. I don't sell, condone, or even get free stuff from them. I based everything on real world experience with them.

*Edit*

Forgive me, but I was off a bit on the nendo dyno.

Here's the CT4k for reference.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1472889_665388446815904_768000461_n.jpg

Edited by nadcicle

Post like this are very, VERY funny!!  Companies order amplifiers and put their names on it and people swear this is better then that...  There are three quality companies that make great amplifiers in South Korea..  There are some companies that make good amplifiers in China BUT, the parts are not the same quality (mainly the board is smaller with less copper)...

S**** (Digital Designs, Sound Qubed, American Bass, SPL Dynamics, Skar, and some Sundown)
Z**** (Sundown, Incriminator Audio, Atomic, DC Audio, Zapco, Crescendo Audio, RD Audio)
C**** (Addictive Audio, Alpine, Treo Engineering, C4 Audio, Elevation Audio)

CT Sounds gets their amplifier out of China from Man and Technologies Inc... They also make amplifiers for RE Audio/US Amps, Powerbass and others....   It is a middle of the road company but I would not buy anything bigger then 1,500 watts from them..  Their boards are hard press to handle the heat of 2,000 watts or more, much less 4,000, 5,000 or 7,000 watts.. 

It is people here on the forums that feed crap companies or people with a credit card and no knowledge what so ever that think they can go to CES and get a business card from a build house in China and pick quality based on the best price...   It takes time, money and KNOWLEDGE to make a quality product!!!  Customer service in amplifiers is #1 since there are only 2 or 3 companies that do anything outside of shipping a box for their amplifiers..  There are a few companies that assemble their subwoofers and even fewer that BUILD their subs..  If people would do more research instead of rehashing half truths and believing total bullshit then their would be a lot less crap in the industry...

Edited by audioinformer

CT sounds = Coleman Thedinger ... That alone should raise a "red flag", the guy has no idea on how to design or engineer a thing. His past actions on his so called sound dampener venture was enough to know to keep a distance. Shop elsewhere, you'll be glad you did.

This x17.

I've bought a few (8 or 9) Sundown amps for the last years. I had one single problem recently with a NS-1 v1 : it was covered by the warranty, I sent the amp back and now I received the v2.

Two friends of mine bought Crescendo amps : one 5500 is fried, and a 3500 had problems too (on 3 amps). Maybe it was some users errors, maybe it was bad luck ! They bought those for the price !

I won't judge the quality of those amps with my little experience, but it doesn't make me want to try CT products !

After all of this, I'm glad I stick to good old fashioned "Made in America - Tried and True" Class A/B amplifiers.

More Expensive, but MUCH LESS of a headache.

ill stick to my Korean boards..no ct sounds for me in the future lol.

ill stick to my Korean boards..no ct sounds for me in the future lol.

But you run chinese subs? What's the difference.

I don't support anyone who supports the race to zero.

Also I personally know two people who had issues with CT amps and customer service was terrible. Kevin Schlenker v2.

Not backing anything or anyone. But I read a report that was from the maker of the CT amps and they are Korean built. I've heard the ct1400.1 on an smd aa 15. In a Chevy X cab when I was buying his old aq 2k amp. And we tested the amp in his truck and the 1400 was a lot louder. It's been a bit but the 2k amp wasn't one of the cheap amps like boss or pyle. It was a nice amp.

Edited by drailed77

Not backing anything or anyone. But I read a report that was from the maker of the CT amps and they are Korean built. I've heard the ct1400.1 on an smd aa 15. In a Chevy X cab when I was buying his old aq 2k amp. And we tested the amp in his truck and the 1400 was a lot louder. It's been a bit but the 2k amp wasn't one of the cheap amps like boss or pyle. It was a nice amp.

They aren't Korean amps. However I'm not bashing the product and many people have had success with them.

There also has been numerous reports of them going up in smoke.

So do as you wish

The build house claims to be Korean parts, but are chinese manufactured. Truth is they changed internals after the first pre-order production run anyways.

I will update you all and say that the original amp I have is still going strong, but after trading my BC5500 for another 1 I have nothing but issues from the one I traded for. The company went even cheaper in hopes to keep costs down and it now shows. I started by strapping them and making my old amp the master and the second the slave. That lasted 2 days before the slave amp got so hot it started smelling like burnt hair in my truck. Forgot to get pics of this, but the amp actually never blew! The fets got so hot they were turning the board black and even smoked up the plexi back, but it was still running so I ended up sending it in and getting a replacement. Well, this time I thought that maybe it was because I strapped them and that caused the issue so I went ahead and gain matched them instead. Well the brand new amp decided to pop like I was making popcorn, but this time I got some pics. Oh, did I mention that CS on the first amp was great and had no issues. Now the company seems to be going through some allegations and I was asked to send pics this time and haven't heard a peep back.

Ah well, time to move on and get more power now. Now let's see some blown amp pics right?

20140722_0713111_zps7b34525f.jpg

20140722_0712261_zps4aec62a5.jpg

20140722_0712041_zpse70f69f9.jpg

20140722_0711391_zps403dd0bf.jpg

20140722_0709561_zps5281b5f8.jpg

20140722_0709281_zps8faf8b54.jpg

20140722_0708581_zpsb45cff7d.jpg

The build house claims to be Korean parts, but are chinese manufactured. Truth is they changed internals after the first pre-order production run anyways.

I will update you all and say that the original amp I have is still going strong, but after trading my BC5500 for another 1 I have nothing but issues from the one I traded for. The company went even cheaper in hopes to keep costs down and it now shows. I started by strapping them and making my old amp the master and the second the slave. That lasted 2 days before the slave amp got so hot it started smelling like burnt hair in my truck. Forgot to get pics of this, but the amp actually never blew! The fets got so hot they were turning the board black and even smoked up the plexi back, but it was still running so I ended up sending it in and getting a replacement. Well, this time I thought that maybe it was because I strapped them and that caused the issue so I went ahead and gain matched them instead. Well the brand new amp decided to pop like I was making popcorn, but this time I got some pics. Oh, did I mention that CS on the first amp was great and had no issues. Now the company seems to be going through some allegations and I was asked to send pics this time and haven't heard a peep back.

Ah well, time to move on and get more power now. Now let's see some blown amp pics right?

20140722_0713111_zps7b34525f.jpg

20140722_0712261_zps4aec62a5.jpg

20140722_0712041_zpse70f69f9.jpg

20140722_0711391_zps403dd0bf.jpg

20140722_0709561_zps5281b5f8.jpg

20140722_0709281_zps8faf8b54.jpg

20140722_0708581_zpsb45cff7d.jpg

Man it really sucks to see this, A supportive customer let down.

I think its downhill for CT from this point on...

It truly was a humbling experience. One of which I had to see first hand cause quite frankly there was no proof of this actually happening. Sure, companies do show favoritism to some and its understandable from what the customer does for publicity and all, but it went from great to sour extremely fast.

Most everyone here was right and I am not too proud to admit it. It took Murphys law to prove it to me, but it indeed showed me the truth.

Strapping technology is still not solid and all brands who use strapping have had issues.

This may be why most brazilian amplifiers do not strap and one company who does, Stetsom, uses Parallel strapping, which is different than any korean\chinese tech has ever marketed.

I have never been a fan of strapping as i've witnessed so many amps go down in failure, even some when the headunit was just on pause.  

It's input signal issues with the slave amplifier side.  Until these companies figure out what they are all doing wrong, i'll never applaud strapping.

But with CT Sounds.. you did hear that even Kevin.. oh no, heh, but yes, Kevin even has 1st hand experience in seeing that CT Sounds is about to go down.. Buildhouse is about to call 1-800-Ask-Gary on them soon because they are owed money... Enough to destroy them.

I've met this guy 4+ years ago and he was clueless about anything audio related. He had 2 DC subs in his car and it sounded like absolute garbage. Definitely staying away from anything he sells.....or gives away for free.....

His buildhouse is now offering to the worldwide public to purchase CT's own inventory AT COST since CT no longer has the funds to pay for it all.
IF you want some cheap amps.. now's the time.. 

10w per $1 + INT'L shipping.
I forgot to add-

If you do go this route, it is illegal to sell it as new.

You will be sued if found out.

Edited by shizzzon