Sign in to follow this  
jj1479

Where to get a subwoofer magnetized?

Looking for a company to get a 12"sub magnetized. Purchased a Orion xtrpro around 4 years ago an the magnet somehow never got magnetized.

only a few companies out there have the capability to do so. I know Fi and IA has one

im no expert on this topic but the company I work for has a machine that they put magnets in that arent magnetic and after a couple hours they are.. we build alternators and starters.. I believe those machines are on the yoke line.. there are tons of signs around that area that says not to be there if you have a pacemaker... but anyway I can ask if I can put your magnets In there if you want? like I say im no expert but thought id offer

The sub is already assembled, i'm not sure how you'd go about that :(

The sub is already assembled, i'm not sure how you'd go about that sad.png

The sub has to be assembled first.  Once the slug is magnetized there's no way to build the motor.  As far as the basket and soft parts are concerned, if there's room for the motor to fit in the machine with those parts attached I can't imagine how it would make a difference with them being attached.  Seems like I remember Nick saying they're completely built when they get magnetized because if they magnetized them at any point before they're built they'd have major issues with metal shavings and such getting all over them.

The sub is already assembled, i'm not sure how you'd go about that sad.png

The sub has to be assembled first. Once the slug is magnetized there's no way to build the motor. As far as the basket and soft parts are concerned, if there's room for the motor to fit in the machine with those parts attached I can't imagine how it would make a difference with them being attached. Seems like I remember Nick saying they're completely built when they get magnetized because if they magnetized them at any point before they're built they'd have major issues with metal shavings and such getting all over them.

from what little ive seen of those machines they arent near the yoke building process it just simply magnetizes the magnets before being put into the yoke. im not 100% on this because I work in die cast and never on the yoke line.. but im willing to ask the people there if I could do such a thi g if the guy wants to ship or bring me the sub.. I do know they put the magnets in metal trays with padding so I dont think the sub as a whole would be any kind of a issue in there..

Motors are assembled with uncharged slugs.

Learn something new every day :P

Then I assume that all subwoofer manufactures here in the states that build there subs here all have a magnetizer/charger? I've seen very few video's of some being done like EMF and there used to be a video around that showed the big ass magnetizer from the original Tc Sounds years ago with Thilo Stompler standing beside it but it was sold at the auction. Someone said to email robot underground an they could do it. We shall see. I emailed several manufactures an not one has returned an email yet.

Then I assume that all subwoofer manufactures here in the states that build there subs here all have a magnetizer/charger? I've seen very few video's of some being done like EMF and there used to be a video around that showed the big ass magnetizer from the original Tc Sounds years ago with Thilo Stompler standing beside it but it was sold at the auction. Someone said to email robot underground an they could do it. We shall see. I emailed several manufactures an not one has returned an email yet.

well if you run into any issues ill be more than glad to try and help. just lmk

Ok ask them and see what they say. The sub is assembled an weighs around 12-18lbs I think so not sure if it would fit in the metal tray but see what they say. Like I said no one has emailed me back.

Ok ask them and see what they say. The sub is assembled an weighs around 12-18lbs I think so not sure if it would fit in the metal tray but see what they say. Like I said no one has emailed me back.

they said they dont see as to why it would be a issue and its a pretty big machine. im sure it will fit.. it holds like 4k 1 inch magnents.. thats just what the operators told me.. im going to go talk to qc and a supervisor to see if they would let me.. if not ill sneak it in on a sunday and just do it lol.. I have a couple junk subs ill throw In there first to make sure it doesnt fuck with the speaker

Edited by ohio45113

Well robotunderground emailed me back an said $25 to do it.

Well robotunderground emailed me back an said $25 to do it.

ok so I talked to upper management and qc and they said we were not allowed to do shit like that but we work a ton of weekends and they dont so I could easily sneak it in I think.. not sure what would happen if I got caught but if your in a tight spot I can try n help you out. no idea how much you would spend on shipping though.. unless your local to me?