Sign in to follow this  
Gravlin216

Breaking in Bl's

Should I be taking it easy on my 2 brand new Bl's until they break in a little or does that not matter? My old setup seems like it put out more spl and it was less power.These do sound good I just need to tweak the settings more then before.I was running 2 RF T0 12's with 1000bdcp,Now I have the 2 fully loaded BL 12's dual 2 wired to 2 ohms at the 1500bdcp. If I bump the BL's like I was bumping my old subs is it going to hurt them since there stiff as shit? I don't wanna screw myself out of some new subs I just spent $800 on.

wont break in if you dont play them. 

ajmGGyb.jpg

wont break in if you dont play them. 

Ya thats what I keep hearing,thanks man.

Play away on those, more play time you get the looser they become!

Also if you are running both subs on only the one 1500bdcp at 2ohms, you are only feeding these 1500w RMS beasts...750w RMS maximum a piece.  That is the main difference right there.  One of them on their own could chew on 1500w all day!

Edited by THX_Elite

Power isn't a large problem here. Difference between 1500w and 3kw is only 3db before factoring in power compression, which I'm sure would be at least 1db of power compression but likely more than that. There MAY be a small audible difference due to power but not enough to call it a problem. Hell the difference between 1500w and 3kw could end up being inaudible depending on the power compression.

What enclosure are they in? That's about the biggest problem I have seen when people are lacking output

Sign in to follow this