ohio45113

First ssa order!

status changed... awaiting shipment.. they should send pics of the build process as it progresses

ok so I get home a few minutes ago from work and there is a big ass box sitting on my porch.. im thinkin holy shit my zcon has gotten here I record time! got it in the house opened it up.. fuckin 8 pairs of fuckin shoes.. fuckin shit

ok so I get home a few minutes ago from work and there is a big ass box sitting on my porch.. im thinkin holy shit my zcon has gotten here I record time! got it in the house opened it up.. fuckin 8 pairs of fuckin shoes.. fuckin shit

LOL

LOL

my girl said.. you ordered a $500 sub so I ordered $500 worth of shoes... I dont see the logic behind it personally lol

LMFAO...icon_roflmao.gif

I got my Fi BL before I ever got my shipping info, lol...so it truly was a big surprise!!  got it in under a month by nearly a week!

I got my Fi BL before I ever got my shipping info, lol...so it truly was a big surprise!! got it in under a month by nearly a week!

hows that BL treating ya?

OH MAN I love it sooooo much!!!  The SQ is phenomenal as well as the extreme lows, my whole car flexes now and makes new noises i've never heard before lol.

OH MAN I love it sooooo much!!! The SQ is phenomenal as well as the extreme lows, my whole car flexes now and makes new noises i've never heard before lol.

post some vids man.. how much power u runnin?

1600watts rms to the sub the mids are hooked up to a 1k by 4 amp...I will take vids but I am breaking this thing in so when I do it is showing it's full potential!

im not familiar with BL'S .. hit me with some specs.. and if your looking to upgrade any amps I know a few people with some for sale

BL12

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2   Fs: 35.2 Hz | 39.8 Hz Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil Qms: 4.68 | 4.72 Qes: .25 | .25 Qts: .24 | .24 Mms: 212g | 212g Cms: 0.96mm/N | 0.96mm/N Sd: 480cm^2 | 480cm^2 Vas: 31.2 l | 31.2 l Spl: 89.1dB 1W/1m | 89.1dB 1W/1m Bl: 16.6 N/A | 22.7 N/A Xmax: 18mm | 18mm Rms: 1500W * | 1500W * Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft Ported box: 1.5-2.5cuft | 1.5-2.5cuft Sub OD: 12.500” | 12.500” Cut ID: 11.125” | 11.125” Mounting depth: 6.750” | 6.750” Displacement: 0.18cuft | 0.18cuft

no need for amp upgrade at this time : )  I have my box at 2.5^3 and 32hz also LOVE IT!!

Edited by THX_Elite

BL12

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2 Fs: 35.2 Hz | 39.8 Hz Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil Qms: 4.68 | 4.72 Qes: .25 | .25 Qts: .24 | .24 Mms: 212g | 212g Cms: 0.96mm/N | 0.96mm/N Sd: 480cm^2 | 480cm^2 Vas: 31.2 l | 31.2 l Spl: 89.1dB 1W/1m | 89.1dB 1W/1m Bl: 16.6 N/A | 22.7 N/A Xmax: 18mm | 18mm Rms: 1500W * | 1500W * Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft Ported box: 1.5-2.5cuft | 1.5-2.5cuft Sub OD: 12.500” | 12.500” Cut ID: 11.125” | 11.125” Mounting depth: 6.750” | 6.750” Displacement: 0.18cuft | 0.18cuft

no need for amp upgrade at this time : ) I have my box at 2.5^3 and 32hz also LOVE IT!!

nice man.. so how did u decide on a bl? I had a btl n3 and a team fi 15 and no offense but ill never EVER own another fi product.. and if I dont like this zcon.. which I dont see how I couldnt. but I think imma roll with ol dss.. everything ive seen from Q seems to be legit.

no offense taken...I simply decided to order one from them : ) they are close to me, I know they do good work and wanted to try them out!  A return question from me would be:

Why would you never ever own another Fi sub?

Edited by THX_Elite

no offense taken...I simply decided to order one from them : ) they are close to me, I know they do good work and wanted to try them out! A return question from me would be:

ok first off tbe price doesnt match the quality.. the n3 slammed on burps but nothing else.. but thats what it was designed for so no complaints from it really... the team fi... supposed to be some kind of god send.. not so much.. it was loud but sounded like shit while doing so.. reminded me so much of a orion hcca I bout puked.. im sure fi isna decent product but im just not buyin it

no offense taken...I simply decided to order one from them : ) they are close to me, I know they do good work and wanted to try them out! A return question from me would be:

ok first off tbe price doesnt match the quality.. the n3 slammed on burps but nothing else.. but thats what it was designed for so no complaints from it really... the team fi... supposed to be some kind of god send.. not so much.. it was loud but sounded like shit while doing so.. reminded me so much of a orion hcca I bout puked.. im sure fi isna decent product but im just not buyin it

So far the sound quality of my BL is amazing and I have no problems or issues with it's performance, it gets loud, it is accurate and tight both up high and way down low and moves a ton of air.  I am a happy owner so far for sure!

Edited by THX_Elite

I've only used the lower tier's of subs (X, SSD, Q) but none of them disappointed in the least.  It's hard to believe the Team sub would inherently sound bad.  I don't see any company that would want to remain in business do that on purpose.  It just makes me curious about the installation and setup.

BL12

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2 Fs: 35.2 Hz | 39.8 Hz Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil Qms: 4.68 | 4.72 Qes: .25 | .25 Qts: .24 | .24 Mms: 212g | 212g Cms: 0.96mm/N | 0.96mm/N Sd: 480cm^2 | 480cm^2 Vas: 31.2 l | 31.2 l Spl: 89.1dB 1W/1m | 89.1dB 1W/1m Bl: 16.6 N/A | 22.7 N/A Xmax: 18mm | 18mm Rms: 1500W * | 1500W * Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft Ported box: 1.5-2.5cuft | 1.5-2.5cuft Sub OD: 12.500” | 12.500” Cut ID: 11.125” | 11.125” Mounting depth: 6.750” | 6.750” Displacement: 0.18cuft | 0.18cuft

no need for amp upgrade at this time : ) I have my box at 2.5^3 and 32hz also LOVE IT!!

nice man.. so how did u decide on a bl? I had a btl n3 and a team fi 15 and no offense but ill never EVER own another fi product.. and if I dont like this zcon.. which I dont see how I couldnt. but I think imma roll with ol dss.. everything ive seen from Q seems to be legit.

Port it with a really well built box, and it will be just about impossible to dislike a Zcon.  SSA and SSA subs have been around a good while now for a reason.  Our strongest marketing is word of mouth as that is how most customers find us.

BL12

Port it with a really well built box, and it will be just about impossible to dislike a Zcon. SSA and SSA subs have been around a good while now for a reason. Our strongest marketing is word of mouth as that is how most customers find us.

exaxtly why I ordered one

BL12

Port it with a really well built box, and it will be just about impossible to dislike a Zcon. SSA and SSA subs have been around a good while now for a reason. Our strongest marketing is word of mouth as that is how most customers find us.

exaxtly why I ordered one

SSA FTMFWwink.png 

Alton. I had it running on a t2500 in the back seat of a f250 crew cab. the box was a little over 5 cubes tuned around 33 hz. The sub was nasty loud but for the price i expected alot more.. it didnt sound good either but that may have been because the sub was literally right behind your head like inches away. my buddy bought it from me and you dont live that far from us im sure we could set up a time and place to meet sometime so you can get a demo.. it does get really loud and low but casey had a 12 inch single zcon in this jacked up box and the zcon got just as loud and just as low sounding good while doing it and he had it on a ap3000 @ 4 ohms.. im not doggin fi. I'll just never own another one. ive heard some lower end ones that were pretty impressive for what they were but for a top end high dollar sub I guess I just expect too much.. thats just my opinion but everyone has a preference.

I'd love to check it out, but I'm a lot farther away than you realize.  I'm practically on the Indiana/Illinois border.

There's a good chance the sub being in such close proximity played a part in it.  But you're right, everyone has their own preferences and listening habits.  I stand by the thinking that if it sounds good to you then that's what counts.  So if it doesn't do what it takes to get it sounding good and that's what it sounds like you're doing to me.  Thanks for explaining it all though, it helps with understanding the thought process behind your decision and comments.

I'd love to check it out, but I'm a lot farther away than you realize. I'm practically on the Indiana/Illinois border.

There's a good chance the sub being in such close proximity played a part in it. But you're right, everyone has their own preferences and listening habits. I stand by the thinking that if it sounds good to you then that's what counts. So if it doesn't do what it takes to get it sounding good and that's what it sounds like you're doing to me. Thanks for explaining it all though, it helps with understanding the thought process behind your decision and comments.

I live on the ohio Indiana border but ur right it is pretty far. lol and I was pretty drunk last night and being somewhat of a retard but it is what it is. we go to indy pretty often. next time we do ill msg you and maybe setup a place to meet or something..he is also tryin to sell the sub and 2 t2500s and a couple other things. i got him talked into buying some zcons or some evils.

Awesome.  I'm definitely going to try real hard to make it to Slamology this year.  Hopefully if I can finally make it I'll see you guys there.

Awesome. I'm definitely going to try real hard to make it to Slamology this year. Hopefully if I can finally make it I'll see you guys there.

ive never been.. or to any comp at all.. I want to but I never have time as I work damn near everyday.. but I got 4 weeks vacation so I might end up using some so I can go to a couple but I wanna wait untill I get my caddy setup finished.