Sign in to follow this  
FocusOn20s

Fi Q 12 terminals

Why do you need 8 gauge wire? thats a bit big for a somewhat low powered sub. And what is your problem?

If they are the same as the BTL(I don't own a Q, but I do own a BTL), you can do it.

You don't need that though. NO gains from such large wire with that kind of power, not to mention how short the amp to sub wires generally are, provided you have them both in the trunk. 

Cosmetics only.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Why do you need 8 gauge wire? thats a bit big for a somewhat low powered sub. And what is your problem?

well I already have 8 gauge wire in the box from when I had 8 gauge direct connects on my other sub that I sold. So just wanted to reuse that wire instead of having to buy some 12 gauge wire when I could use that money on some food lmao

If they are the same as the BTL(I don't own a Q, but I do own a BTL), you can do it.

You don't need that though. NO gains from such large wire with that kind of power, not to mention how short the amp to sub wires generally are, provided you have them both in the trunk. 

Cosmetics only.

yeah. I know there's no gains but read ^^^^

Edited by FocusOn20s

well I already have 8 gauge wire in the box from when I had 8 gauge direct connects on my other sub that I sold. So just wanted to reuse that wire instead of having to buy some 12 gauge wire when I could use that money on some food lmao

Cosmetics only.

yeah. I know there's no gains but read ^^^^

But read, I managed to fit 8ga in mine; 

Worst case, trim it. 

Sign in to follow this