Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys, so i'm at a stump with my electrical in my car. I have two sundown SA-15's in my Honda CRV being powered by a hifonics HFI 1500d. I would love to upgrade my amplifier and get about 2500 watts to the subs but my voltage is too low for that type of power. I have been searching for a compatible high output alternator with the CRV for a while now, but have had no luck. Also the alternator is located under the engine so I would have to pay a shop to go in there and install it. All lots of money i don't have to spend. Are there any other ways i can give my electrical system a boost to maintain that 13.8+ to power a higher wattage amplifier? I have already done the big 3 fyi and have a kinetic hc 1800 in the front. thanks

Who all have you contacted about an alternator

you could always try gaining output through other means than more power. 

Edited by lithium

Haha no capacitor. What other means would you suggest?

enclosure, tuning, install, deadening, etc. 

The difference between 1500w and 2500w is 2.2db BEFORE power compression. Power compression is going to lower that number even further. Realistically for that difference in power level you are going to be talking about a 1-1.5db difference at best. In the lanes this matters. For normal listening this is extremely unimportant and likely not even audible. Seems silly to go through all of the expense and trouble of upgrading your alternator so you can run a larger amp that'll sound virtually identical to your system right now, doesn't it ?

As lithium pointed out, if increased output is your goal then you are far better off obtaining that through things like redesigning your enclosure. Increasing power is the least effective and efficient means to go about it.

where did this come from?