audiohz

sundown amps vs smd dd1

I've seen a lot on the net about how the smd dd1 can damage sundown amps... Why? How? An why is this only sundown amps. Is it all user error or what?

Do a search for a dd1 on the forum here. This has been covered MANY MANY times. The dd1 is a useless pos for any amp regardless of brand.

Do a search for a dd1 on the forum here. This has been covered MANY MANY times. The dd1 is a useless pos for any amp regardless of brand.

ok but still yet how could it damage the amp? Sundown in question.

who told you this?

who told you this?

lots of post online of repair work from db-r.com sayin the damage was from people who used the smd dd1 on the amp... Sundown

It's not just Sundown amps, it'll horsefuck anything you attach it to. 

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Why do people believe everything they hear. Yeah a device will only break one brand of amplifiers and not others, makes complete sense to me. :Doh:

Edited by jay-cee

It has nothing to do with our amps specifically.

so if the smd dd1 is used properly by the user manual it won't hurt a sundown amp correct?

This topic is like opening a can of whoop ass. Long story short music changes frequency the dd1 does not why set it at 1 frequency? At least that's my take on it. There are far more scientific reasons I'm sure.

so if the smd dd1 is used properly by the user manual it won't hurt a sundown amp correct?

It's clever advertising on a useless product. Get your money back, and set it by ear, or call someone who knows how.

DD-1 is not helpful to you.

To answer the op's question.....no the dd-1 didn't damage the amp.

For DB-r it was simply easier to blame the DD-1.

I over tighten a bolt on my engine do I blame the wrench?

All it is is people that don't know what there doing and don't have the proper electrical get a powerful amp and hook a dd1 up and that shows everything is ok to go then what do you think will happen

I'd take things Db-r says with a grain of salt. He might be able to fix an amp but he lacks the skill of logic in most instances.

That said there's no reason to use a DD1 to start with, so the point is moot.

It is impossible to use it possible as it is a complete POS and does NOTHING positive. If the manual says throw it in the garbage then I subscribe to what it says others it is full of shit.

To answer the op's question.....no the dd-1 didn't damage the amp.

For DB-r it was simply easier to blame the DD-1.

I over tighten a bolt on my engine do I blame the wrench?

ACtually it was the user. Really common among DD-1 users too.

Do I believe in the DD-1......not really.

It may be good for installers since most customers are clueless on what to listen for & or don't care to learn.  I don't agree with all of  his products but it's not my life's mission to bash everything he does.

Point is to blame the device for blown amps is just silly.

More than half the threads that pop up on forums of blown drivers end up being DD-1 installs. That being said the ONLY thing that can blow a driver is a user, but it surely shows what misinformation and being misled can do. Profiting from that is terrible.

Why do people believe everything they hear. Yeah a device will only break one brand of amplifiers and not others, makes complete sense to me. :Doh:

Bonjour lmao

The amount of emails I get from people who blew a sub and blame it on the sub because they think the DD-1 is gospel, is just silly.  The combination of lower quality amps strained on not the best electrical systems, with gains set to almost or at clipping at 1 or 2 frequencies, is just Doh.gif .

The masses (not everyone), from my experience, that are using the DD-1, are cheaping out on their electrical, but spending good money on their subs.  This means, their point of focus when something fails because of wrong gain setting, is the subwoofer.  So while others are making money off some blinking lights, it is causing me and others with speaker lines, nothing but constant headaches and more work, and in some cases pissed off or lost customers. angry.png

The amount of emails I get from people who blew a sub and blame it on the sub because they think the DD-1 is gospel, is just silly.  The combination of lower quality amps strained on not the best electrical systems, with gains set to almost or at clipping at 1 or 2 frequencies, is just Doh.gif .

The masses (not everyone), from my experience, that are using the DD-1, are cheaping out on their electrical, but spending good money on their subs.  This means, their point of focus when something fails because of wrong gain setting, is the subwoofer.  So while others are making money off some blinking lights, it is causing me and others with speaker lines, nothing but constant headaches and more work, and in some cases pissed off or lost customers. angry.png

REAL TALK bro