Fi 4 life

sold the horns, looking at arc audio black 6.2

Stopped at an audio shop in central MN and was very impressed with the Arc Audio Black series. Its a 2 way passive component set with a 6.5" mid, a 1" tweeter, and passive crossovers, I'm planning on running it active since i have an 80PRS. Anyway the guy was quoting me a price of $670 l(could hopefully talk him down a bit) Its cheaper than what I've seen the for new online.

I'm hoping to hear personal reviews of these being installed.

I have the 80PRS for a HU and a RF T8004 to power the component set. The mid will be installed in factory location and the tweeter will be installed in the door, right above the mid.

If anyone has questions or comments please them below.

Everything is heavily deadened in my truck already from previous installs from my dash to roof to floor to doors.

Why would you by a component set and run it active. They are charging for the crossover setup that comes with it. You could buy better equipment individually

Edited by swift

The Black series are nice drivers. However, they are rebadged SB Acoustics drivers. Arc claims they are different, but the Klippel measurements show them to be basically identical performance wise. The mids are the SB Acoustics SB17 drivers and go for $63 each on Madisound. I'd have to research again which SB tweeter it is Arc uses in the comp set, but the mark-up is similar. The point is you can get the drivers from Madisound for 1/4 of the price of the comp set. It wouldn't have the passive crossover, but IMO in this case the passive isn't worth the $500 price difference.

EDIT:

Oh shit, missed you were planning on running active. Fuck the Arc comp set. Buy the same damn drivers from Madisound for 1/4 of the price. Literally the same damn speakers.

Here is the mid Arc uses in the Black series: http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/sb-acoustics-woofers-6-7/sb-acoustics-sb17nrxc35-4-6.5-woofer/

Do some searching and you'll also find the tweeter on there.

Or depending on your goals you could chose other drivers. But do not purchase a comp set just to run the drivers active. Especially when the drivers are just rebadged versions of raw drivers.

What is your budget and what are your goals ?