brqqks

mid range ideas

I was wondering do any one know if the Crescendo PWX s come with grills and what are some other mid range speakers that are good that have them (i have kids)

What processing and mounting locations? Impossible to think about recommending a driver without knowing those.

Why PWXs in the first place, they are not your average speaker and not for everybody or every install.

Door stock area on a punch p400.4 and i wanted 4 great speakers that can get loud

PWX series should be loud enough.... Hope its the sound your looking for though

Do you know if they come with grills?

They do not come with grills

Do you know any other mid range that do seems like i might have to go with cadence flash

Door stock area on a punch p400.4 and i wanted 4 great speakers that can get loud

Oh gee, that helps. sad.png

Can you make a complete sentence with some details? You haven't even told us what size, what vehicle, what music you like, NOTHING. Please, rethink the thread you want to make, and try again for us to help you. 

Sorry im new to this. I have a 2004 saturn vue wanting to cut holes in the doors to fit 8 inch mid range but i really want something that has a grill to keep from being dented in. Music choice is majority rnb and some rap

Sorry im new to this. I have a 2004 saturn vue wanting to cut holes in the doors to fit 8 inch mid range but i really want something that has a grill to keep from being dented in. Music choice is majority rnb and some rap

Ah, much better, haha, didn't mean to sound like an ass.

First thing is to measure how much space you have back there. And be sure to measure on the safe side! We are looking for Width and Depth here.

And of course tell us where potentially the rest of the audio spectrum drivers can be mounted. The driver you are looking at will only play a small portion of what you hear, so we need more.

I will be cutting the holes in stock location. The front speaker depth is 3inch back speaker 3.25 dont know the width but i have plenty of clearance. Both locations are stock 6.5s. Open to any speaker choice with a grill and good sound for rnb. So far the only 1s i see that seem decent are cadence fx8m4 (looking for 4ohm load)

Any idea what tweets you want to run?

Boss tw30 for the tweets I've used them in all my cars and they last a long time,clear,powerful, and cheap lol

Run whatever mids you want, obviously you don't care how it will sound if you use those craptastic tweeters

Run whatever mids you want, obviously you don't care how it will sound if you use those craptastic tweeters

lol maybe they actually do sound pretty good? sometimes that cheap shit will surprise you.

lol maybe they actually do sound pretty good? sometimes that cheap shit will surprise you.

the pwx and the boss bullet tweeter do not advertise t/s parameters. without any way to gauge their performance objectively than we should assume they're trash. 

PWX 8's will not fit in 90 % of doors without major work. They are very deep and heavy as hell and you have to run active and also buy tweeters too.

I suggest getting 4 nice 6.5 coaxials. They will have grills also. With the limited info you gave that's what I would do.

You kinda sound like the Alpine Type R kinda guy. Just buy the component set for front and coaxials for rear. This will sound like heaven compared to what your looking at. And they are cheap. Lol

Anything will sound like heaven compared to that.

And get over the 4ohm nonsense on mids, won't help a thing.

I agree with Swift, but if you are dead set on pro audio. The Sundown Neo Pros come with grills, and also have a slightly smaller mounting depth (3.5in).

But they are 3x the price of the pwxs.

Edited by SacredTanakh

And not really pro audio...

And not really pro audio...

"Pro Audio Style" is how sundown describes them, so try not to nitpick so much.