Imanoob

Messed up BL ?

How long does warranty work take ? Not sure what happened but my sub looks to be screwed right from FI. Not sure what happened here.  I tried to call but mailbox is full and Email hasent been responded to yet.

No Apperant damage durring shipping, Box is in perfect shape

Edited by Imanoob

Screwed how? More information would be helpful

Screwed how? More information would be helpful

This and pics might get you some help.

interested to see the alleged problem here

Edited by THX_Elite

Its not alleged its ...reall

So sub on the left is the new one..Surround is disformed,cone is raised and there are 4 leads per coil, and they are tight ..never powered this, its how it came out of the box, coils read 1.4...

IMG_0672_zps0948e8f2.jpg

IMG_0673_zps28185767.jpg

IMG_0675_zps61bb329e.jpg

IMG_0676_zpse36f240a.jpg

IMG_0679_zps0bae9093.jpg

IMG_0680_zpse3dd21e1.jpg

Something is not right, maybe Nick can give you a little insight.

wow, I've never seen that before.

I would hope he can, that looks messed up...

Yeah i agree ..I just want to get a RMA as quick as i can....No Bass sucks right now..Think they can just ship me a new sub out ? i dont want to wait another month.

Seeing this makes me nervous cause I have a Fully loaded 12" BL ordered on the 4th of this month (14 business days ago)...havn't got it yet of course but REALLY don't want to bump into out of the box issues!

Edited by THX_Elite

FI dont do shit work man...This is super rare...You have 15 days atleast to go

Thanks for the reassurance for sure!  I'm a first time Fi customer who is already in love and havn't even had a product from them yet!...you didn't have to vote me down brotha, I meant nothing personal towards you or your comment!

Edited by THX_Elite

Yeah man you'll love it...Only thing you need is patients . so worth the wait..  Who is nick ? the dude at FI ?

Yeah man you'll love it...Only thing you need is patients . so worth the wait..  Who is nick ? the dude at FI ?

ya NDMustang65

Edited by THX_Elite

I would imagine they'll take care of this real quick.  You can tell from the pictures the coil is sitting in the right place and the spiders are flat and level, same as the good one on the right, however there's a lot more space between the cone and the spiders and the tinsel's are tight.  Almost like someone who had no idea or business putting it together came in and glued the cone onto the top of the coil and pulled the tinsels tight and attached them.  I can't imagine how this one made it through the quality control checks at all.  Very rare.

I just finished talking to Nick and he said to email sales@ficaraudio.com and he will get you a label out tomorrow.

As to what happend he is not quite sure, but it is possible the joint broke in shipping. Can you push on the cone and see if the glue join is broken?

Dual leads are now standard on bl's now.

Ok, ill send another email.. Thanks.

Glue Joint on what ?  Seriously though everything looks good as far as glue...Nother thing i noticed just now..Looks like someone glued the entire underside of the surround..

Good stuff on the 2 leads !

Ok, ill send another email.. Thanks.

Glue Joint on what ?  Seriously though everything looks good as far as glue...Nother thing i noticed just now..Looks like someone glued the entire underside of the surround..

Good stuff on the 2 leads !

Make sure you put in the email you talked to me Neal Munro so he knows.

Ok he just wanted me to ask. The spider glue joint is not in the proper location.

too late..lol i sent two already...Call him back up and look for my email...haha. Should i send another one ?

They will see all your e-mails

You should be fine.