bigger_louder

loud daily setup

Well today my little brother and my friend wants to help me with my new build, which is my third. Now I have a couple questions for you guys. I know every install is different. But is there anything other than sundown lol? I'm not bashing them but I want something different. I want to go the ground pounder route, I don't want a wall and trying to keep the subs under $1100 if possible. I have 11 cubes in the back seat area of my crew cab truck but I don't have to use it all. But the subs I can't seem to get out my head is the sundown x's. As far as power...5500 watts is the most I want to run

SSA

FI

Ascendant audio

DSS

Incriminator

Those are some of the best companies for subs IMO plus sundown.

I would do 15s or a pair of 12s if you don't wanna use all that space and make sure you have the electrical to back up 5500 rms. Alts, batts, runs of wires.

If you plan on going anywhere near 5500 watts you will need a H/O Alternator, which if you buy a quality alternator will use up a good portion of your budget.

What does "loud" mean to you?

Three X15's would be fun on a BC5500.

I vote 2 12 or 2 15 ssa zcons.. very impressive subs.. and they are "LOUD" AS FUK

What does "loud" mean to you?

^^^This exactly.  Give us some history on the setups you've had in the past.  For all we know "loud" to you is a pair of 12" Pyle Red Labels in a cheap prefab bandpass enclosure in which case we would know that you have no idea what "loud" is.  Or perhaps your last setup consisted of four Sundown SA-15's in a wall with 3500 watts on tap in which case you should definitely have an idea of what "loud" really is.  That and everyone has a personal preference as well.  While I enjoy listening and playing with big hair moving setups I find the two 12" Q's in my van to be more than adequately loud for me and we rarely have the remote level control above 1/3 of the way up.  Your preference may be more like the hair moving, vision skewing, teeth rattling, breath inhibiting type of loud or at least that may be your goal.

Clear definitions of what you want and what your trying to do would be most helpful.  As was mentioned by stephen if you REALLY want to go as high as 5500 watts $1100 will hardly even cover a new 5500 watt amp let alone all the electrical upgrades that are required to make it operate without shutdown and output issues from voltage drop at best, going up in smoke at worst.  Systems this large and powerful take a great deal of planning and support over just buying a bunch of equipment and throwing it in together.

He said $1100 for subs.

What is the total budget ? Because you will need some good money to run a 5500 w amplifier : several agm batteries, HO alt, lot of big wire,...

As said previously, tell us about your previous setups.

A 2000 watts amp with a good 15" or 18" sub is a loud setup for me, but not for everybody. :)  :)

He said $1100 for subs.

What is the total budget ? Because you will need some good money to run a 5500 w amplifier : several agm batteries, HO alt, lot of big wire,...

As said previously, tell us about your previous setups.

A 2000 watts amp with a good 15" or 18" sub is a loud setup for me, but not for everybody. smile.png  smile.png

this

my previous systems i've had four L7 15's two  sundown zv2's, and two sundown zv3 15's all was on rated power. $1500 for bass amp $1100 for subs as of now. im not in huge hurry to build because hopefully i will be traveling for a while. I still have time to save for the electrical

my previous systems i've had four L7 15's two  sundown zv2's, and two sundown zv3 15's all was on rated power. $1500 for bass amp $1100 for subs as of now. im not in huge hurry to build because hopefully i will be traveling for a while. I still have time to save for the electrical

which was loudest?

Why not 3 DSS Ethos 15's?

Why not 3 DSS Ethos 15's?

This sounds good to me. But may be too much area requirement, maybe just 2 15" ethos. Leaving room for amp and battery

The L7 setup was the loudest. I used to hear and read about 4th and 6th orders. Is they really that much better than regular vented enclosures? I know they are more efficient and move more air

More misinformation on the internet regarding bandpass than perhaps anything else. Car audio info in general blows too so thatvsays a lot. 99% of the time it was a stupid move on yhe builder/"designers" part

We gave you suggestions