cehmke

Need a custom box for a 2012 silverado extended cab

I have messaged Duran, no luck at all. Anyone else in the Salt Lake City, Utah area ?

Try kylar96 he's in Layton area I believe. I live in slc but I'm no good at design atm. Been learning some stuff from loudspeaker design cookbook and the interwebz tho.

Guess I've decided on DC Level 2 10's for subs ...

Most likely the amp will be a Sundown 1000D.

I can see what I can come up with to see what everyone thinks about it with a cutlist.

Edited by bulldogfreddy

I can see what I can come up with to see what everyone thinks about it with a cutlist.

I would appreciate it.

I was thinking about this, but 1.4 total is not big enough for what I'm wanting in a ported box. I've heard of people getting almost 2.5 cu. ft under the seat.

ROFL.  No way with your budget.  2cuft GROSS is tough without fiberglass AND will require a seat lift.

With your budget you don't have room for 2 10's ported.  2 10's sealed, 1 10 ported, 1 12 sealed is pretty much it.

Your measurements also won't help a builder since there is a big ass hump in the middle of your box and you are going to need to lift the seat.

There is a simple reason you don't yet have an answer and it is all due to the way you've asked.  Don't get upset at people who have answered no matter what they've said since you've given them nothing to go on.  There are other constraints on underseat boxes besides dimensions as well.  Have to worry about pole vent clearance, excursion clearance, and funny loading if you are firing towards a hard surface.

I've found some help ...  and I will get 2.5 cu. ft after port displacement with a 2" seat lift..  

Beware, that is still gross...

2" lift isn't trivial either. Make sure they are doing it safely, if not you are better off removing the seat. Anything more than about 7/8" requires extra fabrication.

I've found some help ...  and I will get 2.5 cu. ft after port displacement with a 2" seat lift..

Have you actually figured it out with all measurement and everything or is that what someone said they can do for you?

I'd expect that to be more than a $1000 situation

Have you actually figured it out with all measurement and everything or is that what someone said they can do for you?

Actually using a CAD program with some measurements from the truck. Program is crazy complicated, I couldn't run it. Think it's going to work out really well.

I've found some help ... and I will get 2.5 cu. ft after port displacement with a 2" seat lift..

Actually using a CAD program with some measurements from the truck. Program is crazy complicated, I couldn't run it. Think it's going to work out really well.

Is that 2.5 after sub. Port and enclosure thickness? Edited by frogcase2002

no. 2.5 before subs.  .75" MDF

Measurements are harder than making the CAD tongue.png Helps we own a 3D laser scanner...

Measurements are harder than making the CAD tongue.png Helps we own a 3D laser scanner...

3D laser scanner is a good idea .. all the gruntwork is done already. :)

$85k is a bit prohibitive. I know there are cheaper options, but I hvaen't looked for them.

Yeah I don't have the projects to justify that kinda money for one

Decided on Focal 165KR2 6.5" compononents ..  thinking about the Zapco ST-4x to power them. Any thoughts?

Have you listened to the Focal's? Love/hate relationship with most people on those. No one will really talk bad about Zapco.

I did listen to the Focals. It was a toss up between the Focals and Hybrid Audio. Was basically a coin flip. I just thought the Focal's looked cooler so I went with them. smile.png

Edited by cehmke

For the $ the Hybrid's sound like shit.

I didn't think so at all. I was disappointed with DD & ARC components, I really expected more from both. I still think MB Quarts are the best bang for the buck components out there..  to my ear anyways.

Opinions on 1200-1500 watt mono amps ? I've had good luck with Precision Power and Hifonics in the past ..