Sign in to follow this  
forsellb

Mayhem 12 recone/rebuild

Sorry to ask because I know it's all over the forum but I cannot figure out what I need or where to get it. My AA has broken tinsel leads on one voice coil and I have no clue how to fix it. I would assume to fix it the right way, I'd need to pull the cone out, but after that I'm not sure what parts I'd need to repair it.

Sorry to ask because I know it's all over the forum but I cannot figure out what I need or where to get it. My AA has broken tinsel leads on one voice coil and I have no clue how to fix it. I would assume to fix it the right way, I'd need to pull the cone out, but after that I'm not sure what parts I'd need to repair it.

Picture? I resoldered the lead on my evil back to the coil lead.

Picture? I resoldered the lead on my evil back to the coil lead.

I just put it back together, but it's about 1/4 away from the coil inside the spider. I may be using my terminology wrong, but that's the best description I can give.

hopefully you understand what's caused the lead to tear? over excursion.

check your setting, enclosure, and install. make sure the SSF is set correctly.

hopefully you understand what's caused the lead to tear? over excursion.

check your setting, enclosure, and install. make sure the SSF is set correctly.

Really? I wonder how I managed that. I haven't been pushing too much power, the box is actually 2cu ft tuned to 40hz, and all my setting are fine. How would that have happened?

Sign in to follow this