Miles

Enclosure Pricing

Well, I figured I would make a simple price guide to my enclosure. 

***I do NOT ship enclosures***

Sealed:

1 10: $50

1 12: $60

1 15: $75

1 18: $90

Ported:

1 10: $100

2 10s: $120

4+10s: $160

1 12: $120

2 12s: $140

4+12s: $180

1 15: $140

2 15s: 180

4+15s: $200

1 18: $160

2 18s: $240

4+18s: $350

Extras:

Flush mount: $20

Kerfed port: $40

Octaport: $40

Bedliner: $40

Paint: $40

Carpet: $50

All enclosures come with 5/16" bolt terminals.

I do not use silicone in any of my enclosures. Clean/straight cuts account for that.

Bracing is figured into the price. When I have room (and need) some big bracing, I'll make it count. (i.e. I could have used all thread in the 4 18 Evil box, but I wanted to do something different, and would brace better than all thread).

sure wish I lived closer...

I forgot to add I also do bandpass boxes. Of course that's all completely dependent on what subs you run and what your goal is as far as how big the box isto going to be.

Your work is beautiful but you don't ship enclosures? That sucks for maybe 95% of us here.

I might consider shipping, but with the way shipping companies have been lately, i would hate to build an enclosure just to have it destroyed in shipping. Even slight imperfections (smashed corner, peeling carpet from high humidity, scuffed bedliner) wouldnt make the customer 100% satisfied.

If you took pics of it before shipping, it would take the blame off of you. Not that most people would anyway.

Im going to investigate shipping. I know a good box builder in OKC that ships around the world, so I'll ask him for advice on shipping method.

Way better pricing and craftsmanship than the overwhelming majority of stereo shops around here.

you HAVE to ship lol

You would get a shit ton more business if you do ship.

^^^ I would get a quote right now....

yeah ship. ill order a box asap.. only if you dont tell frogcase2002

Have you figured out if you are willing to ship enclosures?

Yeah no offense but I don't see the point of offering enclosure services if your not gonna ship them, as most of the members here are not located in Oklahoma. Your enclosure are too nice to not have them floating across the nation.

I never once stated i was offering enclosure building services for people on this website. Im here to show case local builds, until i can find a RELIABLE way to ship enclosures. I was asked to give a break down of my enclsoure pricing, and so I did.

I do plan on figuring out a secure system of dhipping enclosures. Maybe this is the place I should ask...

If you, the consumer, were to buy an enclosure from me, would you pay an extra fee (im thinking $20-30) for me to build a 3/4"thick wooden shipping crate lined with 1" styrofoam insulation instead of just wrapping it up un cardboard?

Edited by Miles

Personally I would but I cant speak for others. Maybe you should leave that as a shipping option left up to the consumer and on certain enclosures (ranging from 5 cubic feet or bigger, just an example) make it a standard charge.

I just recently received an enclosure from California and it had those priority mail boxes (opened up) inside the shipping box as its protection, nothing major. Not saying that is the route you wanna go just an example.

I would pay the extra cash for extra protection. I would offer it as a option though.

I like to have close to 100% satisfaction with everything i build, so for me, it wouldnt matter what size the enclosure is, i would want a wooden crate. In the last 3 months, locals around here have had 4 DD9515's and 2 SSA Evils destroyed in shipping.

Its not a matter of if the shipper will drop the package, the question is how high are they going to drop ot from and how many times will they drop it..

:fing34: well it sounds like your off to a good start already. Added protection is always a plus.

Maybe if I put "Fragilé" on the outside they wont drop it... Might think its a leg lamp or something...

Maybe if I put "Fragilé" on the outside they wont drop it... Might think its a leg lamp or something...

hmm you must be french

Cover the enclosure with cardboard. Add cardboard corners. Then wrap in stretch wrap.

Never had a single damaged box.

You're lucky Quentin. That sounds like a crushed corner waiting to happen..