Sign in to follow this  
antoinez28

Should I buy the bc5500

Should I buy the bc5500 and run my hcca 15.2 at 0.5ohm or just keep my current bc2000 and buy and another bc2000 than run my hcca 15.2 at 1ohm

Buy another bc2k and run each at 1 ohm and have the final strapped impedance be 2 ohms.

It'll save money on electrical.

Buy another bc2k and run each at 1 ohm and have the final strapped impedance be 2 ohms.

It'll save money on electrical.

+1

This sub doesn't need so much power for daily listenings. With 2000 w it shines :)  :)

Amps don't like to play at 0.5 Ohm for long.

Should I buy the bc5500 and run my hcca 15.2 at 0.5ohm or just keep my current bc2000 and buy and another bc2000 than run my hcca 15.2 at 1ohm

sell the hcca buy a zcon or evil. run it on the bc2000 and sit n smile and think damn this is so much better than my hcca was..

I concur with Sencheezy 

Thanks for the reply everyone will have a build log soon or later on when I get everything in order but thanks

sell the hcca buy a zcon or evil. run it on the bc2000 and sit n smile and think damn this is so much better than my hcca was..

But why? If he is happy with his current subs, no need to spend more cash. Yes, the Zcon and Evil are both amazing subs, but they have their own audience and their own performance perks. If the HCCA's fit his goals, no need to change.

And OP, I've personally have always liked sticking to one, makes things simpler. But I also don't advise to run at .5 daily. You can, but definitely not necessary.

ive had a couple hcca subs. single 12 d2 on a aq2200. dont remember exact box specs. it was really loud but thats about all I can say. seemed like it had trouble keeping up with certain music but thats just my opinion. Then I had a 15.2 just a few weeks ago that I got in a trade with this bc3500 I have. I already had it sold before I did the trade and my buddy has it in a Cherokee and its no joke but idk them just seem to struggle. he has 2 audiopipe 1800s on it. lol but your right if he likes it then he likes it.. I would buy the 3500 and just sell the 2000. also the price for a hcca is crazy high, but has a killer resell value. people get excited when people mention hcca..mainly people who have never heard them in person

Trouble keeping up or whatever that means, is either user error or install error.

Trouble keeping up or whatever that means, is either user error or install error.

it means they sounded like shit on music. back there floppin around. I dont no how to explain it

User error or install error, plain and simple.

User error or install error, plain and simple.

yep

I 've been running my bc2000 @ .5 ohms for well over a year now with no issues,just make sure the amp the amp is spaced up from the mounting surface for air to get in the vents on the bottom.

Had my head up my ass when ordering subs got the d2 instead of d1's