• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By Smanleyman
      There are two things I have never had since I got "serious" into car audio. A 10" sub, or a decent dual sub setup. So this is my build for two 10" xcons! Im super excited, they should be finished building and arriving soon, I hope.
      I am fitting the maximum dimensions of my trunk while still being able to fold up the stock floor and access the spare tire. I was left with 3.11 internal cubic feet without sub, bracing, 45s, or port displacement. This is firing into the car, so I also needed the subs and port to be on the same face.
      The triangle port is unconventional but takes up less volume than a typical slot port inside the box and also has less port wall surface area, so I'm hoping it works out. That angle took some wizardry to figure out, and it still came out a little crooked but oh well. The "45s" are little pine cove trim pieces, figured this is the best I can do without sacrificing internal volume. I used minimal bracing but it should be enough, and undercoated everything with two cans, I honestly dont think it does anything but I like to do it on my boxes. it gives a solid completed look to the inside of the box and its extra leak insurance. 

Final volume and tuning should be 2.4 cubes at 31 hz with 25 sq in port area. The box is a little too small and the port is a little too small, but its all the space I have. 

Got some black base down and some custom copper orange pearl, trying my best to match the faceplate of my Crecendo BC3500. All thats left is to carpet it with black felt, wire the drivers in, and go to town!

• By Dexter Chaos
      bought these in may of 2014 going a new route.
      PRV-Audio 8MR500-NDY-4 8 inch. Single Midrange Speaker, Neo, 500 Watts

Details: The PRV Audio Pro Audio Loudspeaker, 8MR500-NDY-4 midrange woofer offers outstanding durability and a smooth midrange response through 8.5kHz. This woofer is perfect for home Hi-Fi installs, including bookshelf, satellite, surround sound speakers and even the home studio monitors. It is a great option for three way cabinets requiring additional midrange support. The high end neodymium magnet assembly was chosen to increase sensitivity and power handling. This neodymium is attached to a sturdy reinforced cast aluminum frame to ensure a solid support structure for long lasting play in most any environment. Its light weight of only 1.05 lbs helps keep your enclosures light and is a great use for use for car doors and installers looking for high SPL midrange and upper midrange responses

Specifications:
      Power handling: 250 watts RMS/500 watts peak
      Voice Coil Size: 1.5"
      Impedance: 4 ohms
      Frequency response: 100-8,500 Hz
      SPL: 98 dB 1W/1m
      Qms: 15.36
      Qes: .902
      Qts: .852
      Xmax: 2 mm
      Dimensions: Outside diameter: 8.1" (206.3mm), Cutout diameter: 7.3" (185.6mm), Depth: 3.1" (80.3mm) 2.33lbs  
      asking $125

• By Jefferson PRV Audio
      • Neodymium radial slug motors for extreme speaker control and sensitivity
      • Full copper pole-piece sleeve for low distortion and inductance
      • Durable cast aluminum frame

A bumped backplate, vented pole piece, vented magnet assembly, Kapton® former, and treated-cloth surround allow for high power handling, while protecting this driver from extreme transient power peaks.

Available now at SSA Store:

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-5mr450-ndy-5-inch-8-ohm-mid-bass.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-5mr450-ndy-4-5-inch-4-ohm-mid-bass.html
      http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-4-6-inch-4-ohm-mid-bass.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-6-inch-8-ohm-mid-bass.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-8mr600-ndy-8-inch-8-ohm-mid-bass.html

• By ObTechAudio
      Alright, there has been a lot of discussion and I want your opinion!

For an Integra, which is the best box for an all out SPL build? (and gets low)
      Wall behind the driver/passenger seats Sub up, port back Sub up, port front Sub back, port back Sub front, port front
  • Recent YouTube Posts