ohio45113

does anyone here mushroom hunt?

IMAG0063_zpsz11bxnmu.jpg

not the magical kind but morels

Just be careful. There's a look a like style mushroom that is very similar to morels that is the poisonous kind.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morchella

Just be careful. There's a look a like style mushroom that is very similar to morels that is the poisonous kind.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morchella

the link links you to the edible kind.

but I appreciate the concern.

the kind you are talking about are called false morels around here and if you find one you can easily tell the difference. .

get out and hunt some if you havent your missing out

Scroll down a bit it gives the description on false morels as well. Haven't come across any. But then I don't necessarily go looking.

I like magic ones ;)

Scroll down a bit it gives the description on false morels as well. Haven't come across any. But then I don't necessarily go looking.

yeah I seen that... they are actually hard to find. they blend in extremely well but when you find one it kind of pops out 3d like.. they are only out once a year for around a month. here in ohio usually around the 2nd week In april to the 2nd week in may

I like magic ones ;)

is that where you come up with the box designs?

and damn dude your in Michigan. its like the morel capital of the country. I drive up every year and just park along any highway and hit the woods.. around here you can sell them on craigslist for 30-40$ a pound. I made about 1500$ last year and still kept around 6 pounds

Edited by ohio45113

I'm a magic mushroom guy myself. Don't care for mushrooms in my food. Had plenty of wild nights shroomin. Kinda cool you pick them and make some side cash!

I like magic ones ;)

and damn dude your in Michigan. its like the morel capital of the country. I drive up every year and just park along any highway and hit the woods.. around here you can sell them on craigslist for 30-40$ a pound. I made about 1500$ last year and still kept around 6 pounds

No lol mine aren't complex or anything considering the work of people on here!!! I've never tried the mushrooms you talk about. What makes them worth so much? Are they that good?

I'm a magic mushroom guy myself. Don't care for mushrooms in my food. Had plenty of wild nights shroomin. Kinda cool you pick them and make some side cash!

I've only tried it once and it was a hell of an experience. It's amazing what it can do lol

I like magic ones ;)

No lol mine aren't complex or anything considering the work of people on here!!! I've never tried the mushrooms you talk about. What makes them worth so much? Are they that good?

I've only tried it once and it was a hell of an experience. It's amazing what it can do lol

magic ones are nice but these are just for taste..

they arent like a mushroom you eat on pizza or with steak or something. .. just dip them in egg and roll them In flour and cornmeal and deep fry them.. they dont taste lime anything else so I cant compare. and yes they are that good and what makes them valuable is the short season and how good they are.

Hmm maybe one day I'll try them. I don't like the mushrooms you eat on pizza and stuff and since these are different who knows I might like them lol

I'm the opposite.  Love button caps, baby and portabellas, and shittake.   Don't much care for morels.

I'm the opposite.  Love button caps, baby and portabellas, and shittake.   Don't much care for morels.

I love mushrooms cooked and raw, I haven't tried the morels though I would like to.

Psilocybin  Mushroom's are the bomb : )  Spent many many nights and days alike experiencing life in a whole new Wonderfully, Hilarious, Odd, and Surprisingly Colorful way!icon_roflmao.gif

...I even have a tattoo, just ONE tattoo in total, on my whole body, and it is dedicated to the times I experienced while shrooming!

(it is a crescent smile now moon smiling and a crescent cry later moon edited to look "crazed" lol with a custom hand drawn shroom with Psilocybin spores on it in the middle of the moons!)

...oh and I like regular mushrooms, fried, on pizza, sauteed, raw even and in salads covered in ranch is my favorite!

Edited by THX_Elite

i like majic ones :D

takes me back to my tiestio days

i like majic ones :D

you would like these kind as well

I love them!

We call them spring chickens around here an its about time to start hunting them

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2013/04/finding-cooking-morel-mushrooms

Edited by garychurch84

I love them!

We call them spring chickens around here an its about time to start hunting them

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2013/04/finding-cooking-morel-mushrooms

yeah your a little further south than I am so you will get some ealier. usually around april 8th-10th I start finding the small grays. dont find the big yellow ones till end of april around may

I thought about taking a hike around my house today just see what I come up with.

I thought about taking a hike around my house today just see what I come up with.

if you find more than you need poat them on craigslist... I been doing it the last 2 years and people jump all over them

I have some family members that hunt them, but me personally I like magic ones aka boomers the best lol

I have some family members that hunt them, but me personally I like magic ones aka boomers the best lol

arent u friends with casey? you the one I bought those xfls from?

I am friends with casey but I'm not the guy that had the xfls, I got 2 obsidian 12s on a IA 10.1