Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Alex Alex

need help with sub wiring

How do i properly wire my 4 ohm subs to 1 ohm? when I've done it in the past with my audiobahn flame q's my fosgate hx2's and my cvr 12's you would always get that electrical burning smell and subs would get really really hot in the center of the top please help me cuz i really dnt want the same problem with my new soundquebd hds3 12's i bought a 1200.1 d class Zeus amp so i won't be over powering them cuz subs r 1200 rms so i want to wire them at 1ohm so i get the 1200watts and b slamming :) greatly appreciate all the input if u can please help me I've watched the how to videos on YouTube but still got that funky smell please help

Won't allow me to click on the things on that site my subs r 4ohms and wanting 1 ohm load out of both

Try the woofer wiring wizard on rockford website.

Also, are you trying to get 1200w rms to each sub? I'm not sure, but after reading you post a couple times it almost seems that way.

Yea 1200 to each cuz ther rated at 1200rms each and amp is 1200rms at 1ohm

The amp maybe 1200 @ 1 ohm but it cannot give BOTH subs 1200 watts each.  In any given circuit the power is distributed through all loads in the circuit and when the resistance of those loads is the same the power in the circuit will be divided evenly by the number of loads.  1200w / 2 = 600w per driver.  No amount of wiring changes can negate this.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but each sub will only get 600w with what you have. The amp power will be divided between the two subs.

Edit, Alton got it.

Edited by hdrox88

Yes, by wiring them together and using the one channel.  It's basic electrical knowledge taught in classes world wide.  I could link you 100 sites that have information on that very subject.  1200 watts would be applied to the circuit as a whole (i.e. both subs) but each one would only see half of it.

The amp puts out 1200w x 1 channel. It doesn't care how many subs are attached, so long as the load(ohm) isn't too low. The more subs you have, the more the power gets divided between them.

Or just buy another 1200watt amp and run both them damg that sucks!!!

Do you have one or two amps? You want to wire each subwoofer to one ohm or both together to one ohm?

Technically speaking yes, and yes it does.  Build the enclosure I posted up and try them out on the one amp for now, you never know they may very well surprise you.  

Yes sir, but it may already be loud enough for you on the amp you mentioned.

They're dual 4 ohm subs, no way to get a single sub to a 1 ohm load on the amp.

Wow I'm slacking, I was responding to the 2400w amp post and like three more pulled in before me. Lol

K so wire them together at 1 ohm and use one channel or "bridge " the channels?

Yes, by wiring them together and using the one channel.  It's basic electrical knowledge taught in classes world wide.  I could link you 100 sites that have information on that very subject.  1200 watts would be applied to the circuit as a whole (i.e. both subs) but each one would only see half of it.

that being well said, here is the most popular and easy to decipher sub woofer diagram link:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2-DVC-4-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

Well thank yall very much any good recommendations on a 2000watt amp that won't fry my subs like I've read so much about that dd amp

K so wire them together at 1 ohm and use one channel or "bridge " the channels?

in your case you want the left speaker on the left positive and negative and the right speaker on the right positive and negative untill you get an amp with one set of terminals or actually most mono's are set up with 2+'s and 2-'s meaning they are internally bridged.

Edited by THX_Elite