Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Alex Alex

need help with sub wiring

Crescendo bc2000d bass clef would do nicely

K so just wire each sub individualy in parallel to make a 2ohm load for each sub or wire in parallel together to get 1ohm?

K so just wire each sub individualy in parallel to make a 2ohm load for each sub or wire in parallel together to get 1ohm?

yes sir both subs wired parallel to 2ohms hooked to one channel will get you 1ohm

What part of MO are you in?

Edited by garychurch84

Lake ozark area. i thought i had to wire subs into one another for a 1ohm load and if i did them individualy it'd b a 2ohm load

Two 4ohm DVC subs have to be wired TOGETHER in parallel and then to the amp in parallel to get a 1ohm load out of each sub.  Unless your bridging which you wouldn't be with that Hifonics amp, because it is bridged internally.

Edited by THX_Elite

Lake ozark area. i thought i had to wire subs into one another for a 1ohm load and if i did them individualy it'd b a 2ohm load

tornado around your way be safe

NW TN

I asked you earlier because I didn't know if you where in the boot hill or not was going to offer some help if close enough

Edited by garychurch84

K so i got rid of my 1200 watt amp last night. perty sure I'm gunna buy the hfi2000.1d i really like hifonics amps they are not very pricey and the do put out some power its either that amp or the zrx2400.1d what yall think?

I would get the Hifonics Brutus series if I were you..the BRX2000.1D is only $239 at sonicelectronix.

The Brutus series is what I have and it will never fail me!

Edited by THX_Elite

Awesome yea i just had one and sold it with my flame qq 12's think i will get it back what u recommend i set my settings at until i break in the sub? and is it safe to wire it at 1ohm right away?

Awesome yea i just had one and sold it with my flame qq 12's think i will get it back what u recommend i set my settings at until i break in the sub? and is it safe to wire it at 1ohm right away?

yeah its safe just run your amp half gain for a bit.. you will be fine

What do i set bass boost at on amp? and lowpass? i always crank lowpass all the way

And what's the 180 thing if u revered the sub mount so magnets outside box?

What do i set bass boost at on amp? and lowpass? i always crank lowpass all the way

a good practice is to not ever use the bass boost knob on the amp.  Yes it is safe to run 1ohm right away, and also is even safe to run full gain(meaning matching it to your H/U's output voltage!) if you pay mind to temperatures and smells, you dont want any frequencies above 120hz max running through your sub woofer so on these hifonics amps you want to run the low pass between 11-12 oclock positions.

Edited by THX_Elite

The gain is not a volume nob its there to match preamp voltage from the HU.imo 80-100hz is good on low pass

No bass boost HU or amp!

The gain is not a volume nob its there to match preamp voltage from the HU.imo 80-100hz is good on low pass

thank you for correcting/detailing what I meant by "full gain", I did not mean to run it all the way : ) but in fact just to the H/U's output voltage.  I would hate for someone to have misread that and clip their sub to death in minutes!!!

Edited by THX_Elite

K thank u so no bass boost at all keep it all the way dwn on amp and dnt use bass knob

Headunit/cd player

And no bass boost...is it ok to use boost a little to make it louder?

If you need louder get a biger amp or a better box,without a proper box the subs will not perform to their fullest

I'm gunna build that one Alton designed for me but with the hifonics amp it'll do just fine i just dnt understand y they have the bass boost then if u can't use it ya know

If your amp gain is set to match your H/U's output voltage then using any bass boost on the deck or on the amp is just adding distortion/clipping and stress to the system.