Kenny Alex Alex

hifonics amps

I had a bxi2010d amp before and loved it it was a beast then i sold it to get a 1200watt hifonics Zeus amp thinking that it was gunna push 1200watts to each of my soundquebd hds3 12's and i found out that wasn't true so now I'm looking into getting the hfi2000.1 or the zrx2400.1d do yall have any input on these amps? I'm looking at not spending more then $220 for an amp that's why I'm choosing these unless u know of other great amps on the cheap please let me know

I had a bxi2010d amp before and loved it it was a beast then i sold it to get a 1200watt hifonics Zeus amp thinking that it was gunna push 1200watts to each of my soundquebd hds3 12's and i found out that wasn't true so now I'm looking into getting the hfi2000.1 or the zrx2400.1d do yall have any input on these amps? I'm looking at not spending more then $220 for an amp that's why I'm choosing these unless u know of other great amps on the cheap please let me know

look around craigslist before you buy anything new. also you dont have to run max rms. you should of just ran the 1200 to them for awhile and broke them in and then got ya a bigger amp

A certain amp is not required to break in a subwoofer, playing it normally over time will help it loosen up the suspension. As far as thinking you need rated power to get your subs moving, that's incorrect as there is no such thing in underpowering a subwoofer.

Just save up and get the amp you want now, it will save you more in the long run. Instead of rushing to have a completed system, slow down and do it right the first time. If that is all you want to spend on an amp period the go quality over quantity. Try to find a good brand amp at your budget level instead of more power lesser quality, you may have to buy used.

A certain amp is not required to break in a subwoofer, playing it normally over time will help it loosen up the suspension. As far as thinking you need rated power to get your subs moving, that's incorrect as there is no such thing in underpowering a subwoofer.

Just save up and get the amp you want now, it will save you more in the long run. Instead of rushing to have a completed system, slow down and do it right the first time. If that is all you want to spend on an amp period the go quality over quantity. Try to find a good brand amp at your budget level instead of more power lesser quality, you may have to buy used.

nicely put.

Thank you.

I have a Hifonics BRX2000.1D

Absolutely love it. Have had it a little over a year and not a single issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-BRX2000-1D-Vehicle-Subwoofer-Amplifier/dp/B00BHSTVQS

Same here only mine is a BRX1600.1D and I also run a ZRX1000.4 for my cabin mids and tweets that I love.  Both are flawless amps.  The bad name that hifonics has gotten is unfair to say the least...although I will mention that since Maxxsonics took over...some things changed for the worse.  That being said these amps are perfectly capable of performing at rates of higher priced amps...they run cool, they are rated pretty truely, and they are tanks, that last for years and years(my brother has an old Titan from early 2000 that just wont stop, lol).

I will always stand behind Hifonics amps, but the rest of their line up, ie. speakers, be it subs or mids are no good after Maxxsonics took over.  Honestly their AMPS IMHO are a Tremendous Value!!! 

Just like the woofers you can find in this forum-

They are cheaply priced but at the same time they really put out when it comes to quality, performance and endurance.

A lot of people will hate on them just because of the price factor alone, but they don't realize that they just bought a BAD ASS, SSA or Fi, etc...Woofer, that was priced cheaply but will hold their own against nearly ANY other mainstream brand of woofer.  Not too mention that the customer service from Hifonics themselves is very good and they are almost always vigilant when it comes to their customers satisfaction

...I currently am looking into the Brutus Elite series as a possible upgrade.  The main stream woofers and amps have totally lost my attention since my current build listed in my sig.

I always check Craigslist and my local Facebook forsale boards before I buy new. I have a 2600w rms @1ohm x 1 Hifonics Brutis BXi2610D amp that retails for about $300 that I picked up off of Craigslist for $125..using it to push my Soundqubed HDC3.115 and it does a damn good job of it too. The sub and amp combo is killer... Now I just need a quality built box..

I saw a vid on you tube where A guy tested and compared the  soundqubed 2k and the Brutus 2400 and they looked like the same amp inside with different cases and heat sinks. So that should tell you something right there. He actually said he preferred the hifonics for the money and they clamped nearly the same. 

7 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I saw a vid on you tube where A guy tested and compared the  soundqubed 2k and the Brutus 2400 and they looked like the same amp inside with different cases and heat sinks. So that should tell you something right there. He actually said he preferred the hifonics for the money and they clamped nearly the same. 

Someones opinion On a cheap amp shouldnt tell you anything. 

Never had problems with the BRX line. Took plenty of abuse and kept on thumpin. I hear often that they do rated as well. 

Look the video up they are the same board not that it makes them the same exact amp but pretty close. You would be amazed at how many of these amps are the same with a different case. I was looking at 3 big amps the other day and they where identical it was the crescendo encore 4500 the audio legion 5k and I can't remember the other one but it's sold here on ssa to. 

That youtube video has been discussed on this forum before and is old just like this thread and all the others you post in. But carry on....

And quoting someone who said on the internet they clamped something is like following a moron who charges the line of fire.

It's a video on you tube, the guy is using a SMD amp dyno so it looks pretty credible. I know internally they look identical.  

It's important to know that the ZRX (Zues) line of amps are "Max Rated" not "RMS" rated which is very misleading...The BRX (Brutus) line however, IS "RMS" rated.  So your ZRX2400.1D will only be around 1200 RMS or LESS.  I just upgraded my ZRX1000.4 to a BRX1200.4 a couple weeks ago for this very reason.  I bought my 4ch ZRX a long time ago not realizing this fact, and wouldn't want to see anyone make the same mistake :) So having said this...if anyone wants to run 2400 RMS using Hifonics amps get the BRX2400.1D not the ZRX!!  I currently am running the BRX1600.D and am actually upgrading to this exact amp in the near future to give my 1500 watt Fi BL more head room.  CHEERS!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67936_Hifonics-Brutus-BRX2400.1D.html

Edit: didn't realize this was such an old thread brought back to life...still though, I believe this to be useful information for those who are looking to Hifonics to power their system.

Edited by THX_Elite

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

It's a video on you tube, the guy is using a SMD amp dyno so it looks pretty credible. I know internally they look identical.  

Smd dyno is useless.  Try again. .

9 hours ago, THX_Elite said:

It's important to know that the ZRX (Zues) line of amps are "Max Rated" not "RMS" rated which is very misleading...The BRX (Brutus) line however, IS "RMS" rated.  So your ZRX2400.1D will only be around 1200 RMS or LESS.  I just upgraded my ZRX1000.4 to a BRX1200.4 a couple weeks ago for this very reason.  I bought my 4ch ZRX a long time ago not realizing this fact, and wouldn't want to see anyone make the same mistake :) So having said this...if anyone wants to run 2400 RMS using Hifonics amps get the BRX2400.1D not the ZRX!!  I currently am running the BRX1600.D and am actually upgrading to this exact amp in the near future to give my 1500 watt Fi BL more head room.  CHEERS!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67936_Hifonics-Brutus-BRX2400.1D.html

Edit: didn't realize this was such an old thread brought back to life...still though, I believe this to be useful information for those who are looking to Hifonics to power their system.

You wont hear a difference between 800, put that money elsewhere.

Do you know something I don't cause everybody in the audio world acts like Steve Meade knows his shit are the dyno's not accurate. Wate don't you guys here at SSA sell his signed subs?

7 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Do you know something I don't cause everybody in the audio world acts like Steve Meade knows his shit are the dyno's not accurate. Wate don't you guys here at SSA sell his signed subs?

To me It just seems like he Is just about making money

And a year or 2 ago I was on his site and was questioning one of his products. Not even bashing at all and everything I said got deleted and I got kicked off the site and can not make a new account.  . Just seems kinda fishy to me that noone is even aloud to question any of his products or they get banned from the site forever

:worthless::popcorn:

12 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

He did not make that tool, his name was put on it for marketing purposes to sell a lot to people who didn't know better.  A couple of his other tools have caused more harm then good due the endless stream of new users that have blind faith in something like two blinking LED's for example.  We (Mark/Josh/me) have sold the SMD model in the past.  I am not thrilled about selling something that has someones signature on it for them to make profit off of, based off how they have treated people over the years, how I was banned from their forum for no reason at all, and how they have acted on this forum when honest questions were asked about the products with that logo on it.

Yea I noticed he was kind of a dick to  people commenting on his stuff. Good to know it wasn't just me thinking that.