Sign in to follow this  
J2phat4u

SP4 Quad Box question

Guys I want to add a 4th SP4 to my current setup and was wondering if I have enough space in the cargo area of my SUV to do it. I have the following demensions...46W x 44D x 25H.....And how much port area to get them really going with about 16k of power?

If you're asking some super basic questions then you probably shouldn't

wow, you cant calculate those dimensions yourself and see if you have enough room. Let alone plug them into a box enclosure calculator.

Edited by jay-cee

Well lets see if you look at what I am already running maybe I should.....BTW when you get on my level gear wise come see me!!

I was asking a basic question if you don't have an answer or want to answer don't.....I don't like being a prick...

Well lets see if you look at what I am already running maybe I should.....BTW when you get on my level gear wise come see me!!

lmao really? When you get as much respect as Julian, then talk about "seeing" someone. Respect is earned not by the equipment, fyi

I agree. People could have been more helpful here..

I don't think you buy a Nissan GTR and ask the dealer how do you put it in 2nd? 

All Julian was insinuating is that maybe he should have done a little bit more research before making such a big purchase. And having such an "large" equipment list.

I think all is missing the point here. So lets try again. I already have a huge sound setup in my suv. I am looking at adding a 4th SP4 15 to my setup and was wondering with the space I have could I add it and about what port area would I need. I asked because this is a FI forum and could get the answer from the FI guys themselves or anywhere but asked here because I was assuming that guys run big systems and maybe someone could give me an idea on how to make mine better. I am not a noob and it takes respect to get respect so when my intelligence is questioned you get my response. Like I said if they didn't know or don't want to answer then don't but don't attempt to insult or make someone seem stupid. I am not an expert and I truly don't believe anyone here is that's why we share info with each to learn more. But I will take my question elsewhere as it seems to be a basic problem.

so you're @ 13 cubes with 3 woofers?  What are you wired to now?

I am wired at 1.4 ohms now and adding another dual 2 ohm will put me at 1 ohms where I really want to be. Yes I am at 13 cubes and was thinking maybe 16 cubes net?

16 should be good. A little bigger wouldn't hurt. I would shoot for 4-4.3 cu each. I would say about 14-18 sq inches of port per cu foot.

Ok cool. Thanks man for the feedback. I will do some measurements now to see if I have to lose my 2 rear seats for the fit. If I do I may go 4th order which would be more efficient and badass.

No problem. Sounds like you're ready to get crazy. Thumbs up!

Yeah I want it to go to another level because when I go to some shows there are guys there with huge systems giving demos all day. I like giving demos and not big on numbers meter wise. Just street ground pound. That's why I like FI and like hooking up with others that like bass race and ground pound. Before this install I was running Sundown X 12's tuned at 29hz. It played low....lol

The term lab is the worst thing that ever happened to car audio

Lol....Yeah but a lot of guys like to know where they are at numbers wise so I respect that....I am low notes kind of guy....

Well yeah I do too....That's why I am running all those Beymas in my doors. They are loud as hell. I am in the middle of a tuning nightmare as well because I am running that Rockford 3sixty.3 off my factory head unit but only like playing music via blutooth or aux because the factory Bose head unit sounds like poop to me.

I agree. People could have been more helpful here..

I don't think you buy a Nissan GTR and ask the dealer how do you put it in 2nd?

All Julian was insinuating is that maybe he should have done a little bit more research before making such a big purchase. And having such an "large" equipment list.

That was my point exactly, if you need to ask some serious basic questions without doing at least the bare minimum of research you probably shouldn't be doing it. We aren't here to spoon feed you information.

And to say to come back when I've ran as big of equipment at that is laughable. I've been in this hobby for nearly 9 years with multiple large setups.. 8 xcon 10s on 15k, 12 12s on 20 k.. etc

If you can't do some basic calculations or even plug them into a calculator you shouldn't be delving this deep into a hobby where a miss calculation can ruin thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

So yeah. Lul

I agree with Julian 100%. These are VERY basic questions that you should know by now. Not to sure how you have built your system without knowing how to see how much space you have with 3 dimensions. You definitely should know how to do this.

I would suggest downloading the Torres box calc and also using Stephan's port area calc. It'll allow you to be able to somewhat design a box and and figure out your answers pretty quick. That way you don't have to ask questions and wait for a reply.

Lol that was a bad come back :P you obviously don't know Julian's past setups. Also not trying to start anything between me and you but just trying to let you see our side and too help.

There is no reason to explain why we gave him the answers we did, I don't mind helping at all but I don't help people who don't even try to help themselves. But to say here are my dimensions can I fit another SP4 to the three I have now. You mean to tell me you want to spend this amount of money and you don't want to be sure yourself. Nobody said you had to design and build your own box, but at least figure out how much gross volume you have on your own to start with by using simple mathematics.

alot of people on here do come off the wrong way. im sure its just from years of the same questions and dumb shit. you get better results if you just google shit and research it. if you run into issues after that there are a few people on here that you can pm and get better/nicer answers. from what i've seen if your not already a pro at this then its best to not make a thread.

alot of people on here do come off the wrong way. im sure its just from years of the same questions and dumb shit. you get better results if you just google shit and research it. if you run into issues after that there are a few people on here that you can pm and get better/nicer answers. from what i've seen if your not already a pro at this then its best to not make a thread.

It has nothing to do with being a pro at all, it has to do with following the forum rules when making a thread needing assistance which nobody cares to enact. Its simple really, give us all the information we need to know to get answers you need. Not one line sentences where it shows you want us to do all the work for you. Do research and go as far as you can, then if help is needed then we are here. People make it harder then it is because they are lazy and just want an answer, that's it (regardless if it is right or wrong). Everybody on this board is here to help, no question about it. If your having trouble finding help maybe you should reevaluate your position or how your going about getting help.

Guys I am no numbers expert but I just got metered on music Sunday. With the 8k amp and 3 SP4 15's it did a 152.1 at 34hz. My sealed peak on music is 39hz. I also came up with a design for adding the 4th SP4. Since I will be doubling the power I decided to shrink the box for all 4 subs down to 14.5 cubes net tuned at 30hz with 268.75 inches of port. I understand adding the second 8k will not yield me a lot of db increase but it should do a little better on music.

Sign in to follow this