DJD

Order #3920

First time Fi buyer! Just finished building and installing my new box for my SSD. Everything is ready to go except..... no subwoofer. 

I was told by Nick within the past two weeks that it would ship around last friday. Status on the website has said "awaiting fulfillment" for the past 16 business days.

Just really anxious to get this thing. People say they are definitely worth the wait, but I have never heard one before, and don't want to finally get this thing and be "not so impressed"

2.3 (net) cubes tuned about 35hz with roughly 35 sq.in of port. will be running on a p1000.1bd. My hopes are high and don't want them to be crushed after this long wait.

Any idea of when I can expect this beauty to arrive at my door?

thank you all

Nope, just keep being patient man. That is about it, should be soon though.

Remeber it takes time to break those beats in but trust me totally worth the wait ive had fi for 6 years now and I have yet had to recone any of them and all my friends run them as well.

If I know Fi at all you are going to be completely surprised and blown away by their quality drivers...Mine showed up before my tracking info ever did ;)

thanks for the input guys. Got in touch with Nick. Sub will be at my door on wednesday adhd.gif .

I've heard nothing but great things about Fi's quality subs. I will take everyone's word for it and really hope i am "Blown Away" by this sub.

I even spoke to a local car audio shop that mainly deals with JL audio, and the owner says he has personally dealt with Fi, Sundown, etc. says

the stuff he sells doesnt even compare to what Fi and other custom subwoofer companies have to offer (and he sells w7's, which by the way I wasn't really impressed with anyway) I've heard a rockford T2 12" that just absolutely dominated the w7. 

I wonder how the T2's compare to the Fi ssd? anyhow

really really really anxious haha. I can't wait!

thanks everyone!

Once you get the SSD installed let us know what you think of it :)

Edited by Stephen93s10

Will do, should be good to go by the end of the week.

If you didn't enjoy the W7, something was SERIOUSLY wrong with the install.  It's an amazing driver.    Fi's stuff is great as well.  We should be happy they can still keep cranking out drivers for us little guys.  You'd be amazed if you knew how much OEM work they do.

The W7 did seem like it was in somewhat of a small box. Didn't really bother to ask about box volume or port tuning. port area seemed to be a bit on the smaller side maybe a 2"x12" slot port? Even so I can't really seem to justify paying $700 for it. might as well get two sp4's or a TEAM haha.

W7's are good but after getting my Fi BL I will never look back away from Fi or SSA...It is one bad ass driver to say the least!  ESPECIALLY considering price point! 

Did you get your sub delivered yet? I am waiting on an order still and want to compare dates of purchase

That won't help you any unless it's the same product from the same batch.

Sub was delivered at 9:45 this morning, exactly 1 month from the day I ordered. (I ordered around midnight on march 15)

I'm at work right now, So I'll get around to installing it around 8 tonight.

Oh man, I can't freakin wait to get this thing going.

updates to come.

:fing34:

Sub was delivered at 9:45 this morning, exactly 1 month from the day I ordered. (I ordered around midnight on march 15)

updates to come.

Dang, im still waiting on my order from March 14th. Tracking still shows no progress

updates to come.

awesome

updates to come.

awesome

That's great!  You will love it, and it only gets better after a few weeks of play!!!

Well guys had it installed last night and I have a say.....WOW! this thing gets LOW!  I am very impressed with this driver. Didn't quite hit the higher bass notes like I expected (50 and up)

but I guess that might have something to do with my cabin gain (car peaks around 38hz) and also might need to break in a little more. other than that I am completely blown away by this sub just as I had hoped. Thank you all for the input and reassuring words. If anybody else is thinking of purchasing this driver just stop thinking and buy the damn thing haha. 

I would like to get some more opinions about how to deal with the lack of output/impact from the higher bass range (50 and up). Should I just let it break in some more and see if it picks up?

Your box is pretty much tuned really nice especially to get the 40-55hz nicely, it does take some time for the sub to break in and then the higher notes will become more and more promenent I assure you : )

Make sure your crossover on the amp is at or around 100hz :)

ENJOY!

Cool that's what I was hoping after break in period. Im using an active 3rd order crossover set at about 115hz, seems to be the sweet spot for this setup. Is there a such thing as using too steep of a crossover slope for a low pass? amps use a 2nd order slope do you recommend using one over another? Again I really appreciate the input THX you've been pretty cool with me.

Cool that's what I was hoping after break in period. Im using an active 3rd order crossover set at about 115hz, seems to be the sweet spot for this setup. Is there a such thing as using too steep of a crossover slope for a low pass? amps use a 2nd order slope do you recommend using one over another? Again I really appreciate the input THX you've been pretty cool with me.

take some pics! want to see that beaut

When it comes to crossover slopes it truly and really is up to the listeners preference.  If you have and are using a 3rd order crossover and are happy with it...I would not change a thing as for how steep the slope is (if your happy with it)...again it's all in how much roll off you want at your desired frequency, it is purely (per-listener preference) IMO smile.png The water can get pretty murky in a discussion of 2nd and 3rd or even 4th order active and passive crossovers! Just decide if you are getting the acceptable frequency cutoff rates, which in just a sub application should be really easy.  The steeper the slope the less power is being applied to the neighboring frequencies which has a chance of sounding a bit unnatural.

Edited by THX_Elite

I think I'll stick with the 3rd order, seems to work fine for me.thanks for the input. I'm in the process of designing passive crossovers for my tweets going into my a-pillars. tweets will only be receiving roughly 20 watts a piece so I think i should be safe with a 1st order crossed at 4k. 

and yes pics will be coming very soon. also have some pics of the box build process i want to show you guys. Im sure some will pick at my design, but thats ok I'm willing to take the heat haha.

thanks guys.

pics would be sweet, and we are glad you like your Sub!!

Edited by THX_Elite