Chickenwings

Deaden whole car?

Hey all, i just bought a shop pack of damplifier pro 80ft, hoping it will be well worth it since it cost me around 540$ for the pack (shipping/us-cad). I just wanted to know if i should deaden the whole car which would require prob another 80ft and im also thinking of ordering a pack of mlv/ccf. I will be running around 1200rms, and the car is a lexus so it is pretty quiet from start. What do u guys think? Im thinkin if i need another 80ft will jus go with regular damplifer instead of the pro to save some $. Also, getting it installed is another huge cost. Theres this shop that i know do an amazing job 100% of the time but they are charging around 1000$. Another shop which is on the cheaper side is asking 500$.

80 cft of CLD? Good lord. Did no one point you towards SDS? $423 before shipping is enough CLD, ccf, mlv, thinsulate, and ebr to do my whole sedan.

Hey all, i just bought a shop pack of damplifier pro 80ft, hoping it will be well worth it since it cost me around 540$ for the pack (shipping/us-cad). I just wanted to know if i should deaden the whole car which would require prob another 80ft and im also thinking of ordering a pack of mlv/ccf. I will be running around 1200rms, and the car is a lexus so it is pretty quiet from start. What do u guys think? Im thinkin if i need another 80ft will jus go with regular damplifer instead of the pro to save some $. Also, getting it installed is another huge cost. Theres this shop that i know do an amazing job 100% of the time but they are charging around 1000$. Another shop which is on the cheaper side is asking 500$.

um, may I say you're going the wrong route for this?

Actually, I may have gotten ahead of myself here. Let me ask you first. Why? lmao. Like, what is your goal for this? 1200 watts doesn't seem worth the thousands you're trying to spend on deadener. Also, why did you buy so freaking much first, and then ask second? Are there future plans for a big install or something? 2k$ in tiles doesn't justify 1200 watts for me.

Well i want the car to be rattle free and thats y i thought on deadening the whole car. Ivebeen reading on alot of forums and some people say they deaden their whole car while oters say 25% coverage is enough. Now to think of it, after reading on SDS i might just use the 80ft that i hav on the trunks/doors.. Cant return it so gotta put it to use and i might just cover my floor with MLV to reduce tire sound/road noise. And yes atm im only running 1200rms but in near future after i get my alt, i will upgrade to 3k rms.

Just deaden the large open flat areas of the sheet metal first. You won't get much rattle around the contours or bends of the sheet metal. You finish the large areas first then place where you want. This is going to be an all day thing as well if you plan to do your whole car so remember that you want to plan ahead.

read sounddeadenershowdown.com and come back to us if you have any question. 

use the damp pro as Don describes and whatever is left you should sell to someone else and spend that money on mlv, ccf, ect 

You need to come here before making any purchases! Lol you keep buying bad quality or buying unnecessary things!

You need to come here before making any purchases! Lol you keep buying bad quality or buying unnecessary things!

damp pro is pretty good. shouldn't have an issue selling what he doesn't use. 

Bad quality part was for the shit ton he spent on skar. Unnecessary things is this because he bought too much.

Bad quality part was for the shit ton he spent on skar. Unnecessary things is this because he bought too much.

oh right, carry on haha

Edited by lithium

oh right, carry on haha

Lol figured you would agree now!

Damn. Way to dive in and start wasting money!

Well actually i traded in my old system for this one so the difference ended up being not too much but idk y people r hating on skar so much.. Just bc the owner is a douche doesnt make the product also

Well actually i traded in my old system for this one so the difference ended up being not too much but idk y people r hating on skar so much.. Just bc the owner is a douche doesnt make the product also

dozens of chinese products on the market, owner and CS is all that matters now days. 

I thought you were done here since SSA was so bad

Hmm I'm a fan of overkill so I'm not going to say using CLD on the entire car is a waste of money. I do think you should use CCF and MLV though in addition.

Overkill on the mlv not the cld

Where do yo guys think i should put the mlv/ccf for maximum result to reduce road noise/air bourne noise? I was thinking of putting a layer of damp pro on the wheels wells? Any specific spots for better results? Thanks

i would read sounddeadenshowdown.com and learn how the products work yourself. 

Where do yo guys think i should put the mlv/ccf for maximum result to reduce road noise/air bourne noise? I was thinking of putting a layer of damp pro on the wheels wells? Any specific spots for better results? Thanks

unlike the CLD, For the MLV you want 100% coverage. So basically line your entire floor, and anywhere else you can.