audiohz

setting gain with dmm car on or off?

What I do won't make you happy, best hint though is to use something you know well. Tuning you can surely argue new well recorded music can help, but gains are easy and instant while tuning, not so much...

Regardless, I'm still all ears. What would make me really happy is tune the amps to just below known distortion and control levels with a remote knob for staging
Why bother. Then you'll change music and have to do it again. Remote knobs suck for staging, not at all the purpose. Matching should be your goal. How you "match" is for you to decide as it is your ears, not mine.

Add to that setting your gains to some Dave Holland or Charles Mingus isn't going to make you happy.

lol!! ///M5 Rules

What I do won't make you happy, best hint though is to use something you know well. Tuning you can surely argue new well recorded music can help, but gains are easy and instant while tuning, not so much...

Regardless, I'm still all ears. What would make me really happy is tune the amps to just below known distortion and control levels with a remote knob for staging

Why bother. Then you'll change music and have to do it again. Remote knobs suck for staging, not at all the purpose. Matching should be your goal. How you "match" is for you to decide as it is your ears, not mine.

Add to that setting your gains to some Dave Holland or Charles Mingus isn't going to make you happy.

I was just going to use some Gregorian chants and bluegrass, but thanks for ruining that for me.

Find something dynamic and unclipped...got it.

mongolian throat singing FTW

mongolian throat singing FTW

Didjeridoo?

huun huur tu

huun huur tu

I swear to God, I thought they were covering Black Sabbath.

I was just going to use some Gregorian chants and bluegrass, but thanks for ruining that for me.

Find something dynamic and unclipped...got it.

Doesn't even have to be dynamic per se. Much more important to have frequency content that is well within the ranges and transition points of the drivers that you are tuning together.