Sign in to follow this  
skydog

I want a 1 ohm load....

I just got a Sundown 3500 and two 15"xcons. When ordering I said I wanted the subs to be 2 ohm then I run both to the one amp and that would be a 1 ohm load. But ssa said no I want two 1ohm help please.. Do I have the right subs being built??

Thank u guys

Edited by skydog

I just got a Sundown 3500 and two 15"xcons. When ordering I said I wanted the subs to be 2 ohm then I run both to the one amp and that would be a 1 ohm load. But ssa said no I want two (D1/D2 1ohm) help please... what is D1/D2 mean? Do I have the right subs being built??

Thank u guys

Two dual two speakers can only get you these configurations, .5 ohm, 2 ohm, and 8 ohms. Two dual one speakers would net you a one ohm and a 4 ohm load.

So for a one ohm load with two speakers you will need two dual ohm speakers with the Voice coils wired in series, and speakers wired in parallel.

Yep, two dual 1 ohm subs are what you need.

Reference picture below.

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

You guys rock!! Got it thank you!!

Putting stuff in a boat. Had two 12" jl w3 at 500watts I hope this is a big upgrade! :-)

Avoid shitty pre fab boxes...have someone make you one to the Xcons specs.

Wish I had a sweet boat to put subwoofers in.

napoleon-dynamite_zps05dd2abd.jpg

Edited by crackinhedz

Yea I bought two boxes here from ssa the hand made ones. They look good.

Ty yea will have pics up here when done. Its a 27' Daytona with 1200hp runs 130++mph :-)

Thanks man!! :-) :-) ps how u post pics here?

i use photobucket

Thanks there is a few pics of boat. I want to up grade my mids and highs next. I have eight 6.5 Polks they are not separates. They are on a ok amp seeing 80 watts rms. What is a super loud clear 6.5 speaker and what is a super clean amp to push them with?

Ty so much

Edited by skydog

Sweet boat. Boats are a lot different. Install will be important. Maybe someone who has played with boat stereos can chime in.

damn nice boat!  BIG, LOUD, and FAST....PERFECT : )

Thank you so much guys! Anyone on mids and highs? Need to run a very strong four channel amp pushing eight 6.5" Would like to not use separates because of cutting more holes and I have two 6.5 in there own little pods no room to mount tweeters. But if they are way better I will figure a way to use them. So the speakers should be four ohms and I will double up on each channel for a two ohm load. I have run in the past all same store speakers........ Polk.....soundstream.....wet sounds...Kenwood. .. all sound real close. Must be a speaker and amp that is next level.

Ty

Found a little video of the stuff I installed. The jls 12 w3 and sub amp are gone now. Next I want the mids and highs upgraded. Hope this video helps.

Thanks guys

Boat radio:

Edited by skydog

Next level is some top of the line Focal's haha, waaaay xpensive and excelent sound

here is just one of the examples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOCAL-6KP-POLYKEVLAR-6-5-K2-POWER-MIDRANGE-165KR-165KF-165KP-165KPS-SINGLE-/400602262937?pt=Car_Speakers&vxp=mtr&hash=item5d45c16d99

and their home page:

http://www.focal.com/en/

not sure if they have marine speakers so care should be taken in install obviously if you go with these amazing speakers. 

Also in a boat I think it might be really nice to have components, although I have never heard components in open air....I think it might be pretty amazing.  None the less this is just one of the "next level" brands you may not have tried and they do have standard 6.5's :)

Found a little video of the stuff I installed. The jls 12 w3 and sub amp are gone now. Next I want the mids and highs upgraded. Hope this video helps.

Thanks guys

Boat radio:

DAAMN nice!

THX thanks alot for the help and compliments!! :-) :-) :-) What do u like for a amp? Focal amp too?

Why are separates so much better? Crossovers and/or the tweeters not over top of the mid?

Ty!!! Ps u around IL lets go for a blast!! :-) 27' Daytona Ateco 1100hp Pass: https://youtu.be/Ye1JPwe22r4

Edited by skydog

Components are better because they seperate the sound stage MUCH better by seperating through their crossovers, high frequencies and mid frequencies thus making the front stage feel and sound a great deal more accurate and robust, larger/wider etc.  The crossovers that come with the focals are very nice also. 

I don't know what your plan is, I just got the "gist" of it.  But you could do a set of real nice focal components for the front of your boat and the rest any other Focal 6.5 of your choosing, (they sound EXCELLENT by the way) especially the top end components. (prepare for a 1,000+ price tag on the top end of focals line up!!!)  They are AMAZING speakers. 

Try checking them out at a local stereo shop if you can!! 

As for amp I am not sure, we would need to first decide on what speakers and how many, to determine the final ohm load that we would have to work with.  The amp is important here but not as important as the quality of all your speakers your wanting to install.  Im thinking it would be more wise to use two seperate 4 channel amps for your eight 6.5's. smile.png

P.S.  I am clear over hear on the west in southeast Idaho other wise I would surely be down for some speed runs!!!!

Edited by THX_Elite

what river is that ur on? I hate you damn speed boat people when im tryin to fish on the ohio river lol..GIANT waves.. would love to follow behind you on a sea doo though.. nice ass boat for sure. I hope you dont hit any big ass logs while going that fast.

Ty man!!! I went with 4 sets of Hertz separates high energy and two of there new four channel amps. Thanks for your help man! Hope they are good.....

That video is on the rock river in IL. Yes must watch for logs and stuff. As far as wake it puts off zero at speed there is no boat in the water man. And very little when crushing.

Ty guy's

Glad you went with components :)

Glad you went with components :)

Ty for your help!! Time to pull out the hole saw :-) :-)

i sell focals at my work along with many other brands and i truly can not understand why they are so expensive. our 1400.00 set of focal components sounds no better to me than our set of 200.00 hertz components. the hertz sound an ass load better than the rockfords and more accurate than the JL's imo but the point is that i can hear a 120.00 difference from the rockfords to the hertz, i can not hear a 1200.00 difference from the hertz to the focals. personally i would not recommend focals

i sell focals at my work along with many other brands and i truly can not understand why they are so expensive. our 1400.00 set of focal components sounds no better to me than our set of 200.00 hertz components. the hertz sound an ass load better than the rockfords and more accurate than the JL's imo but the point is that i can hear a 120.00 difference from the rockfords to the hertz, i can not hear a 1200.00 difference from the hertz to the focals. personally i would not recommend focals

how were they installed? if they're just plug in to a board then you're not evaluating them fairly. thats not to say that any particular set is of good value.