Sign in to follow this  
skydog

I want a 1 ohm load....

the hertz are in a display board with poly fill and sealed. the focals are in a focal built display board in a ported enclosure on a Jl amp.

the hertz are in a display board with poly fill and sealed. the focals are in a focal built display board in a ported enclosure on a Jl amp.

neither of which would really convey their performance in a car. what you have established is which sounds best on a display. not exactly the best way to go about it. and that's not to mention all the tricky car audio shops use to manipulate the performance of the speakers in the display. 

If there is money to be spent especially on a RAD boat then there is nothing wrong with choosing Focal as the sound production is Very Good,  I would hope that you do install them the best way you can to take advantage of this fact.  Remember you will only get as good as sound as your personal installation will allow!!!!

But.. I mean not to debate which is a better OVERALL product, as that is shown by the speaker itself to the buyer/owner/listener, not the forums to the listener. 

Edited by THX_Elite

Great great info! Hope to have the full install done today!! :-) :-) On mids and highs.... Still waiting on my two 15" SSAs Xcons :-)

Yea on the money deal I had a hard time spending 4gs on my mid and highs hope it was worth it. Lol

Yea on the money deal I had a hard time spending 4gs on my mid and highs hope it was worth it. Lol

Properly installed and dialed in Focals are hard to beat...I never owned a pair...I just know this.

Damn on a boat I would have went active on some pro audio gear and been way louder enough to entertain a whole cove for 1/4 of that

What is the best way to run speaker wire and the rcas? For speakers I have eight speakers and two amps.On my deck of course I just have two rca out puts left and right front and rear. So do I run the front to the one amp and just buy rca splitters and the rear to the other amp with splitters too? I am running amps full stereo at 4 ohms. This make sense?

Ty happy Easter!!!

Hey guys in that video where the subs are under the front deck in the boat. Are subs normally loudest with the ports facing where u are sitting?

Ty!!

If you can easily do it, try flipping them around and see what results you get and see if you like it better.  I know that in my car I REALLY prefer the subs pointing away from me towards the rear.  It just depends on what sounds better inside and outside your boat.  Listen to them from inside and outside the boat, then flip them around and do the same thing again to see what you like best.

Edited by THX_Elite

If you can easily do it, try flipping them around and see what results you get and see if you like it better.  I know that in my car I REALLY prefer the subs pointing away from me towards the rear.  It just depends on what sounds better inside and outside your boat.  Listen to them from inside and outside the boat, then flip them around and do the same thing again to see what you like best.

Ty I will do just that!! :-)

Let us know what you decided on, orientation wise, for the subs and also..when it's complete, a short vid would be killer!

Let us know what you decided on, orientation wise, for the subs and also..when it's complete, a short vid would be killer!

Sure will u guys been great!! Got the highs all up and running sound real nice, just giving them a little break in time. Now its just a waiting game for subs and boxes.

Ty Skydog

Anything special to screw subs in boxes? Just some good old wood screws?

Ty :-) :-)

I vote MMATS for king of marine equipment.

If you got the money for the boat, you got the money for the MMATS.

Edited by cloud77

That's what I use, just good plain wood screws, maybe get some security bit style ones.

That's what I use, just good plain wood screws, maybe get some securi ty bit style ones.

Got it! :-)

Ty