antoinez28

2005 tahoe road to 150+ db

SS around 20, LPF around 80 is my personal preference. Honestly it should be to where you think it sounds best and nothing we can really say without listening. 

I will go outside once it stops raining and play with it for a bit

Did you upgrade the alt?

no working on batts...than alt next...

Got some more over kill... 7251dc1b2772ef538500c2da81689ef9_zps638e

So I went to a local MidwestSPL event....got a membership ( would go national but I have a lot to learn bedsore I start messing with burbs) did not do what I thought it would score was 140.1 I do not like my score one bit but it's a starting point for me....a guy there said that there a lot of factors when it comes down to spl....like type of vechiel, type of box, seats or folded or not, so I tried it and went up too 141.7( peak was at 38hz) just by opening my driver door but the fact of the matter is that my box is tune so low that I'm not getting the numbers I want ... So I'm going to try a couple thing that the guys helped me with like moving the box up closer, folding back seats down and open the driver passenger door...see what that gets me and go from there....all in all had a great time everybody was asking what subs I was running and if they can get a demo so I did...thanks DSS for so great subs will post pics later

Look at the bright side, a lower score gives you lots of room for improvement. At least you are making progress. I'm seriously considering preordering a set of ethos 15s myself.

Yeah I'm still going to make some more adjustment at today comp a guy said he would help me adjust some stuff when I strapped them and how many watts I'm putting out...if all goes well I going to be buying another ethos.

So I went to a local MidwestSPL event....got a membership ( would go national but I have a lot to learn bedsore I start messing with burbs) did not do what I thought it would score was 140.1 I do not like my score one bit but it's a starting point for me....a guy there said that there a lot of factors when it comes down to spl....like type of vechiel, type of box, seats or folded or not, so I tried it and went up too 141.7( peak was at 38hz) just by opening my driver door but the fact of the matter is that my box is tune so low that I'm not getting the numbers I want ... So I'm going to try a couple thing that the guys helped me with like moving the box up closer, folding back seats down and open the driver passenger door...see what that gets me and go from there....all in all had a great time everybody was asking what subs I was running and if they can get a demo so I did...thanks DSS for so great subs will post pics later

Is this score with both 18s and both 2000s, how low is your box tuned?

My score change today took some advise from some of the tahoe people...a man I was given demo left and right...what are these subs....who makes them? Where can I get them makes my day that the only person in st. Joseph with ethos is me lol....

My score is 147.7, peak at 43hz...on music

Amp 2 bc2000 strapped at 2ohm half on the gain played Gucci mane "anything" amp was clamped at 33xx watts but this thing get low pic will be up later took home 1st place

WOW- that is a huge improvement!

...a man I was given demo left and right...what are these subs....who makes them? Where can I get them makes my day that the only person in st. Joseph with ethos is me lol....

Right??   The Ethos are getting a strong rep quickly!  Between Swift & Senchezes MONSTERS, how can they not??

You said "bedsore" in #107   LOL

Yeah I'm going to kill the next show I go to I'm going to order one more 18" and run them at 1.34ohm and I'm going national instead of local so I have to make sure my box is under the t-line man I can't wait my set up is going to be 3 -18" two bc2000 strapped I'm going to try and clamp them at 3800watts so I'm in the basic 4 class and than run a kaos class thank you...I love telling people I have ethos....

This is the highest of the day about 10am only person that showed up this early so I had time to find my sweet spot " something I learn from watching people go" 005e756e856425d504f85a1048968291_zps211e

I had to have my back seats down, passenger black window down, front driver door open about 5", sun visors down and box 6" from the back window.

...a man I was given demo left and right...what are these subs....who makes them? Where can I get them makes my day that the only person in st. Joseph with ethos is me lol....

Right?? The Ethos are getting a strong rep quickly! Between Swift & Senchezes MONSTERS, how can they not??

You said "bedsore" in #107 LOL

Damn auto correct

O yeah another thing I say there DSS Ethos and couple guys say senchezes has those 6 15's....

Edited by antoinez28

So future upgrades will be another 18" ethos, group 34 juicebox battery, 240 - 300amp alt, plus couple sets of speaker....trying to see should I just buy the batt and sub or alt in the air with it right now make my choice on Thursday

Considering you were having gnarly voltage issues last I checked, I'd vote electrical upgrades. I know I am working on getting my electrical beefed up before I even think about a big amp or multiple subs, but that's just me.

Considering you were having gnarly voltage issues last I checked, I'd vote electrical upgrades. I know I am working on getting my electrical beefed up before I even think about a big amp or multiple subs, but that's just me.

I'm trying to get in contact with mike stinger sometime this week for a alt

I'm trying to get in contact with mike stinger sometime this week for a alt

If I go the used route wats a good price range for a used h/o 240 amp I alternator and what should I look for to make sure I'm not getting played

Spend the extra money and buy a new one, Get on the Singer website and you can email him from there to get a price quote.

I been wait on a response from him how long do it take for him to respond back

Its not like he just sits by his computer waiting on emails, give the man some times as he does work too. Be patient man

I been wait on a response from him how long do it take for him to respond back

It can take a bit for him to get back to you. I recommend him over anyone else. I use him for my personally vehicles. I actually just bought a 160 amp for my daily driver. I'm running two IA 20.1's with two diehard marines and the factory battery up front and have zero voltage drop. And this is with the factory pulley as I'm waiting on a new belt so I can run his supplied overdrive pulley.