antoinez28

2005 tahoe road to 150+ db

Those choices would be pointless with horns, and I would choose Rockford Fosgate anyday of the week over Crescendo.

Answers the questions I asked earlier and you will get better responses on which mids to choose. But from the looks of it you dont care to spend that much money on your front stage. What is your budget for mids?

Edited by jay-cee

3 sets of components are not needed, focus on the front doors. Do it right the first time, horns under the dash and an 8" in the doors. What are your goals for your front stage? Just loud to keep up with subs, loud and sounds good etc.

Horns and 8s are probably where I'm going next, would be interested to see how it turned out if antoine did it before me considering we have the same vehicles.
What type of 8" mid bass you going with...Rockford pro audio, crescendo pro audio, etc etc...

I haven't got that far yet. I'm working on electrical for now. I'm content with my front stage for now so I haven't been worried about it.

Those choices would be pointless with horns, and I would choose Rockford Fosgate anyday of the week over Crescendo.

Answers the questions I asked earlier and you will get better responses on which mids to choose. But from the looks of it you dont care to spend that much money on your front stage. What is your budget for mids?

I want some thing nice, on a budget around 100.00 to 130.00 a set. Amp will be a ppi 900.4 two of them...I would like to have them in my stock location with front doors having a 6 1/5 set and a 5 1/4 set rear doors have a 6/15 set and I have I think a 2 1/2 speaker in my c pillar...

According to an earlier post, looks to be around $400 to $520 for drivers. That can get you pretty far if you are only working on the front stage, how much so is above my head though.

According to an earlier post, looks to be around $400 to $520 for drivers. That can get you pretty far if you are only working on the front stage, how much so is above my head though.

That was for both mids and tweeters, since he wants to buy them separate instead of components I didnt know if that all applied to mids.

Edited by jay-cee

Ah, very true. There is definitely more info needed here on either account. There isn't much for people to go off of and giving blind recommendations are not what this site is about.

I like to try stuff that few people have or can get there hands on but with that said I'm most likely go this route

100.00 each on mids and 50.00 on tweets...but I see where a lot of people are coming from besides this form...

if you going to do it do it right the 1st time so I'm going to save more money and buy RF pro audio 8" and two Eric Stevens horns...thanks for the replays everybody.

I like to try stuff that few people have or can get there hands on but with that said I'm most likely go this route

100.00 each on mids and 50.00 on tweets...but I see where a lot of people are coming from besides this form...

if you going to do it do it right the 1st time so I'm going to save more money and buy RF pro audio 8" and two Eric Stevens horns...thanks for the replays everybody.

There is another NW audio show coming up in September. If you want to listen to my horns and silver flute setup  you can. they will literally blow you away. If you want to sooner than that we can setup something.

Maybe some other time...I'm going to the h&h in Kansas instead...

Maybe some other time...I'm going to the h&h in Kansas instead...

I'll be going to all, the NW platte city one is always the biggest usually.. the SJ one is normally low turnout.

:woot: you be upset man

:woot: you be upset man

I want be upset....thAnks next week stinger time

Lol, you're killing me. I'm pretty sure its "Singer" and not "Stinger"

Damn it need to start going over what I type before I post...lol

lol I was going to say something but didn't want it to come off the wrong way.

lol I was going to say something but didn't want it to come off the wrong way.

Honesty is what keeps me coming back to this forum. I also like that even if someone comes off as a douchebag most people don't take it too seriously here. I know we all know what he meant, but I had to give him a hard time after seeing it  more than once :P

Dont expect the Rockford 8's to play well below 100hz and have any sort of midbass at all. The have 1mm Xmax and are recommended to be crossed higher. They are built very well and sound good but I'm just trying to help. The 10's are alot different because they can be crossed at 40-50hz and have 5mm Xmax.  The 8's weigh like 8lbs each and the 10's are 22-25lbs each. 

Here are the specs on the Punch pro's. Scroll down to page 3 on the manual

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/rftech.aspx?kbsrc=http://rftech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rftech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1124&p_li=&p_topview=1#knowledge

Edited by swift

So what do you think is a good 8

Dont expect the Rockford 8's to play well below 100hz and have any sort of midbass at all. The have 1mm Xmax and are recommended to be crossed higher. They are built very well and sound good but I'm just trying to help. The 10's are alot different because they can be crossed at 40-50hz and have 5mm Xmax.  The 8's weigh like 8lbs each and the 10's are 22-25lbs each. 

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/support/rftech.aspx?kbsrc=http://rftech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rftech.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1124&p_li=&p_topview=1#knowledge

So what do you think is a good midbass that can keep up with my set-up I don't want to go bigger than a 8". And budget is around 100.00 each.

So what do you think is a good 8

So what do you think is a good midbass that can keep up with my set-up I don't want to go bigger than a 8". And budget is around 100.00 each.

honestly save your money and do it right the first time. I ran the Rockford Pro setup and it sounded okay with bass, but when turned down it sounded very flat and missed out on a lot of music. I finally took the advice and did it right with the eric stevens horns and a single pair of Silver Flutes 6.5's, they sound amazing and get so incredibly loud it is ridiculous. Take some time and seriously do it right.

There isn't one that will mate with a tweeter and keep up, not even close.

Pro audio drivers have very limited frequency extension. Can't have output and a broad range of frequencies. Not physically possible. Of course the worst thing in this domain is the super tweeter. They play nearly none of the audible range and in general sound like trash trying to do it.

Another reality check for you. It is WAY easier to make bass. ie, if you bass budget is X your front stage budget to "keep up" can't be way less.

I'll give you one more tidbit as well. Anyone who recommends or runs more than a single set of tweetrs and doesn't have them up front doesn't understand audio and taking their advice is a bad idea. Spend ALL of your front stage money in the FRONT.

Knowing your tuning experience will help too. Going active from never before requires a simpler system with other compromises.

Thanks again everybody looks like I'm going to have to keep looking around until I find that setup I like

Thanks again everybody looks like I'm going to have to keep looking around until I find that setup I like

For my setup which is what EVERYONE is suggesting cost me exactly

265 for horns from Eric Stevens

134 for 2 pairs or 6.5" silver flutes

147 for mini dsp (you could easily find a 9887 for half of that)

And whatever 4 channel you want. I had the running on a 50w x4 alpine amp and they SCREAMED while being able to keep a good level or sq even when the system was on low volume.

Say you wanted to run the Rockford stuff bought from sonic electronix

120 for 2 tweets

320 for 4 mids

So you're already looking at 460 for much less quality setup. 399 for the horns and mids plus for a little more a mini dsp or 9887, so you really aren't saving much really for a system that will never be on the same level as the horns

Just out of curiosity, if he's trying to keep the budget down, would a good fullrange/dedicated midbass setup really not give the output he needs?

Believe me, I know how loud horns can get and I know that the FR's couldn't begin to keep up with them, but he still wouldn't need all the output the horns are capable of would he?  It might be my misunderstanding of just how loud his subs would be, or the fact that I've not had my morning coffee yet and things are just too fuzzy in my head, but damn the FR88's in my Jimmy are capable of output that FAR exceeds the output capabilities of the Mach5's and probably even the XCON.  I'm just a little befuddled that it's not an option at least maybe with different FR's.