Quentin Jarrell

Drivers for this fall "start saving ur pennies"

Two new drivers coming this fall.

1) Trident.  The first transducer ever brought to market with three gaps.  With an Re or 1.6 and a BL of 20.75 it will be one of the stoutest 3 inch non neo driver on the market.  Coupled with a moving mass about 25% less than the competition the efficiency rating will be fantastic.  Plus due to the fact it is MMAG it will regain nearly all its BL all the way to 35mm one way xmax it will has less power compression that just about any driver on the market.

2)  The Encore, aka the Ethos's little brother,  1,000 watt 20mm one way xmax.

And I know everyone wanted the Primo to be available this fall.  Well that's not gonna happen.  After looking at the price to performance against the Encore I decided to scrap the original idea of the Primo. And make it a Neo driver.  It will now be a 25mm xmax 1000 watt driver that will weigh somewhere around 15 pounds.  I have samples of this driver on the way and if all is well it will be available the first of 2015.  Estimated MAP will be around $350 for the 15 version.

Below is a sketchup of all the motors together.  The proprietary cooling on all of the motors have been deleted.  All motors are to scale.  The Trident is 11 inches OD and weighs about 80 pounds.  The Primo on the right is about 4 inches OD and weighs about 8 pounds.

drivertogetherno1_zpsf0fb0038.png

drivertogetherno2_zps56e511a0.png

I heard 4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident... looks like a monster

Great looking info man! Really need to see what can be done about getting one of your drivers

I heard 4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident... looks like a monster

I see what you did there..

Oh forgot...

The Trident will be available in 12, 15, and 18

The Encore 10, 12, 15, and 18

The Primo 10, 12, 15, and 18

All baskets including the 18 will be 12 spokes.

Oh forgot...

The Trident will be available in 12, 15, and 18

The Encore 10, 12, 15, and 18

The Primo 10, 12, 15, and 18

All baskets including the 18 will be 12 spokes.

No 6 spokes for the Trident? Will it still be able to reach peak xmax with the 12 spokes?

No, it will be rated around 3k rms.

The soft parts will allow it to go to 40mm safely. In order for the 15" driver to move 35mm one way in its recommended box it will need right around 3k. This is the safe point for the coil. Any more Xmax and it would run into thermal issues.

The motor's BL curve is different than any other ever produced. Not including fringe field BL percentage is as followed:

0-20mm is 100% BL

20-40mm tappers from 100-66.6% BL.

So it's supper efficient through most of its stroke and is "linear" to 40mm with only a 50mm long coil.

It's similar to the Magnetar you played with but with slightly less Xmax to match the soft parts and adds more BL and efficiency.

New drivers sound interesting, including the new neo driver.

Any word on the shallow mount ?

And any interest in making a high excursion neo SQ driver similar to the UL12 in performance only without the ridiculous price CMass was asking?

And any interest in making a high excursion neo SQ driver similar to the UL12 in performance only without the ridiculous price CMass was asking?

The Primo is the exact same thing as the UL but with 25mm Xmax.

For $1,000 retail I can get around 45mm one way Xmax. And take 4,000 watts rms. This will require a 3.5 inch coil with 8 layer windings. Torque forces caused by the difference in heat variations on a 8 layer coil that big would cause the windings to unravel. The best option to overcome this is to do inner and outter edge windings on the former. Unfortunately there is only one factory in the world that can do this and their MOQ is out of my budget.

So in the mean time I'm gonna have some kick ass raw tweeters, midbass, and midrange drivers built.

IMG_07171_zps2cc02591.jpg

Received the coil samples for the Encore today.  Above is the Encore on the left next to the Ethos on the right.  The Encore is for those who are looking for the sound the Ethos provides but only has 1,000 watts to play with. 

I think when the encore comes out I will get 3 12s!

Any updates on the mid bass, mid range, or tweeters?

Any updates available for products coming this fall? It's just about July, which means fall is just a couple months away!

The trident and the next order of Ethos should be here the beginning of October. In expecting production samples in about 30 days to verify machining is to spec. Once approved a preorder will start on both drivers.

The trident and the next order of Ethos should be here the beginning of October. In expecting production samples in about 30 days to verify machining is to spec. Once approved a preorder will start on both drivers.

Great news!

Looking forward to trying out some DSS..Gotta sell my warehouse of motors first.

Any more info on the Encores yet, same size enclosures as Ethos?

Any more info on the Encores yet, same size enclosures as Ethos?

The encore will not be available till spring but they use nearly identical boxes.

Encore 18 price estimate?

Any update on your mids and highs?