splxtreme

Secure Sub Box (anti-theft)

I have a trailblazer and I'm trying to come up with a way to secure my box for anti-theft purposes. I'm looking for some ideas on what I should do. Right now I'm thinking of laying some 1/2" particle board that I somehow secure and then put some metal slats of some type on the bottom of the box that secure to the particle board. I'm looking for an easier way to be able to remove it and replace it if I need to haul something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

All thread through the bottom of truck. Works everytine

Agreed, also I would use security or hex bit screws on the amps, subs, mounting brackets, etc. A little less likely they will have the tools to remove anything.

I use these on my amps, subs, trim panels. Everything. A bonus is, they don't strip to easy either. I've actually broken the heads off before they strip on the head

35D7712A-ED8B-4850-8AF8-C1DD4544B2FD_zps

I use these on my amps, subs, trim panels. Everything. A bonus is, they don't strip to easy either. I've actually broken the heads off before they strip on the head

got the model number or anything?

Bolt to frame :)

got the model number or anything?

I use the same square bit screws. Think I got a box at lowes. Not totally theft proof but I'd like to think most people don't carry that bit around with them jacking people's shit.

or u can do like I do. leave you giant jet black german shepard out all night.. he lays right next to my car and never ever leaves the yard. I use those squarehead screws too. lowes and manards and ace hardware have them also

Edited by ohio45113

or u can do like I do. leave you giant jet black german shepard out all night.. he lays right next to my car and never ever leaves the yard. I use those squarehead screws too. lowes and manards and ace hardware have them also

LOL! I wish I had that option, it would give me a little piece of mind.  It's been a long time since I have had a system, since the last one got stolen. So, I'd like to make sure I make it very difficult for the thieves. I live in a much safer feeling area, but you just never know. 

Thanks for all the ideas. I'm still trying to think of something creative, that would allow me to remove the box without to much trouble. But, if bolting the damn thing down is the only way, I'll just have to live with it.

Could use a bracket that is bolted inside the enclosure that then bolts to chassis, trunk somewhere.

Could use a bracket that is bolted inside the enclosure that then bolts to chassis, trunk somewhere.

That is definitely along the lines of what I'm thinking. I don't know if a thief would have this, but I even thought of having the bracket or strip of metal that had a hole in it, secured to the chassis with a lock that needs a key. I have those anchors under my seats for car seats that I could always use. I may have just figured out what I'm going to do.

Thanks again for all the ideas!

Nothing wrong with making it hard to steal and all the above ideas are great.  Keep in mind though that a lot of thieves are fucking vindictive and when they can't get the shit out they may start destroying everything they can get to.  It's happened that way to a few different people I've known over the years.  It sucks having to pay the extra money but insuring the equipment itself (given your insurance company will do so, seems not many will) is the only way to make sure you don't lose big time if they get pissed because they can't steal it.

Nothing wrong with making it hard to steal and all the above ideas are great. Keep in mind though that a lot of thieves are fucking vindictive and when they can't get the shit out they may start destroying everything they can get to. It's happened that way to a few different people I've known over the years. It sucks having to pay the extra money but insuring the equipment itself (given your insurance company will do so, seems not many will) is the only way to make sure you don't lose big time if they get pissed because they can't steal it.

Would rather that happen than get everything stolen.

I wired a pa horn in the cabin, under the dash to my factory alarm that made my truck undrivably loud, ear piercing with the alarm going off, with a run from each battery so popping the hood and cutting my ground wasn't effective. 

I wired a pa horn in the cabin, under the dash to my factory alarm that made my truck undrivably loud, ear piercing with the alarm going off, with a run from each battery so popping the hood and cutting my ground wasn't effective. 

I like this idea!  Have a link to the horn you used?

And YES on the square head screws.  Like stated, they do not strip   :)

Edited by Jasonc13

Nothing wrong with making it hard to steal and all the above ideas are great. Keep in mind though that a lot of thieves are fucking vindictive and when they can't get the shit out they may start destroying everything they can get to. It's happened that way to a few different people I've known over the years. It sucks having to pay the extra money but insuring the equipment itself (given your insurance company will do so, seems not many will) is the only way to make sure you don't lose big time if they get pissed because they can't steal it.

Would rather that happen than get everything stolen.
screw that. Take it. Best security is to make sure thou can't tell there is something in the car

Irregular screws and screw caps to hide their identity. Window tint helps, too. Depending on your location, your listening habits near home may play a large role, too.