Dylan Matlow

Sorry everything is taking so long...

The logo could be very simple

- on the left side asmall image of a speaker facing to the right

- the diamater of the "O" in ology is the same as the diameter of the speaker

- have simulated sound waves (circular shaped ) coming out of the speaker transforming into the O

Those puppies look nice. Sleek stuff. Not sure of a Logo Idea but denim's works for me.

Monday we are expecting to hear the final quote on the higher end version of the Alpha :)

Those parts are looking to be less expensive than we thought at first as well... We also have plans to come back and offer a high end crossover upgrade later for the alpha. It is going to need a custom tooling though and I want to spend some time tweaking the crossover in a car environment before I start inquiring about tooling.

Damn... That sounds like an awesome price to me... :slayer:

Just to clarify a bit on the short paths...

The first short path is on the ID of the top plate and is .2mm thick

The second short path is under the top plate filling the void left by the difference between the magnet ID and top plate ID. This is 1.6mm thick and since this cavity is no longer there it won

Well... They ended up costing us a bit

$120 a set for the lowest model?

or is that for the second in line model.

also let me ge this strait there is 2 verisions of the alpha? a cheap one and a better one? that makes no sense to me at all and just seems confusing to end buyers.

So where along the production line are the omega drivers(these are the hghest you plan on offering corret?)? the cheaper drivers are interesting and i woudl try some to review sicne they are so cheap for a component set but i am interested in something worth keeping.

$120 a set for the lowest model?

or is that for the second in line model.

also let me ge this strait there is 2 verisions of the alpha? a cheap one and a better one? that makes no sense to me at all and just seems confusing to end buyers.

So where along the production line are the omega drivers(these are the hghest you plan on offering corret?)? the cheaper drivers are interesting and i woudl try some to review sicne they are so cheap for a component set but i am interested in something worth keeping.

$120 for the higher end alpha... The release order is as follows unless something unexpected happens with the omgea again...

Alpha X, Omega, alpha low end...

Hopefully the following nomenclature will clear up any confusion.

Budget alpha: alphα-165

Higher end alpha: alphX-165 (as above with better tweeters, more xmax, 2 short paths and no cavity inside the magnet for reduced distortion, greater concentricity of the motor assembly, neo motor, 4mm more depth on the midrange, phase plug, 1dB/w less sensitive, better low end f3)

I somehow think there will be more interest in the higher end version of the alpha... Hopefully the first alphX-165 prototype will be close enough to our specifications when we send it to Npdang for testing that we won

Edited by Dylan Matlow

Well they had a problem with the magnet tolerance :wacko: for the NdFeB40 insert (anticorrosion coating ended up making the OD ~40.5mm instead of 40...) so it wouldn't slide down inside of the ceramic 5 magnet... The component set should be here by the end of the month so they say...

I think they understood my corrections about voice coil centering (should be centered on -.5mm instead of 0 ) properly since there is more stray field below the gap than above it but I guess we will see in a few weeks when I get that set in and sent to Npdang for Bl vs X.

I sent the alpha set, .75" and 1" tweeters to npdang to get measured he should be getting me the results before too long (he has the drivers now)... Hopefully the build quality is up to par :). (Thanks Npdang!)

I should be able to get you some fairly accurate preliminary t/s parameters on the AlphX component set when I get that accurate mms measurement on the alpha. :woot:

Eclipse had the proprietary rights on that basket...which my understanding is ran out this past year. Which is why they are using the new style baskets that they have...

Good luck TC on winning a lawsuit with a chinese buildhouse lmfao.

stuff looks cool..we'll see how it preforms

Well this ended up being off spec for the coil it seems... We will get the centering fixed and the neo magnet and thicker bottom plate will get the qes to where it should be... The short paths should flatten out the Le a bit... The sensitivity is on the low side, there is more xmax than there should have been and the suspension is a bit stiffer than it should have been so the Fs is higher and the qes is higher... We have a different spider coming for the next version so hopefully they understood that request properly...

The tweeter distortion figures are pretty nice at a drive level of 4V...

The woofer cone is great as seen in the FR... The 1-2khz bump is a measurement artifact.

The tweeter has a rather large peak on the low end but that

All the parts for Prototype 2 are in now so it should be done and here at the end of the month assuming everything goes fine with the assembly

100_2933.jpg

100_2931.jpg

100_2930.jpg

That is the next generation of the prototype, I haven't had any problems with lead slap so far haha ;)

The Xmax went up a bit from the last go around, the coil *should* be centered better now.

We moved to an external Neo magnet ring that was slid inside of the ceramic 5 magnet in order to get the extra flux we needed with the longer coil to keep everything in order with this design... Between the pole and top plate being saturated, the short paths, the lack of air cavity behind inside the magnet inner diameter, the phase plug and a different spider distortion has fallen a great deal. If I had to compare this against anything in an A/B test and get quantitative measurements as well it would be the Vifa XG18 or possibly the old woven 7" seas excel.

I

Damn this thing is coming along pretty nicely... Looks pretty sick too. Can't wait for a version with the new OA Logo in it...:)

I think there is always a need for a good 8" midbass driver and the most important characteristic I think would be eiffiency .... something to keep up with the subs.

why do thoes motors look so familure to me?

I think there is always a need for a good 8" midbass driver and the most important characteristic I think would be eiffiency .... something to keep up with the subs.

2x!!! i would be into that!

why do thoes motors look so familure to me?

:ughdunno: I have no idea...

A nice fairly shallow mount high excursion 8" midwoofer is fairly down the list of priorities but atleat is made it on the list...

The delta will be out before the omega since they are having problems making the omega

2x!!! i would be into that!

3X buying the mids/highs is always that hardest part of building a system for me. Those clean sounding mids/highs with that strong midbass is a hard compo to find.....

Eclipse had the proprietary rights on that basket...which my understanding is ran out this past year. Which is why they are using the new style baskets that they have...

Good luck TC on winning a lawsuit with a chinese buildhouse lmfao.

stuff looks cool..we'll see how it preforms

I think it will be in your best interest to divert some of your public attention away from TCS. You have made quite a scene at caraudio.com. To say the least, your malicious slander pertaining to our parts, service and knowledge was unprofessional, but I will forgive you if you can give it a rest.

United State Design Patent US D455,733S

Speaker Driver Frame

Assignee TC Sounds Inc.

NDMstang65: If you wish to converse with me, please do so privately or elsewhere. Thank you.

Best of luck with your speaker designs Dylan.

Edited by 7