hdrox88

2001 Tahoe daily driver

I wish I could find another one. I just finished assembly on a new box for my current setup. Going larger, more port area, slightly lower tuning, and firing the sub up this time.

BoxDesign1_zpsc9ac2381.jpg

Edited by hdrox88

My first ported box build, it came together pretty well. I think I'll be giving it a round-over and maybe roll on bed liner. I had it playing for a little bit, it has a much heavier sound now. It seems just the slightest bit louder to the ear, but it is felt much more. Definitely have some new rattles to track down as well.

20140923_160503_zps46d95d39.jpg

20140923_162926_zpsaacae367.jpg

20140923_171804_zpseb089380.jpg

I bought those same clamps from Lowes.

If you have not used them yet, I suggest being very gentle with them. I broke one and I wasn't even using much force to clamp it down. A press fit washer popped right off, I was able to get it back together and use it though.

If you have not used them yet, I suggest being very gentle with them. I broke one and I wasn't even using much force to clamp it down. A press fit washer popped right off, I was able to get it back together and use it though.

I have the same kinds of clamps as well.  You really don't need to crank them down super hard for them to do their job.

I have the same kinds of clamps as well.  You really don't need to crank them down super hard for them to do their job.

I learned that the hard way. I didn't think I was using all that much force to begin with though.

Got it finished off today!

20140924_153552_zpsb7865432.jpg

20140924_165835_zpse4c9bb05.jpg

20140924_165901_zps420d04d8.jpg

Cool, cant wait to hear your thoughts on the switch up.

wow looks good!

Nice work....A+ on the sticker

Looks good! I have the Harbor Freight 90 clamps and they work well.

For a single 15 this xcon continues to impress. I've had some time with the new box and this thing can play low, like 20hz low. I have been running through some decaf music, picking and choosing my likes and dislikes. Some of the songs drop down to 20hz and while it isn't quite as loud as maybe 40hz, I can see my dash starting to flex! At ~25-26hz my steering wheel starts dancing. I know one 15" sub is child's play for a lot of you, but it sure is fun for me. I'm sure rock music may suffer a little bit, but with only one sub there is going to be a trade off somewhere.

20141022_170835_zpscde34e0e.jpg

For a single 15 this xcon continues to impress. I've had some time with the new box and this thing can play low, like 20hz low. I have been running through some decaf music, picking and choosing my likes and dislikes. Some of the songs drop down to 20hz and while it isn't quite as loud as maybe 40hz, I can see my dash starting to flex! At ~25-26hz my steering wheel starts dancing. I know one 15" sub is child's play for a lot of you, but it sure is fun for me. I'm sure rock music may suffer a little bit, but with only one sub there is going to be a trade off somewhere.

I really like the more modest installs myself.  Sure the big builds are wild and awesome but most just aren't practical for everyone's daily drivers nor their budgets.  I love seeing what people do with builds just about anyone could afford and install.  The XCON is no joke though.  Super fantastic performing and sounding sub.  I know what my single 10 does so I can only imagine what that 15 is capable of.

Keep it up man!

I totally agree with Alton.  

Nice looking box!

I think I might have over shot on the net volume. At times it seems to have a little slop to it, though it is only some songs so maybe it's just the music. I am considering adding some bracing and some kind of block/filler to drop net volume to 4ft^3. Tuning will rise a tiny bit, but not enough to make much of, if any, difference. I can wail on this thing for an hour with the dust cap only getting just slightly warm. Haven't smelled any coil yet either. Kinda curious what more power might do as well. Only time will tell.

Update...hows the mids ans highs did you go 8's

Update...hows the mids ans highs did you go 8's

I'm still running the ID tweeters and Seas mids on the PPI amps. Now that I've got some play time on the seas I need to do a little more tuning, just need to find the time. They sound really good to me as they are, I just feel they can do better. I just sold my hifonics and purchased a BC3500. I hope to get in line for a trident 18.

Yeah me to on the trident might have to wait till march or April do to the fact of only 35 trident motors would be sold to non team members...but I hope that bc3500 beat the mess out of your sub...im saving for a bc5500 for my next build.

Nice!!!

New amp. I still have the xcon wired to 2 ohm so not much of a power difference, but I have some good power on tap for the next step.

20141104_131827_zpsb7936042.jpg

20141105_102254_zpsc283882c.jpg

How long of a wait did it take from crescendo for the amp

I bought it from DedicatedEnthusiast in the for sale section. He shipped next day.

I was demoing for friends and ended up flexing the glass storefront of a restaurant at 25hz. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Will have to see if I can get some video without disturbing business.

Just added .26ft^3 of scrap mdf in the box to bring net volume to 3.99ft^3 @ 29.73hz. Curious to see how much of difference it makes.

How does it sound so far?