Kylar96

Kylar96- 1999 Blazer. Singer, Ampere, Fi, Xs, Seleniums

Awesome man!  Way to come in with a update!  

Thank you.... just trying to keep moving on....

Nice bro

thanks for lookin...

What's the load gunna be at when you get all 4 3800s?

With just the 2 boards, and in my vids, im at .35dcr. Ran it daily.

Using a IMsg, ive found my rise to be almost nil. Cool in a way. Lucky i guess. Start at .35, and see over 1ohm reactive, very very un often. 

Running like this, i will impedance protect on many many songs, unless i vent on some songs, or, play some sealed up. Crack a window at a certain level, i can keep it playing. The boards are pulling hella amperage, and making great power. But, i dont like the way its wired. 

When i have all 4 boards, ill be at .7dcr. Helping me play anything, but, im confident ill still make hella power.  I think both hair pins should keep me with voltage.... down, but, to me, acceptable. Well see.  Plans for a 3rd are already in the mix smile.png

thanks for looking. 

popcorn.gif

Great build man! Impressive. I really dig your alternator setup. Have you received your large case yet? I am going to be looking into a Singer for my ride in the next couple weeks. I hope he will have something to offer me. I have a 97 Buick LeSabre with a stock 140 amp. The 140 amp kinda has a weird case with the bottom mounting ear extended down kinda in a tear drop shape. Out of all the alt companies, Singer sticks out to me as the best choice, especially with the CS he seems to offer. How have you been liking your Sp4's also? I have been looking to upgrade into those myself lately. (Only have a Q12 now) I'm kinda stuck between a Sp4 15" or (2) BL or Q 15's at the moment. I am leaning toward the Sp4, as it will allow for me to upgrade to two Sp4's in a year or two. I'll always want more. Lol. Are those SP4's happy with a solid 3000w - 3500w feeding them? I like your door panels also, they looking pretty sharp. Did you fabricate the pods yourself? Overall the truck is looking fantastic man, and I am definitely tuned in for the end results. smile.png

Just make sure he sends you the right case! even really good companies like singer make mistakes. I just got a hairpin large case from him and it looked like the right case till i tried to bolt it on, didn't line up. make sure to get measurements from the stock one to send to him.

christ im sorry i dont come here more.

The sp4's have done me well, back in the day.. the dc 10k on em..... so seeing around 2k or a tick more.And it was still playing/sounding hella nice to me...

You dont need to toss ungodly power at them, if the enclosure is doing work also...... Im a big believer that the enclosure is a LARGE key. 

At JakMagic- i only run large case. There is a large case 270 (idle hog) and the new 370 large. 

With SINGER, .. i wont buy another alt from anyone else. Yes there are KILLER alts out there...i wouldnt NOT buy anything  that ISNT a hair pin/6phase from anyone.

They are FULLY worth it. At idle, boss, peak is higher, and belt wrap doesnt need to be absurd. They make amperage, a lot easier. Less "work" to make. 

And sending me the wrong shit... meh.. if it ever happened, id not trip. Shit happens. I talk to Mike daily.  Not to mention, he wants nothing but dick pics from me......  I wont buy from another maker. But, i respect the goods from others. For sure. 

IMHO Mike has the best CS in the buiz. Dude is a killer guy. 

I like to play long long time. So, i wont move from a 4" coil. Not even if less mass would gain on the meter... i dont really care.  I want to put up numbers... playing for 30s or 3min.. what ever. Its just more my want. 

Also, yes, i milled out the bracket at work. I thought i showed that. I deleted the AC comp, and cut, and milled angle iron. It works great. Doors, i got some what finished from a guy on face book. I added 3 more layers of 1.5oz, and resin. I redid the cut outs, because they wouldnt fit my selenium DIM's. Then, glassed the wall to the pillar, and ROCKET LINED the roof, doors, and wall. Simple way out, i know, but, fuck.. i think it looks solid and not bad.  Also, i know PA is shit, but, imho i think i have them sounding pucking awesome. Again, for pa. 

Again, sorry ive slacked over here. And apologize if ive missed any other ?'s. Im here to learn, and gain info just like every one else. Cant get enough........

Edited by Kylar96

Hey atleast your one of the guys that know their gear...

A lot of people have to ask...

I'm sure your always in back feelin those amps though.

Just makes me want to run AA even morr

Hey atleast your one of the guys that know their gear...

A lot of people have to ask...

I'm sure your always in back feelin those amps though.

Just makes me want to run AA even morr

Thanks. I have a dedicated fluke running full time on MIN/MAX on my rear run. The SMD volt meter on the rear. I have a laser temp prob i use after running/demoing. Im clamped on my 270 alt 24/7. ( i can see a bit what the 370 is doing, when i rev from reading the 270, if that makes sense).

I love knowing what is going with my gear.  It may be my favorite part of it all. 

Andrew is legit. His CS is on par with Mikes. Hes done nothing but help me. You cant go wrong. The TFE is a cool board... but, im in love with the 5k. Width of that board, is like a old DDz amp...... ;)

Thanks for looking. Im just waiting for my gear to get here... and get it in, ......  Stoked. 

Both windows down full. 

(that high note is a bit hard)

This was when the 270 was just installed, with the conventinal 350.

2 ampere 3800.s at .35dcr. set at -5db.

(Jons shirts are heavy.. my excuse)

sorry bout the sun..... :(

Edited by Kylar96

Once again, Love the build . I agree with you about Mike, Badass dude

Its rainy as fuck here.. but, .. ill take friday off, take the weekend to get these in, and test with the new TL and dick around..

just showed up.......

IMG_0032_zpsf1c7sz2q.jpg

Those two all black one's are tits. :droolcup:

Those two all black one's are tits. droolcup.gif

I like the black better.. (voted on it for the change)

The silver ones are my old boards. The 2 youve seen up till now. The blacks are the new.

Im going to plasti dip the "deck stips" blue on em all.

But that will come. I want this playing ASAP. Its been way to long.

Im a lil worried (not scared) ill lose a driver this season, (going on 4 seasons with OEM sp4 tossing a good amount of power at them)  but.. meh...

On ward and or upward, come hell or high water.

added scythe slim fans to the amps.....

IMG_0036_zpsrtmxhimp.jpg

Pulled everything out of the rear... bat bank will stay.  I had to "lean" the rear to get the amps to fit vertical.

Also got the sides fleece'd and soaked for beauty panles......... I may shoot them with the rocket liner also.... 

IMG_0033_zpskjdwzfig.jpg

Got all the subs re wired with new 8g shca, and mounted........

then the rains came. will be playing/testing tomorrow, gaurenteed ....

Edited by Kylar96

Nice man-  love this build!

Good shit man, nothing like having bass again.

Thanks for the kind words.

Couldnt sleep last night... been up since around 3am (outta bed, drinking coffee and baileys), and its been raining since around 1am.

I dont have a garage, but its under the car port. I did add some mat and more resin to the fleeced parts. And it set up pretty good.

Good enough just to cover the gaps. When it gets more light, ill go toss those on, and shoot the entire back panel and sides with the last bottle of rocket liner i have, ... let it cure up/dry while i go get some more coffee and breakfast. Then, its just add the amps, and wire them up........adhd.gif

Do some light double checks with the meter(s), match gains, and let it eat. smile.png

Edited by Kylar96

IMG_0041_zpsr7kflguj.jpg

blue is always good.... its better with a load.. (so to speak) but... they are on......

IMG_0046_zpstls8iou0.jpg

IMG_0047_zpstzd95cop.jpg

IMG_0051_zpsg9mxwjh8.jpg

Already fried an amp @ 30 sec.

Sorry for ur loss bro

^^^LOL   I thought that too at first.  Pretty sure that's the exhaust.

Already fried an amp @ 30 sec.

Sorry for ur loss bro

lulz....  i didnt even notice that..lol.

Ill have to give andrew shit for burning more shit up...lol....

Side door is looking like shit.....

but got the charger in, and charging again...

IMG_0056_zpsdyevxbfy.jpg

meh...

IMG_0058_zps8vjhowjb.jpg

Dope.

bangin!

Thanks all..

First week or so has been awesome.

Amps are luke warm at best. The fans are doing work, wired up has helped, and im still makeing great power. 

Its the best its ever been, and i know this build. Testing OK, not the loudest, but, it pounds the lows, and i can do it for a dozen songs, with out a worry..... unless i play something really out of my band. EIther way HIGH (that shit pulls my voltage down) or stupid low, where the subs kinda scare me. They are just a bit beat up. But still no issues.....so far. First show is weekend after next, a state away,.. and im hoping it makes it up there, mechanically.. lol.... well see. :) 

But ! its game on, and time to have some fun !