CrazyKenKid

OME Head unit w/ RF 360.3

Hey everyone! it has been a super long time! sorry I haven't been on here lately, work has been keeping me very very busy plus my new job doesn't allow for car audio as I am a travelling service technician. But I will be quitting my job and moving to the states, so this means I now have room for Car audio again in my life/trunk! smile.png

I am looking to install a RF 3sixty.3 in my 2010 Ford escape. I am looking to keep my OME head unit. Here is how I want to wire everything

Factory Head unit speaker outputs

To AOEM-FRD24 module

To RF360.3 via RCA

To Amp via RCA

To OME speakers connections behind the OME head unit using wires.

I want cut the female connector off, from the module, splice the speaker outputs, from the amp, to female connector end and I believe this will keep everything neat and tidy.

Reference links:

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=aoem-frd24

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/3sixty.3

my question is the module only offers 4 RCA's, I assume those are full range RCA's (20-20khz) and are intended for L/R front and L/R rear. in the future I want to add a sub woofer. to do this would I be able to jump one set of RCA's over to the sub inputs? or would this not work? or can i do something internally with the RF 360.3

thanks for viewing and if you would like more information please let me know.

Kenneth

Edited by CrazyKenKid

Not sure how to respond, but I do believe that the 360.3 is capable of high level inputs without the need for the Pac frd24 module. Also, the 360.3 only needs 2 channels and can still put out the needed outputs to do your subs as well.

thanks and you hit the nail on the head! i don't need the pac thing that converts high outputs to RCA's! nice!

do you know off hand where I can simply by a connector then?

thanks

Kenneth

o wait a second..using RCA's isn't that better then using wires? the module off hand costs about 30$ on ebay.

I would like to avoid cutting into the factory harness as much as possible.

Edited by CrazyKenKid

o wait a second..using RCA's isn't that better then using wires? the module off hand costs about 30$ on ebay.

I would like to avoid cutting into the factory harness as much as possible.

Not as much when dealing with a processor. And getting away without cutting would require a jumper harness. I'm unsure if they are made for your model or not. It's literally the exact same on both ends and you can just cut what you would need. 

jumper harness! ya that is what I am looking!

thanks again!!

IF you can't find one then easiest solution is to buy an aftermarket harness then go to a junkyard and cut out one from another of the same kind and make your own. Then it'll be plug and play. 

lmao! very good idea! thanks!

time to buy my RF360.3

Edited by CrazyKenKid