I just installed a 10" xcon that can either be wired at .5 or 2 ohms. It is currently running on a jl audio jx 1000.1 so 1000w at 2 ohms but I really want to get a 2000w 2ohm amp. Having trouble finding a reliable amp that puts that power out at 2 ohms without breaking the bank!!

Not sure if my electrical could handle .5 or id give that a shot.. I drive a mazda tribute stock 110 amp alt and stock battery... Don't really think I can do over 1000 @ 0.5ohm

I just installed a 10" xcon that can either be wired at .5 or 2 ohms. It is currently running on a jl audio jx 1000.1 so 1000w at 2 ohms but I really want to get a 2000w 2ohm amp. Having trouble finding a reliable amp that puts that power out at 2 ohms without breaking the bank!!

Not sure if my electrical could handle .5 or id give that a shot.. I drive a mazda tribute stock 110 amp alt and stock battery... Don't really think I can do over 1000 @ 0.5ohm

Kicker 2500 comes to mind

or a Taram's hd 2500

Seems like a whole lot of mumbo jumbo and expense to MAYBE gain a little something on the ear.

Alpine MRX-M240

you'd be better off going with more surface area if you have the space. 

Seems like a whole lot of mumbo jumbo and expense to MAYBE gain a little something on the ear.

Really? I had always planned on eventually getting a larger amp for it.. Don't most people use about 2000w~~ on an xcon? If I was planning on running 1000w forever I would have spent less and got an icon.

The xcon is begging for more power :)

Really? I had always planned on eventually getting a larger amp for it.. Don't most people use about 2000w~~ on an xcon? If I was planning on running 1000w forever I would have spent less and got an icon.

The xcon is begging for more power smile.png

So is your electrical supply.

I would do a BC2000 on it at .5 daily if you would buck up and buy a nice battery d3400 for the front. If not I dont see the point changing

The xcon is begging for more power :)

For the most part the choice of subwoofer has very little to do with the amount of power you are running. The difference between 1kw and 2kw is 3db under perfect conditions. Since that isn't reality and we have things like power compression to deal with, then the net gain would be somewhere less than 3db. Not a big difference to the ear. Couple that with the fact you are running a stock electrical system that will have a difficult time supporting a true 2kw...I think spending the $$ on a 2kw amp would be a gigantic waste of money.

I have a kinetik 1400 batt in my old car ( just got the suv last week, so upgrading/moving some stuff over. The xcon is new, but some stuff I already have from my last install. I just know that on a stock alt, sometimes it is bad to add extra batteries because then my little stock alt has to charge more things at once...which tends to kill stock alts. If XS or someone made a battery that fit my up front location( XS doesn't have a direct fit..) do you think that upgrade alone ( and I would do big 3 ) would be enough for a 2kw amp. I have no light dimming now with the 1000w @2ohm full tilt. And I'm not sure if a single kinetik 1400 up front is even that much better than my stock battery.

My problem is, no one makes a high output alt for this year tribute/escape. Only the newer ones..

I think spending the $$ on a 2kw amp would be a gigantic waste of money.

Alt even makes the equation above worse. Seriously.

no big alt = no big power

if you're chasing output you've got other options. 

I had a DC Power HO alt in my civic hatch but I just got the Mazda Tribute and I can't find an HO alt for the 2001-2004 body style.. only the newer ones.

Does anyone make custom alts, like mechman or someone? Their site doesnt have one for my model.

And yes I agree, without a HO alt, there is no point in going all out. I may just have to call XS and see what the biggest battery is that I can shove under my hood to power a 2kw amp. I eventually will grab a second xcon, but I want to upgrade electrical first (even though it seems I really can't..), then amp second because I can use 2kw on my single xcon until I save up enough for a second one.

Just call Mechamn, I"m sure they carry an alt. You not the first person to put a sytem in a 97 Civic

Just call Mechamn, I"m sure they carry an alt. You not the first person to put a sytem in a 97 Civic

I had a civic, ~~~ I just now got a Mazda Triute. And yes, I just emailed them to see what they can do! Now if only my alt wasn't in the worst location ever. Seriously, they place these underneath and you have to remove tons of crap to get it out... I don't want to pay a shop to put it in haha.

If you aren't going to install more subs don't bother with any of it.

+1

+1

I will eventually. I just don't have an exact time frame. But I can only afford one thing at a time, so I figured I could possibly get a 2kw amp first because I may still be able to power it stock or with just an upgraded front XS battery, I can always turn the amp down though. Next would be an alt, and then I could add in a second xcon.. I eventually want 2 12" zcons. I'm just trying to get electrical before the extra subs because it's too hard to have subs that I can't use sitting in my trunk.

I had a civic, ~~~ I just now got a Mazda Triute. And yes, I just emailed them to see what they can do! Now if only my alt wasn't in the worst location ever. Seriously, they place these underneath and you have to remove tons of crap to get it out... I don't want to pay a shop to put it in haha.

This is from my sketchy memory but I think it's only the right cv axle that has to come out.

+1

I will eventually. I just don't have an exact time frame. But I can only afford one thing at a time, so I figured I could possibly get a 2kw amp first because I may still be able to power it stock or with just an upgraded front XS battery, I can always turn the amp down though. Next would be an alt, and then I could add in a second xcon.. I eventually want 2 12" zcons. I'm just trying to get electrical before the extra subs because it's too hard to have subs that I can't use sitting in my trunk.

Backwards, IMO. Completely. Instead you'll have an amp you really can't use versus cone area that you could. Even worse if you buy the alt too as putting 2k on one 10" xcon isn't going to gain you anything but an empty wallet.