Sign in to follow this  
ohio45113

Singer alternators

ordered a 250A alternator Friday the 2nd. just got a email saying its on its way here. Mike Singer not only has killer customer service but the man doesnt mess around.

if and when i get around to upgrading my alt mr singer will be the one getting my money

I have a 250A Singer in the Jimmy.  Now I've not had the truck running and the sub and sub amp running at the same time to really see it's potential but I agree, he's fast and the prices aren't bad either.

I have a 250A Singer in the Jimmy. Now I've not had the truck running and the sub and sub amp running at the same time to really see it's potential but I agree, he's fast and the prices aren't bad either.

I had it narrowed down to singer, mechman, and dc. I've read good things about all of them. I went with singer because I asked all 3 companies why I should choose their product and I liked his answer. his customer service was great and he built and shipped my alternator quicker than the other 2 companies responded to emails. I received a email this morning saying the alternator is in my local town on the ups truck scheduled for delivery by the end of the day. I'll post some pics once i get it.

Sweet

I received timely responses from Mechman and Singer!

All I can say is DC Power is horrible at customer service!

20140507_210943_zpsa9v3mruj.jpg

do u guys think I need extra batts running a bc3500 and a 12 zcon? got a yellowtop under the hood

Mike,...

Is the only place ill go.

I understand, that DC Power does have more tools/tooling to get them further. That said,...  I will not buy anywhere else, but from Mike S.

One 350 in, and a Hairpin for the second paid for today in fact.   He, is just getting started,..... ;)

I myself, will NOT go anywhere else...... and pumped for what i know he has coming down the who ha ..... :)

also,

id suggest, his new hair pin design, in any shape or form. It really is, the "new" gig........ 

whats funny is I actually make alternators for a living at mitsubishi electric. I dont know much about them as I only cast the brackets but I make alot of the styles I see on here. we make alts for every major car company and we currently make this new generation X modle that is half the size of a regular alt and puts out 2x 3x amps. we r the only company on the planet that does this and the production line for it is in a sealed off room top secret and if u get caught talking about it tryin to look inside its automatic termination.

Edited by ohio45113

whats funny is I actually make alternators for a living at mitsubishi electric. I dont know much about them as I only cast the brackets but I make alot of the styles I see on here. we make alts for every major car company and we currently make this new generation X modle that is half the size of a regular alt and puts out 2x 3x amps. we r the only company on the planet that does this and the production line for it is in a sealed off room top secret and if u get caught talking about it tryin to look inside its automatic termination.

Id bet that is a 6 phase DENSO type design. 

Hella nice. My acura tsx came with a DENSO stock. Lil bastard is a tank. I swapped it for a singer 225 back in the day (2 years ago or so)

Beating on it a bit. FYI i didnt lay into it till around after a min, so, push it forward if its boring.

I do have SOME bank at this time. Not a lot, but some.  Still, you can see, im at alt for most of it, until. 

old, but fun...... stoked for what is coming

so do I need extra batts with a yellowtop under the hood on a bc3500 with a zcon? this is a 250A alt. id rather not run extra batts cuz its going in my work car and I already spent more than I wanted too. and the new alts that we make are top secret so I cant really say whats going on. but I swear that no one else on the planet is making them. I will say I watched one being tested and it did 500A @ 200 rpm

500 amp at 200rev.

your high.

Not a generator on the planet that will do that...... lol. ....

EDIT- maybe the Hoover damn gens or some shit... lol.. 

sorry kid, but, there is not a alt/pulley on the planet that will do 500amp... LET alone at 200rpm...... No way no how....

Edited by Kylar96

wish I was high. had to give it up cuz of random testing at work. got 3 kids and 2 of my girls sisters kids so I gotta work. im not lieing its a serious matter at work. that whole area is sealed off.. I make a bracket for it thats not even the size of a averaged mans hand. and I seen the testing done. as well as the rest ofthe company. had a big ass meeting. supposed to unveil 2016. on 90% of new cars.

its top secret. its crazy. therebis 1000+ people where I work. and 12 are the only ones who no about it. they have security standing around the parameters. shits crazy.

so should I run extra batts?

seems legit..

I think ill go sit in another corner/forum...

cool, let me know when i can do 500 amps or so in something that is not so hush.

Until then.. enjoy your singer alt doing around 190... hot.... and probably less at idle. 

Cuz us none hush guys have to put up with shitty gens....  

Take care.........and good luck with, whatever your doing

Not a generator on the planet that will do that...... lol. ....

EDIT- maybe the Hoover damn gens or some shit... lol.. 

:D 2oho.gif

I dont know a whole lot about it. like I say I just cast the brackets. ask frogcase2002 he seen where I work.

I dont know a whole lot about it. like I say I just cast the brackets. ask frogcase2002 he seen where I work.

mmmm

im ok...

keep just casting the brackets

wish you luck with your build.

Edited by Kylar96

mmmm

im ok...

keep just casting the baskets......

wish you luck with your build.

cool thanks?

do you think I need more batts?

can we meet up so I can demo ur shit?

so a multi billion dollar company cant come up with some crazy shit?