Sign in to follow this  
cloud77

Coil Former Knocking off dust cap 3x

I recently reconed my BTL UFO 12" with high xmax option.

I used the spacers provided to space the basket .250" above the bump in the motor.

I first knocked the dust cap off in a huge box I had made for my zcon. 3.1 cu ft. tuned to 32. Glued it back up and I did it again.

I built a new box because I thought big box, over powering, exc. could have been the cause. Plus it didn't sound that great (anticipated)

I have a box made.. 2.4 cu ft. tuned to 32. Knocked the dust cap off again today.

I am using household goop to glue the dust cap. Should I go with CA?

Possibility that the recone was not made to be spaced from the motor?

I checked the pole vent when I bought the motor and it is not shifted.  But considering all solutions.

had the same thing happen with a 12 inch btl n3. ended up using amazing goop on it and it stayed on. after that though it made a horrible rattling noise on low notes. lol was being stupid and put it in a 4th order box thinkin it might hide the rattle. it made it echo way louder lol

Edited by ohio45113

had the same thing happen with a 12 inch btl n3. ended up using amazing goop on it and it stayed on. after that though it made a horrible rattling noise on low notes. lol was being stupid and put it in a 4th order box thinkin it might hide the rattle. it made it echo way louder lol

goop is what I'm using. I really want to refrain from using CA on the DC

How hot are you getting it?

How hot are you getting it?

normal temperatures. I keep on checking it, and its warm to touch, but not flaming. Seems like it always comes off after a certain amount of rocking though..

I just got my alt in, so I don't know if I'm getting greedy with the power since I don't really have to monitor voltage anymore as my limits to the volume button.

20130730_160857_zpsr0pw3roe.jpg

pic of the n3 with dust cap blown off

Edited by ohio45113

What are you powering it with?

Cheap enough to try, but I am a believer of Amazing E-6000 and you can pick it up at "Most" walmarts.

Edited by nadcicle

Honestly I would just use normal gap filling ca glue

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Amazing-Goop-Craft-Glue-2-oz/21674350

I used amazing goop but it was the kind for arts n crafts. I believe it said craft on it.. found it at walmart over by the arts n crafts section. tried regular amazing goop from lowes and it flew off.

*edit

found a link

Edited by ohio45113

are you sanding the dust cap? also .. glue matters

I was sanding it. I put an RE XXX v3 full face to cover the damages to the cone.

Sign in to follow this