Mark LaFountain

what do you guys know about he new H2 Orions?

thinkn about buying one, what have you guys heard about them? Or does anyone own one yet?

Shane, aka HCCAfan is the online resident pro on these subs, I personally am very interested in them. They have a dual gap motor design, which is similar to the XBL^2 design in performance, the RE XXX and Adire Brahma are using that design. From what I have read, the Orion is better off, (for daily purposes), in a smaller ported box and can take a butt load of power

Shane, aka HCCAfan is the online resident pro on these subs, I personally am very interested in them. They have a dual gap motor design, which is similar to the XBL^2 design in performance, the RE XXX and Adire Brahma are using that design. From what I have read, the Orion is better off, (for daily purposes), in a smaller ported box and can take a butt load of power

i have a 12 and a 15

i haven't had a chance to play with the 15 yet, but the 12 is very impressive in both sq and the ability to get extremely loud

Butt loads are always the best ;)

and can take a butt load of power
Edited by RFIRE15

Butt loads are always the best ;)
and can take a butt load of power

:wtf:

yea its a sick woofer... sic basket, sic t/s, and sic power handling... but its not sick enough for me to ever consider

Edited by moonswordrai

This is Grand Masta Quoting Warbleed about the Orion H2 and I found it interesting does anyone have a comment:

This is what Warbleed has to say regarding the Orion H2:

BL ratings are pretty meaningless without considering Re.

The BL of that driver is very low, as is shown by the extremely high Qts.

It should work pretty well IB, honestly, for SQ purposes, I doubt it would reach an acceptable Qtc in any other kind of alignment.

Ideally for IB purposes, you either want a high Qes and a moderate/high Fs, or a low Qts and a low Fs.

The H2 is honestly a bit excessive in the Qts respect, but I don't know that it will perform all that well in anything but an IB application. The motor is exceptionally weak, and as such, I'd use as large of a sealed box as humanly possible.

I definitely would NOT ever port that thing...

thats interesting, because Shane seems to port his all the time

that is wierd, a buddy just got his installed (haven't heard it yet) but i was wondering why the put his 12 in a sealed enclousure....i guess that kinda explains it....hopefully i'll get a listen soon and give a small review

This is Grand Masta Quoting Warbleed about the Orion H2 and I found it interesting does anyone have a comment:
This is what Warbleed has to say regarding the Orion H2:

BL ratings are pretty meaningless without considering Re.

The BL of that driver is very low, as is shown by the extremely high Qts.

It should work pretty well IB, honestly, for SQ purposes, I doubt it would reach an acceptable Qtc in any other kind of alignment.

Ideally for IB purposes, you either want a high Qes and a moderate/high Fs, or a low Qts and a low Fs.

The H2 is honestly a bit excessive in the Qts respect, but I don't know that it will perform all that well in anything but an IB application. The motor is exceptionally weak, and as such, I'd use as large of a sealed box as humanly possible.

I definitely would NOT ever port that thing...

Similar to the Brahma, but to a lesser extent. In sacrifice of motor strength, linearity remains flatter over a wider range. The Brahma's BL is relatively low as well, just flat.

Just did a H2 15 install in a blazer and it pouuuuuuuuunds. Amazing sub for daily driving. delvryboy saw it today at a MECA event I think. I believe it did a 145.6 on a 1200d if I remember correctly.