Sign in to follow this  
khinds94

Huge difference with lower tuning

So I purchased a 17 inch long aero off parts express and put in outside of my 2.5 cf box. makes a HUGE difference sound wise in my opinion. It dropped the tuning to about 26hz from 32hz and it peaks around 32 or so now compared to about 40,41 like it did before.

Makes sense, you dropped down 6hz in frequency. 

Can't tell if you're excited about it or not... How does it sound now? Better/worse?

It's way better. I think most people think you lose the 45+ hz range but you really don't when you tune that low.

It's way better. I think most people think you lose the 45+ hz range but you really don't when you tune that low.

I noticed with my SP4s when I put them in a box tuned to 24hz that it completely flattened out the sound, the high notes were even with the low low notes to the ear. peaked around 33hz.

Most people wouldn't expect a sub to sound good tuned that low.

Glad you got it to sound how you wanted, sometimes you just have to play with it. smile.png

Edited by SacredTanakh

I really enjoyed my enclosure being tuned around 24 htz.

I noticed with my SP4s when I put them in a box tuned to 24hz that it completely flattened out the sound, the high notes were even with the low low notes to the ear. peaked around 33hz.

Most people wouldn't expect a sub to sound good tuned that low.

Glad you got it to sound how you wanted, sometimes you just have to play with it. smile.png

Yea that's what I meant, it seems to have less peakyness now and I lost hardly anything on the top end

I have some songs that i edited that would be great for your system.

I have some songs that i edited that would be great for your system.

If you have any please send them. Im trying to find some good tracks in the low 20s that are clean.

Yeah I loved my enclosure with 3-12" Kicker CVXs tuned to 26hz, shook everything and got down