Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Future DSS Demo Vehicle

Thanks to Alton below will be the new demo vehicle.

image_zpsec0a0da5.jpg

Gonna be with 4 15s? I thought I read that somewhere.

Rip off the geo logo and put a dss logo in its place?

J

Woohoo!!  Looking forward to the transformation!

I wanna help.

Gonna be with 4 15s? I thought I read that somewhere.

It's gonna be crammed full if something Trident.

Not sure what I'm gonna do until I start measuring. I'd like to do a flat wall for ease of construction. Possibly a bunch of 12's with driver port. Or may even do a full wall of 10" Ethos. Whatever I do I am gonna keep it under 15k

Do a wall with a pair of 10s and knock out a 160 and blow people's minds.

Something you don't see much of.

By 15k im gonna say watts. :)

Not sure what I'm gonna do until I start measuring. I'd like to do a flat wall for ease of construction. Possibly a bunch of 12's with driver port. Or may even do a full wall of 10" Ethos. Whatever I do I am gonna keep it under 15k

What about a clamshell?

J

What about a clamshell?

If so I'd do maybe a polygon shaped box with 5 or 6 15's or some 18's. I'll know more when I break out the measuring tape.

J

Geez, I miss the days when one could see just how many 15s or 18s you could cram into a vehicle !!!

Yes!!!!

I vote wall of 10" ethos. Maybe like 6 on 15k?

Did a little measuring and something like this will fit.  12 inch subs in black and driver port in blue.  I should still have room for 8 group 35's and amps behind the box.

metroboxexport_zpsf8f0c273.jpg

:phatyo:

Did a little measuring and something like this will fit.  12 inch subs in black and driver port in blue.  I should still have room for 8 group 35's and amps behind the box.

Should be crazy! When do you think this will be getting started

Did a little measuring and something like this will fit. 12 inch subs in black and driver port in blue. I should still have room for 8 group 35's and amps behind the box.

In a few weeks. First thing is to rip out the interior and dash. Then build the roll cage. Then pull the motor and trans for an overhaul then remove the ac for a dual alt set up.

It'll be a few months before I even get to the system. The car will be built strictly as a demo vehicle and won't be street legal. I'll more than likely have to make the rear suspension solid to handle all the weight. I'm looking at nearly 800 lbs of sub alone. I figure the car will weight around 4500-5000 pounds when complete.

If I can get the alternators on it il run 8 tridents on 32k

Did a little measuring and something like this will fit. 12 inch subs in black and driver port in blue. I should still have room for 8 group 35's and amps behind the box.metroboxexport_zpsf8f0c273.jpg

In a few weeks. First thing is to rip out the interior and dash. Then build the roll cage. Then pull the motor and trans for an overhaul then remove the ac for a dual alt set up.

It'll be a few months before I even get to the system. The car will be built strictly as a demo vehicle and won't be street legal. I'll more than likely have to make the rear suspension solid to handle all the weight. I'm looking at nearly 800 lbs of sub alone. I figure the car will weight around 4500-5000 pounds when complete.

If I can get the alternators on it il run 8 tridents on 32k

Really looking forward to seeing this come together

Crazy set up, definitely want to hear it when its done.

spent about 30 min pulliing out a lot of unimportant stuff today

IMG_08271_zps163aa5df.jpg

IMG_08281_zps6ba6e15c.jpg

and found this,  I guess I have a good reason to do what I wanted to do.  Tub the back chassis.  More than likely just use 7,500 lb trailer spindles.  I figure I'll be able to get a good 10-15 baterries back there with the tub.  Also going to scrap the gas tank and put in a 5 gallon fuel cell.

IMG_08261_zps230632b2.jpg