icluphf

incriminator audio scion xb build, 2 18" judges on an NS1

i forgot to post pics of the skyhigh 2/0 that i installed a while back. because of the relocation of the amp i am a few feet short so i had to order some more today

Screenshot_2014-09-20-11-57-06_zps7b7e5bScreenshot_2014-09-20-11-57-14_zpse297ffScreenshot_2014-09-20-11-57-18_zpsfcc2d2

i havnt had a whole lot of time lately with work and other things going on at the moment so i have not made a lot of progress. more has been done for the frame under the box. its a lot sturdier than the fame underneath the last box. im still waiting on more 2/0 cable too. it was supposed to be here thursday but hasnt left the ups station yet so who knows how long that will be. i have a few box designs that im trying to decide between. problably going with around 14 cubes compaired to the 10.5 in the first box and tuning the box to around 32-35ish still unsure on that

I vote 32 hz.

thats what i was thinking. 32 hz and 15 cubes

I love updates with pics !!

I love updates with pics !!

i should have some more up today. finally made a design that im happy with so il be cutting all the birch up this afternoon

Screenshot_2014-09-23-20-16-10_zpscb07a5

using the old box as a saw horse lol

Screenshot_2014-09-23-20-15-50_zps0498df

started cutting today. i have all my lengths cut now i just have to cut them to the right widths and the box will start going together

also couldnt find any good headphones around my house yesterday and needed some music while i worked so i built this little thing with some of the scrap mdf from my trim panels and leftover pieces from other peoples boxes that i built recently. the speakers are my stock door speakers out of my xb. they are pioneers and hooked to a 40 watt amp. not bad for what it is. has a decent amount of midbass to it and can play low for just a few door speakers. its got a small port tuned to around 75ish

Screenshot_2014-09-23-20-15-59_zps6a53c6

might decide to put some decent 6.5s in there when i get the chance to

Is 32 low enough? What does AA recommend?

You mean IA, 32hz should be fine.

You mean IA, 32hz should be fine.

IA recomends 35hz but im sticking with 32

Screenshot_2014-09-29-21-47-30_zps37d68bScreenshot_2014-09-29-21-47-09_zpse97ff5Screenshot_2014-09-29-21-47-02_zps155caa

got some work done on the baffle today doubled it up and started some bracing with a 2x4 on the back. tomorrow i should be able to start putting some of it together in my car and throwing some stain on the baffle and other parts that will be seen. 

Screenshot_2014-09-29-21-46-56_zps30ba62

had to 45 the top of the box to fit it in my car because of how close the box comes to the ceiling

Screenshot_2014-09-29-21-46-50_zpsa98e4a

i got a layer of stain down on the sides of the port to get an idea on what the box will look like. im going to start with stain and if i dont like it il just carpet the box

i probably wont have a lot of time to work on the car for the next few days with work and my classes. in the mean time im trying to decide on a material to cover the trim panels. thinking black leather or something like that. also going to be shopping around for some new mids for some kick panels. im open for any suggestions on a good set of mids

What size mids for the kicks would be a good start for us to help you?

It may be too late, as it looks like you have already screwed the baffles together, but if you screw them together from the inside, you won't show any screw holes. This creates a much cleaner look, especially if you are staining.

It may be too late, as it looks like you have already screwed the baffles together, but if you screw them together from the inside, you won't show any screw holes. This creates a much cleaner look, especially if you are staining.

yes i know this. the reason for the screws on the front of the box was because that was originally supposed to be the backside of the baffle but while routing i got a chip in the front layer of the wood on a corner that would not at all be able to be covered up as the second ply in the birch is a much different color than the first. i can always go back and insert wood plugs and sand them flat on the face of the box or just cover the box in carpet

What size mids for the kicks would be a good start for us to help you?

looking for 8's. only problem is i may have to find a better spot than the kick pannels. my car is a stick so the clutch is where my kick pannels would be

got some of the staining done on the box. i was going for a kind of dark worn look and i like the way this stain turned out. Im still going to be doing a few more coats and then going over it with a few coats of a glossy clear. and yes i know that the screw holes are visible but with the stain i kind of like the contrast that they bring out. the box is finally starting to get close to going together. just wish i had more time to work on it

Screenshot_2014-10-04-15-24-44_zps7e7103

Screenshot_2014-10-04-15-24-29_zps9e7e56

nothing really exciting going on right now. just waiting on clearcoat to dry so i can start putting the box together. in the mean time ive been looking around for what i want to do with my front stage and im thinking i want to run an active setup. probably with a minidsp or something along those lines. just wondering if anyone is running them or an alternative and if so how they like it

I'm going to get my jaw jacked for mentioning it, but I've been using a Soundstream Harmony for a couple months now and I love it.  It's not as out and out powerful in options as the mDSP or any of the ones on the market that are based on it, but it does what I need just fine and I think it's great for ACTIVE setup beginners to learn on.

I'm going to get my jaw jacked for mentioning it, but I've been using a Soundstream Harmony for a couple months now and I love it.  It's not as out and out powerful in options as the mDSP or any of the ones on the market that are based on it, but it does what I need just fine and I think it's great for ACTIVE setup beginners to learn on.

im considering all options at them moment. the minidsp is what ive done the most research into at the moment which is why im thinking i want to run them. im still going to read up on other options like the harmony to see how they compare though. this is going to be my first active setup so il be spending a lot more time reading before i start piecing it together