skydog

The time is about here!!

Should have both of my 15" Xcons this week and I also bought two of there hand made boxes.(nice stuff) When I mount the subs in the new boxes should I drill a small pilot holes first? Cant wait to mount all in my boat pics to follow.

Thank you Skydog                        P.S. SSA has been there every step of the way too! TY

I would pre drill before you screw it in

ALWAYS BE CAREFUL WITH THE DRILL AROUND THEM SUBS LOL

Will do!

AND YES VERY CARFUL!! Could be a BAD DAY FASTTT!!!

THANK YOU Skydog

Will do!

AND YES VERY CARFUL!! Could be a BAD DAY FASTTT!!!

THANK YOU Skydog

Could use a marker for each mounting hole and then remove the sub and pre drill

You can pre-drill or just be careful, start off slow and guide the screw in with your other hand.

Magnetic drill bits......

Subs here!! :-) wow nice. Last one guys for break in how long? Does it matter?

Ty :-) :-)

Turn it up, break in doesnt matter. Over time the suspension will loosen some but babying the sub wont help.

What Jay said, and thank you for picking SSA. :)

Ty u guys! Top service from start to finish! :-)

Now the subs and boxes holy shit never heard bass like this wow!! The lows are sick! I hope I dont hurt my boat wowowow :-) :-) :-) I have them crossed at like 100hz that sound about right for all music? Only thing that sucks I have $3,500.00 in mids and highs and they will never keep up. Or is that a bad thing!! :-) :-) :-) LOL

Glad you are happy, should be a nice setup smile.png

Only bad thing is the $3500, but the result can't be bad.

Ok helpppp guys...... Not happy at all with my 6.5 separates Hertz I smoked five of the six tweeters!! Running them at four ohms at 150rms. Using there amp Hertz.... So I sure dont want the same crap, it is a huge job in this boat to change out. Funny part I am using two of there coaxial speakers in my motor bay. They are low watts and those two are good. Running them off of same power level.

Sooooo do I just get some better tweets and use there mid and crossover? If so what is a killer tweeter? This would probably be easiest fix I think...... All the speakers are under warranty still so I have options.

Thanks guys I am all ears.... I guess the main thing is I want loud!!!! :-) I was playing some techno yesterday and I know thats what smoked them but that is what I like......

Ps Pics to follow

Ok helpppp guys...... Not happy at all with my 6.5 separates Hertz I smoked five of the six tweeters!! Running them at four ohms at 150rms. Using there amp Hertz.... So I sure dont want the same crap, it is a huge job in this boat to change out. Funny part I am using two of there coaxial speakers in my motor bay. They are low watts and those two are good. Running them off of same power level.

Sooooo do I just get some better tweets and use there mid and crossover? If so what is a killer tweeter? This would probably be easiest fix I think...... All the speakers are under warranty still so I have options.

Thanks guys I am all ears.... I guess the main thing is I want loud!!!! :-) I was playing some techno yesterday and I know thats what smoked them but that is what I like......

Ps Pics to follow

150rms on a 120 'peak' rated tweeter? And they are crap?

Over power a driver that bad and you are asking for issues. Especially a tweeter.

J

Yea found that out.... Sad part is i had some Polks before these. At 1/4 of the $ never had a problem? So is there a tweeter out there that can handle the power i am running?

TY

Can't just change the tweeter, need complete sets.

Is the loud for party cove activity or high speed tunes?

Yea man loud for sandbar! :-) So I cant use the crossover on a different tweeter? I see Hertz makes a tweeter ML 280 its a little bigger and 180 watts peak.

The real question is do you actually want to be happy with the output or do you keep want to bandage it as it fails.

Every crossover is specifically designed for a particular tweeter. Specifications on tweeters are such that none can be swapped NICELY, ie it can "work" but all semblance of quality and balance may go right out the window.

That being said, I am rather familiar with your needs and concerns. I have a Malibu 23 LSV which we tie up at the island. Exactly the reason I asked as no car tweeter is made to project and that is the difficulty. You need a long throw driver so that when you aren't in the boat you can hear it behind. Mounting locations make a HUGE difference too. This of course is where the beauty of the wakeboard tower lies, but there are ways to simulate that in boat as well.

I am curious as to your current mounting locations and listening habits/compromises. ie, is out of the boat output more important than in boat quality? What works for far doesn't work for close. Could be a hybrid approach though depending on how bad you want to solve the problem.

Ty for all the great input. Sitting in boat is more important for sure. I have two 6.5 coaxial mounted in cans,under motor hatch and when I stop I open the hatch to fire them right at head level. And I have three pair 6.5 separates in the boat. Mounted as high as I can.

Ty

The db's won't work.

Any pictures of boats showing similar mounting? Engine lid ones I don't need, know exactly where they are wink.png Pics of someone elses boat with your layout is fine.