Sign in to follow this  
eturnulrs704

Fi car audio reps?

Ask away, I am sure someone will be of help.

I ordered 1 team 15 but wanted to change and get 2 15In sp4's instead. And pay the difference but no one has answered any of my emails. Iv been trying since Saturday to get answered. And got none AT All.. What's up with that. I'm tryna give y'all more money n y'all don't want it?

Edited by eturnulrs704

I ordered 1 team 15 but wanted to change and get 2 15In sp4's instead. And pay the difference but no one has answered any of my emails. Iv been trying since Saturday to get answered. And got none AT All.. What's up with that. I'm tryna give y'all more money n y'all don't want it?

I know Nick is on a Much needed vacation so the team is running a bit low.

Hmm sound like nick is the one man army because I haven't heard a peep out anyone. I would think they would want more money from me. Smh just frustrating when your tryna get things done and not getting anywhere. At least acknowledge me. Make me feel better that I gave you my money.. My build is waiting for the sub's. Last part of the puzzle. Sure its on me that I chose the team then changed my mind but it was the same day I made the purchase that I emailed them to correct it and give me the means to send them the extra cash.

Edited by eturnulrs704

Your gonna have a long wait brotha. Once you do get it switched expect about 30-45 days before you receive the subs. Great sub choice BTW, They will answer you just gotta be patient

Waiting for the sub's isn't really an issue I have other sub's I can use till they come. I just wanted to get the switch done before they get the ball rolling with the original purchase so that the wait won't be to outrageous. The faster we fix the quicker I get the sub's I want.. What subare u saying is a good choice the sp4? Or the teams? Cause I here the teams are animals. But not as good on the low end as the sp4.. I have a team already but wanted more bass. I never heard the sp4 play tho.. I want those lows. People tell me feed the team with 5k and I will get those lows but I wanna try the sp4 since I here they are better at lows. I'm not gonna push the system hard all day every day to get a good low end. So when I'm playing at "non ignorant" levels I can enjoy a nice low end..

Waiting for the sub's isn't really an issue I have other sub's I can use till they come. I just wanted to get the switch done before they get the ball rolling with the original purchase so that the wait won't be to outrageous. The faster we fix the quicker I get the sub's I want.. What subare u saying is a good choice the sp4? Or the teams? Cause I here the teams are animals. But not as good on the low end as the sp4.. I have a team already but wanted more bass. I never heard the sp4 play tho.. I want those lows. People tell me feed the team with 5k and I will get those lows but I wanna try the sp4 since I here they are better at lows. I'm not gonna push the system hard all day every day to get a good low end. So when I'm playing at "non ignorant" levels I can enjoy a nice low end..

sounds like a frequency response issue. you could eq down the peak or build a new box tuned lower. not sure why you expect a new sub to magically fix an install issue

Edited by lithium

There is no install issue. I've heard many opinions from people who have used both. And have said the sp4 is better on lower frequencies. My enclosure is tuned to 30hz. 

Im tuned at 36, and can do a 50 at 22hz .

But, are you sure your enclosure is up to snuff? Volume, port per and the like?

Just droppin a driver in, does not "lows" make.

Edited by Kylar96

Yeah see that's wut I'm talking about.. Sp4 dips lower. That's why I want them. Team is better on higher. Everyone I know who has sp4 says it's a better low end sub than team.on rated power.

I only know personally 2 people running the team driver. They say they eat the lows up also.

My comment above was more in the line of not having the correct set up, no driver will perform.

I ordered a recone for my SP4 18 a month and 3 weeks ago now, last communication I had with FI was about a month ago. they must be very backed up to not be able to get emails answered. so far I have 5 emails over 5 weeks unanswered.

Your not going to hear much of difference in the lows between the two in the same enclosure on the same amount of power.

I would just keep with the team subs if I were you.

I wasn't going to reuse the enclosure. I was going to fab a new one either ported or 4th order.. Team sub as per Fi won't perform well in 4th because of its motor force. If they don't contact me I will have no choice but to keep it.. Oh well. We will see once I rebuild the enclosure.

the bandpass design won't perform better than a standard vented enclosure so dont bother. 

Fuqit I will just keep the teams then.. Rather be different anyway, 2 teams on 8600w should do nicely.  Since so many people have the sp4.. But I'm curious why most of you who have the sp4 chose that sub n not the team... 

Edited by eturnulrs704

Fuqit I will just keep the teams then.. Rather be different anyway, 2 teams on 8600w should do nicely.  Since so many people have the sp4.. But I'm curious why most of you who have the sp4 chose that sub n not the team... 

if I was to take a guess, I'd say cost, maybe. 

Yeah maybe.. There is a huge difference in cost.. Actually don't know why it's such a broad margin.  Maybe I will tune it to About 28 hz. See if I can see difference. Anyone know a good way to calculate cabin gain/tuning? 

Yup, I do:)

Yeah maybe.. There is a huge difference in cost.. Actually don't know why it's such a broad margin.  Maybe I will tune it to About 28 hz. See if I can see difference. Anyone know a good way to calculate cabin gain/tuning? 

cabin gain would have be measured.  not that knowing it would do you any good. 

Yeah, but may not be worth it.

Here is my theory.

You need to play your system OUTSIDE of your vehicle. Across the audio spectrum, like, 20-60hz. Play it and measure it at a certain db level. Then, you do the same once your system is in the vehicle. This would be how you would measure your cabin gain.

By tuning, I'm guessing you mean your vehicles peak frequency? If you so, there is a mathematical way to find out. I forget exactly, but I'm sure you can google it. It something like, you measure the passenger footwell to the driver side rear hatch. You then divide that number by the speed of sound. again, it's "something" like that lol. There other method i've heard, is to build a sealed box, and find it that way. 

But again, everything will play differently once the system is installed. That's why I said it may not be worth it.