Sign in to follow this  
eturnulrs704

Fi car audio reps?

Fuqit I will just keep the teams then.. Rather be different anyway, 2 teams on 8600w should do nicely.  Since so many people have the sp4.. But I'm curious why most of you who have the sp4 chose that sub n not the team... 

if I was to take a guess, I'd say cost, maybe. 

For me the team sub came out after I bought them, and I personally love the sound of the SP4. Ive never heard a team sub to know whether it carried over the same sound quality and response, so to me it wasnt worth all the time and money to do.

Yeah maybe.. There is a huge difference in cost.. Actually don't know why it's such a broad margin.  Maybe I will tune it to About 28 hz. See if I can see difference. Anyone know a good way to calculate cabin gain/tuning? 

Yeah, but may not be worth it.

Here is my theory.

You need to play your system OUTSIDE of your vehicle. Across the audio spectrum, like, 20-60hz. Play it and measure it at a certain db level. Then, you do the same once your system is in the vehicle. This would be how you would measure your cabin gain.

By tuning, I'm guessing you mean your vehicles peak frequency? If you so, there is a mathematical way to find out. I forget exactly, but I'm sure you can google it. It something like, you measure the passenger footwell to the driver side rear hatch. You then divide that number by the speed of sound. again, it's "something" like that lol. There other method i've heard, is to build a sealed box, and find it that way. 

But again, everything will play differently once the system is installed. That's why I said it may not be worth it. 

Thx. I will try it.. Hopefully the sub come quickly. My other team sub is sitting waiting for a good break in. And My Jl subs sound great but they have no output..

Edited by eturnulrs704

Ok. Built my new enclosure while waiting for the sub. Finished the box on tuesday and the sub came yesterday. Total of 32 days, 8 days in fedex transit. So 24 days. Dropped both in and all I can say is DAMN. Eating those lows. Currently tuned to 32hz. As a pair these things are destroyers. Just gotta be easy while I break it in. So I will pull it and use the old single box for a few to break in the new sub.