shadowm891

would better tweeters help

I added a sa-10 in my nissan 350z and i notice i am having trouble hearing the music a little in my car with the sub turn all the way up. So i had to back down on the gain some tell the music sound better. now i am running stock component set's in my door's which i understand is the cause of my problem. My question is if i were to replace the tweeters with lets say some really nice jbl tweeter's i have would this help with my music tell i save up some money for better component set's.

Tulsa ?? You can go over to Car Toys and let them hook you up ??

Edited by Randal Johnson

yeah that is where i got my jbl tweeters from when i had my suv i just pulled them out when i sold it. i plan on going online and order me some hertz hi energy component's i just wanted to see if i replace my factory tweeters with the jbl tweeters i have if that would help with my problem.

Only one way to find out. Raplace them if they will fit without major modification.

I would Say just get a mid level component set instead of wasting your time.

would you think the hertz dsk 165 and the alpine spr-60c be a mid level component set's. they are the only 2 i have heard so fare i am just not sure which one's to get. i don't like my music screaming in my ear's i would prefer more mellow instead of high pitch screaming sound.

Tweeters are definitely not the cure. Car audio tweeters that come with crossovers (which you'll need) are almost always crossed so friggin' high that they rarely can do anything positive. Really need components.

If you only had a little money now, your best bet is to deaden and improve the factory installation as it is horseshit.

would you think the hertz dsk 165 and the alpine spr-60c be a mid level component set's. they are the only 2 i have heard so fare i am just not sure which one's to get. i don't like my music screaming in my ear's i would prefer more mellow instead of high pitch screaming sound.
Honestly it's going to be personal taste. I too prefer less bright tweets. My personal favorite sets are the JBL 660s, bravox cf, Rockford t3s, etc. Honestly pick what you've heard and you can eq any excess brightness out.