Sign in to follow this  
JCBULLET

Wait time on all products explained in depth by..

Someone please explain (in depth) wait times on all products to help ssa customers now & in the future ..thanx

Edited by JCBULLET

What do you mean? The wait time depends on what's in stock. SSA usually stocks some subwoofers but a large majority are made to order, and depending on their workload it can range from 10-20 business days. But average is normally 10-15. But recently with the success of the tax sale they are still pretty swamped with orders.

Now with non ssa items it's the same however some companies decide to drop ship their stuff if it is not in stock. So if SSA doesn't have it, it is directly drop shipped from the company (ex. Sundown) and it will ship directly From them. Now if it is back ordered from the main build house it is completely based on the time it takes to get them back in stock. So a lot of variables go into wait times with most products.

One more thing depending on where you're located you also have to factor in shipping times.

Also holidays, weather conditions, and the random things that pop up can change the times too.

It's very seasonal and many factors involved, almost none of which SSA is in control of or they can predict in advance.

It's very seasonal and many factors involved, almost none of which SSA is in control of or they can predict in advance.

exactly why there shouldn't be threads asking these things..

Someone please explain (in depth) wait times on all products to help ssa customers now & in the future ..thanx

Let's address the SSA products for discussion reasons.

As already stated, their are a lot of reasons that go into the wait time. As stated, holidays, tax time, employee illness, and the like. Now, wait time has been the deal breaker for many customers for quite a while now. Pretty much since I've become active on this forum a few years ago. And there has always been, a reason, for long wait times. At the end, the product speaks for itself.

Now, speaking from my personal opinion, NOT taking any shots. But as I am an honest person, and pulls no bias, I will say this. One thing that I have seen that's becoming an occurrence over the past few years, is again, there is always a reason for the long wait time. And as an loyal fan/customer/user/competitor. I truly hope that one day this can be not only addressed, but fixed as well. Year round, there may be many reasons for long waits. A few that immediately come to mind, that has, again, been an occurrence reason. Is, holidays, tax seasons, employee illness, supply shortage, and finally, competitions. Whether that be World Finals, State Finals, or season openers. So basically, if you can tell by my example, ALL year long can be a valid reason for the long lead time. 

Now, obviously, there is an easy fix for this, gather more man power. But, the problem with this, obviously, more man power comes with a cost, and with an added cost to manufacture, comes with a cost to the customer, which no one wants. And there you have it, the never ending cycle. The battle of production vs demand. I'm giving this feedback, again, as an loyal customer. That, because of this wait time alone, it deters MANY customers. I hate to say it, but it even an reason for me not running an SSA product at this very moment. I decided to "go big" shortly after the season has began, and I did not want to wait two months for my product to be in hand, knowing I could have missed well over 6 shows during this duration, which could cost me an World Finals appearance. And it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, when I tell others that, yes, Fi/SSA would be an superior product, but beware of the wait time. That is immediately the number one reason people that I communicate with goes elsewhere, as well as other consumers. 

My .02

Let's address the SSA products for discussion reasons.

As already stated, their are a lot of reasons that go into the wait time. As stated, holidays, tax time, employee illness, and the like. Now, wait time has been the deal breaker for many customers for quite a while now. Pretty much since I've become active on this forum a few years ago. And there has always been, a reason, for long wait times. At the end, the product speaks for itself.

Now, speaking from my personal opinion, NOT taking any shots. But as I am an honest person, and pulls no bias, I will say this. One thing that I have seen that's becoming an occurrence over the past few years, is again, there is always a reason for the long wait time. And as an loyal fan/customer/user/competitor. I truly hope that one day this can be not only addressed, but fixed as well. Year round, there may be many reasons for long waits. A few that immediately come to mind, that has, again, been an occurrence reason. Is, holidays, tax seasons, employee illness, supply shortage, and finally, competitions. Whether that be World Finals, State Finals, or season openers. So basically, if you can tell by my example, ALL year long can be a valid reason for the long lead time. 

Now, obviously, there is an easy fix for this, gather more man power. But, the problem with this, obviously, more man power comes with a cost, and with an added cost to manufacture, comes with a cost to the customer, which no one wants. And there you have it, the never ending cycle. The battle of production vs demand. I'm giving this feedback, again, as an loyal customer. That, because of this wait time alone, it deters MANY customers. I hate to say it, but it even an reason for me not running an SSA product at this very moment. I decided to "go big" shortly after the season has began, and I did not want to wait two months for my product to be in hand, knowing I could have missed well over 6 shows during this duration, which could cost me an World Finals appearance. And it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, when I tell others that, yes, Fi/SSA would be an superior product, but beware of the wait time. That is immediately the nwell said and very true thank you where is it that I communicate with goes elsewhere, as well as other consumers. 

My .02

Well said and very true! thank you Sencheezy

Cheezy said it well.  The simple version is fast, good, cheap.  Pick two.  The "two" are already chosen due to the race to zero and people surely won't understand a price increase.

Something very difficult people don't see so they don't realize it or take it for granted, is the cost of materials never go down.  They are always increasing and yet, the cost of the subs don't go up (heck they go down during a sale).  Year round we are bombarded with hook me up or sponsor me bro etc., funny how that works.

So with that said, if the costs to the customer can't go up, and the profit margins are constantly getting squeezed smaller and smaller.....  there is not a whole lot of options. ;)

My gripe with the online store is with non SSA products and the false ship times. When I put my order in over two weeks ago I was under the impression that it would ship within 2 business days. To me that means 2 business days or less, and one of the reasons why I placed my order in the first place. A week goes by, and after never receiving any sort of shipping confirmation or status updates, I decided to check for myself and lo and behold my order became backordered. It's now been over two weeks and my order is still awaiting fulfillment and yet the product page states "ships within 2 business days." Guys, get your inventory under control and stop misleading potential customers with false ship times. Update your customers if you can't fulfill your shipping time frame. Lack of communication is a huge indicator or poor customer service. That's all I have to say

My gripe with the online store is with non SSA products and the false ship times. When I put my order in over two weeks ago I was under the impression that it would ship within 2 business days. To me that means 2 business days or less, and one of the reasons why I placed my order in the first place. A week goes by, and after never receiving any sort of shipping confirmation or status updates, I decided to check for myself and lo and behold my order became backordered. It's now been over two weeks and my order is still awaiting fulfillment and yet the product page states "ships within 2 business days." Guys, get your inventory under control and stop misleading potential customers with false ship times. Update your customers if you can't fulfill your shipping time frame. Lack of communication is a huge indicator or poor customer service. That's all I have to say

There are no false ship times, we are not misleading anyone.  Sorry you feel that way.  We have a constant flow of inventory coming in and orders going out.  There are occasions when Mark is not in the NY warehouse for a few days and it can cause a slight delay, but that is not that often.  We often are running into placing large inventory orders and only find out after they have arrived that some of it didn't ship due to it being back ordered and we didn't know until then.  There are a couple of things that need to be drop shipped and at times that is not always as fast as possible.  So sometimes it is our suppliers and sometimes it is our man power.  When orders are processed, customers are usually sent an email right away if something is out of stock or back ordered before we could get the website updated IF we have not already stated right on the product page that the item is back ordered.  The sheer insane amount of emails I handle 7 days a week is with out a doubt not a lack of communication.  We are bringing in one or possibly two, part time people to help with the mass amount of customer service that is required.