Sign in to follow this  
wannabang

Fat burning, protein, carbs, and pre-workout.

Fruit flavor powder works best for water. Chocolate protein powder + water has never, ever, EVER worked out for me.

TN also sells individual flavor packs, so you can experiment and find the flavor you like best.

MuscleMilk has already been to court over their premixed shakes IIRC.

Got a link to this? Might help me win an argument.

Also the cold filtered whey isolate mixes well with water. Just needs to be cold as fuck. Team skip will as well.

Any protein will mix well if u shake it hard/long enough (that's what she said) and you just need the right blend. All my time deployed I NEVER used milk. Mainly because it was all 'long shelf' milk.

J

MuscleMilk has already been to court over their premixed shakes IIRC.

Got a link to this? Might help me win an argument.

Also the cold filtered whey isolate mixes well with water. Just needs to be cold as fuck. Team skip will as well.

Any protein will mix well if u shake it hard/long enough (that's what she said) and you just need the right blend. All my time deployed I NEVER used milk. Mainly because it was all 'long shelf' milk.

J

Farbod Nasseri v. CytoSport, Inc., Case No. BC439181

Delacruz v. CytoSport, Inc.,

Case No.: 4:11-cv-03532-CW

Northern District of California

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/closed-settlements/10541-cytosport-muscle-milk-class-action-lawsuit-settlement/

http://www.cytosportclassactionsettlement.com/

http://www.classactionrebates.com/settlements/cytosport/

http://www.classactionrebates.com/settlements/muscle-milk/

The fiber pill, as I know fiber is suppused to lessen the body's intake of carbs, or something, so potentially helping with weight gain due to beer drinking?!  (I assume I'm creating falacies) 

I never refered to musclemilk.  CYO is Create Your Own that TN offers, if that's what you were confused by. 

BCAA Plus is a pre-workout formula that TN offers as well.  Stimulant free, I guess, which would be nice, since Emerge that I'm taking has 4 cups of coffee's worth of ccaffeine in it.  I've been cutting back my use of the product purely for that reason.

The fiber pill, as I know fiber is suppused to lessen the body's intake of carbs, or something, so potentially helping with weight gain due to beer drinking?!  (I assume I'm creating falacies) 

Fiber supplements help curb appetite, keep your glucose levels from spiking, and keeping you regular.

With regard to Team Skip's stuff, all the reviews seem to think it's best with milk, which I won't be able to store in my dorm.  The CYO is intriguing, but I'm not sure I know enough to use it and assume that just about every mixture is already available.  Is that the gimmick? Great idea, though.

There's no way every mixture is already available. The CYO tool allows you to make tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of different combinations.

With regard to Team Skip's stuff, all the reviews seem to think it's best with milk, which I won't be able to store in my dorm.  The CYO is intriguing, but I'm not sure I know enough to use it and assume that just about every mixture is already available.  Is that the gimmick? Great idea, though.

There's no way every mixture is already available. The CYO tool allows you to make tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of different combinations.

It's all custom blended. That's why you can have 10% of beef, 20% cold filtered when isolate, and 70% soy if you wanted for a protein mix. It makes life easy. Get order, blend protein amounts for total weight ordered (5 lbs is 5lbs of protein) THEN add in flavoring, additives, etc.

J

Awesome!  I may just be taking formulas from other products and making the whey antibiotic free, since I don't feel knowledgable enough to make my own entirely.  Also, will probably invest in some fiber supplement.  As far as a pre-workout goes, though, any suggestions or advice as to what I'm looking for? 

Honestly, I don't use pre-workouts. I found they make my heart beat jacked up.

J

Fiber supplements help curb appetite, keep your glucose levels from spiking, and keeping you regular.

Again, nothing wrong with beer or carbs. Just have to keep an eye on the amount you consume.

Edited by Penguin4x4

It changes my heart beat/rate some, but I've been a fan of it since I started taking it.  May just try this new one to see how it goes.  It is quite expensive though.

Give it a shot. Worse than happens is you find out its not worth it for you.

J

If you haven't eaten fairly recently prior to working out you could take bcaas before then

Give it a shot. Worse than happens is you find out its not worth it for you.

J

I'll try anything twice! :lol2:

I just chew on SBM. 48% pure alnatural protein.

SBM?

J

Gotcha.

J

I usually workout immediately after getting up and dressed, prior to eating anything, so it essentially becomes that my first meal is juice (well, until Australia makes me eat cafeteria food again).

Oii!  Now that I'm in Australia, I figured I'd post the weekly routine I drew up for myself to get some criticism and just update y'all.

No pre-workout, just protein powder post-workout.  Workout before or after breakfast.  Thursday is my day off.

Daily Exercises

20+ minute run

25 pull-ups (narrow-grip until I build my shoulders enough)

2 sets of bicep curls (15 reps, light weight)

2 sets of DB tricep press (15 reps, light weight)

50 lunges

50 squats

50 pushups (military)

45 second planks (square and both sides)

Oblique Plate Raises (3 sets, 10 reps)

Russian Twists (unweighted)

Leg Focus

Sub 50 squats for 50 power jacks (insanity)

Sub 50 lunges for 50 box jumps (.5 metre)

25 tuck jumps

Add Leg Press (3 sets)

Add Leg Extensions (3 sets)

Add Leg Curls (3 sets)

Add Calf Raises (3 sets)

Arm/Shoulder Focus

Add DB Benchpress (3 sets)

Add Reverse & Inverted Row (3 sets, 10 reps)

Add Delt Raises (3 sets)

Add Plate Raises (3 sets)

Back/Chest Focus

Add Inverted Row (3 sets)

Add Pull-downs (3 sets)

Add 50 pushups (wide)

Add Butterfly (3 sets)

Core Focus

Sub Planks for Alternating Position Planks (High-Low Planks)

Sub Pushups for Oblique Pushups (insanity)

Add 20 Leg Raises

Add Cable Crunches (3 sets)

Add 50 Reverse Crunches

Add 25 reverse crunch into leg raise

Cardio Focus

Sub squats for burpees

Add 10 minute run (increased pace)

Add 50 high-knees w/ twist

Add Plank Run (45 seconds)

Add 25 Kick, step backs (insanity)

All criticism is appreciated!  Seems pretty basic, but the gym here is pretty basic as well.  Squats and lunges are just body weight, which I intend to change once my legs become more in shape.  Each category is a different day with one day of just the daily's.  Cardio begins the week, and Legs is Friday, just to separate them as much as possible.  Core is mixed in depending on time constraints/ability due to muscle soreness, but definitely once a week.

I'm continuing the routine, but have converted to a more full-body workout, alternating between upperbody and lower body each day.  I cut my cardio time slightly, but have changed to faster paces.  I'm going to work to increase my time on these faster paces.  I continue my body weight exercises each day I'm at the gym.  Results are beginning to show.

Cheers!

Try a three day split. It's old school but works.

M- back and bi's

W- chest and tri's

F- legs

Cardio tues and thurs

Sat and sun is rest days

Some abdominal shit daily as they can take the abuse and recover daily.

J

Who all takes bcaa's? When do you take them? Starting to ramp up the workouts, and looking for a little extra. Are these a take 1/2 hr before workout similar to a pre-workout? Or just a once daily, like first thing with breakfast type of deal?

Looking to get over some plateau's that I've hit.

most will tell you to take multiple times a day btwn meals, on the bottles themselves... but many people will take pre/during workouts....  I'm guessing for those in the fitness world every little bit counts/adds up to end goals. I can no longer supplement protein as everyone I've had over the past few years has caused me horrible stomach which I only discovered in the past few months. So now I eat a bus load of food, George Foreman 9 serving grill FTW .... make all my chicken/turkey burgers on Sunday and Tuesday or Wednesday.... Some 93% lean burgers as well to mix it up... Quinoa beans and oats for most carbs

I am not the one who knows it all but I am learning about my body still and I'm sure there is more of that in the future

Who all takes bcaa's? When do you take them? Starting to ramp up the workouts, and looking for a little extra. Are these a take 1/2 hr before workout similar to a pre-workout? Or just a once daily, like first thing with breakfast type of deal?

Looking to get over some plateau's that I've hit.