hdrox88

More power for mids?

10" mid isn't required, but the Seas will be COMPLETELY overwhelmed. Of course so would 4 of them.

Can't have output and bandwidth, just not possible. Exactly why PA systems use a bunch of drivers. More drivers, more complexity, harder to tune, and will never blend as well...but you'll get output.

No way, no how would I EVER run a 10" driver for playing midrange. It doesn't gain you anything.

Not disagreeing totally, but my Rockford Pro Audio 10's are crossed at 50hz - 4khz  and fill the gap quite nice and are loud and have good midbass aswell. I would say they would do well paired with some horns especially crossing the horns at 1.5k or so. 

I will say Senchez's 12's are even more awesome. But not many people are prepared to run such a large driver up front.

Do note I said midrange. Plenty of ways to do this, but I'd definitely be running a 3 or 4 way if I really needed output.

Agreed, same reason why I never mentioned midrange either. Midbass would be the only benefactor here. I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Nothing is gonna keep up with horns, but it doesnt mean you have to run them full steam either. Eric has mentioned the 18 Sound 6ND430 and SilverFlute w17rc38 as mids that can be used with horns along with the ID X65. So 6.5"/7" can work and do the trick. Its all about personal preference, listening habits and goals. Not everybody is trying to get their front stage to be as loud as their subs.

I have mini's and ID X65's and I will say lol. No way they come close to being good enough to come close to matching the extension you need to be considered a "good" match. 

I guess I'm just being particular to something that can extend down to at least in the 50hz range. It doesn't have to be done with authority or anything, but just being there is nice.

10" mid isn't required, but the Seas will be COMPLETELY overwhelmed. Of course so would 4 of them.

Can't have output and bandwidth, just not possible. Exactly why PA systems use a bunch of drivers. More drivers, more complexity, harder to tune, and will never blend as well...but you'll get output.

No way, no how would I EVER run a 10" driver for playing midrange. It doesn't gain you anything.

Not disagreeing totally, but my Rockford Pro Audio 10's are crossed at 50hz - 4khz  and fill the gap quite nice and are loud and have good midbass aswell. I would say they would do well paired with some horns especially crossing the horns at 1.5k or so. 

I will say Senchez's 12's are even more awesome. But not many people are prepared to run such a large driver up front.

Do note I said midrange. Plenty of ways to do this, but I'd definitely be running a 3 or 4 way if I really needed output.

Agreed, same reason why I never mentioned midrange either. Midbass would be the only benefactor here. I wouldn't have it any other way smile.png

10" pro audio mids suck at midbass generally speaking.

I guess I'm just being particular to something that can extend down to at least in the 50hz range. It doesn't have to be done with authority or anything, but just being there is nice.

Which REQUIRES a ported enclosure if using a high sensitivity driver. Still would need a multitude of them to really "keep up". The bandwidth trade-off usually means that a ported 8 or at most 10 is the sweet spot...although a multi-way system will do even a better job.

If I decided to get crazy(my standards) I'd do the horns under dash, ?" mid in the kick, 8" mid bass in the door. I can't imagine I'd want more than that. It would certainly keep my busy, that's for sure.