Impious

Might Finally Install A Stereo...

Did you check your LD25X's? Mine were very mismatched and not to manufacturer specs. The impedance curves and fs were very different from one driver to the next. I would love to try the mid you have as well. I have the FR125SR.

To make a sealed in enclosure in the door I cut an old coffee can in half. I then sunk that half into the door until it just about touched the window. This is now the area that the magnet sits in. Then I fiberglassed that to the backside if the door card. There are numerous ways you can do this hopefully you can picture what I am explaining. You can also add deadener to the "bucket".

Yeah. Problem is I need a solid .5cuft, don't think half a coffee can is going to cut it for that :(.  

And no, I didn't measure mine yet. Didn't realize there were problems until they started blowing them out on ebay. Hopefully they aren't way out of spec.

Yeah...um, no. Don't even need to click the link, I already know what it is. I can most definitely state I do not have the Magic Bus in my sites for this build. Maybe next time ;)

Got home from work way too late today. Rest of my week is full, so hopefully Sun I can try to make some headway on the doors.

For some reason, I am having problems with these links. Can not acess them.

same for me but the links worked before. 

On my ipad so I can't get the imbedding links to work.

I'm regretting every second of my decision to glass enclosures for the midbass.  Many hours into it and all I have to show for it is the first layer of glass laid down.

gallery_532_407_865699.jpg

gallery_532_407_1218002.jpg

However, to make up for it these beauties were waiting for me when I got home.  Decided to go a different route for the subs :)  I had a single Shiva-X infinite baffle in my old setup and loved it.  So I can't wait to get these fired up.

gallery_532_407_144624.jpg

gallery_532_407_899150.jpg

Mmm so jelly

I saw those Tempest-X for sale on DIYMA

I made an offer on them a couple months ago. He finally accepted it :)

I'm regretting every second of my decision to glass enclosures for the midbass.  Many hours into it and all I have to show for it is the first layer of glass laid down.

Attention to details like this takes time my brother. From the looks of it, people will notice the dedication once it's done. Nice work.

However, to make up for it these beauties were waiting for me when I got home. Decided to go a different route for the subs smile.png I had a single Shiva-X infinite baffle in my old setup and loved it. So I can't wait to get these fired up.

Very nice looking drivers.

great looking enclosure man!

Thanks.  I hope to never have to do it again though...LOL  I'm pretty well stuck with 15" 12-spoke basket subs for as long as I own the car.

Tomorrow my "goal" is to get another layer of 'glass on the door so I can remove the mold and get a temporary comp set installed so I can hook everything up and actually have an aftermarket stereo playing by the end of the weekend.  It's been 3 years since I've had a system in my car, at this point I'm just anxious to get SOMETHING playing even if it's not the final install.  And while SQ is more of my thang, I do miss the bass :(

Very nice work.

Enclosure came out real nice, wish you were closer so I could hear the IB. Only IB setup I've heard was a 12" Focal with the neo magnets (I don't know models) and I really liked how it sounded, but needed a littttttle more output.

Looks great! 

That looks Awesome! 

Thanks.  I hope to never have to do it again though...LOL  I'm pretty well stuck with 15" 12-spoke basket subs for as long as I own the car.

:ohnoes9: not 12 spoke 15's, that sounds terrible!!  :P

Nice work sir!

Looking tits so far, cant wait to see what you have in store for the doors.

Enclosure came out real nice, wish you were closer so I could hear the IB. Only IB setup I've heard was a 12" Focal with the neo magnets (I don't know models) and I really liked how it sounded, but needed a littttttle more output.

IB has the same potential for output as sealed, but since it's basically a really large sealed box you trade some peak output for more low end.  I can imagine that single Focal was lacking in the bass dept, they aren't exactly known for their high excursion.  This setup however should be capable of about 20db more than I'll actually use :)  WinISD says peak output is the same as the ported Brahma I had before but with about 10db+ more output at 20hz, or twice as loud to the ear.  I can't wait :P 

ohnoes9.gif not 12 spoke 15's, that sounds terrible!!  tongue.png

I know right.  With only 3000+ subs to choose from I don't know what I'll do :D 

Looking tits so far, cant wait to see what you have in store for the doors.

Yeah, me too :P  Really unsure how it's going to turn out.  My first time doing the doors that extensively and I don't have a great vision for coming up with fabrication ideas.

Here's a couple pics of the subs in their new home.  Trunk is officially finished.  Feels good to have atleast something to check off the list.

gallery_532_407_1003839.jpg

gallery_532_407_373708.jpg

gallery_532_407_904741.jpg

Looks really sharp man!!!!

J

You are making me want to buy a trunk car. Nice.

Looking clean. I almost bought a roadmaster a few years ago, but they are hard to find clean and with the LT1 like yours. All that stereo and still more trunk space than most cars.